• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The characters scaled from Spider-Man need to have their statistics revised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Matthew.

@All

We need to find some reliable feats for the lower ranking Marvel characters to scale from.

Deadpool is too much of a gag, almost cartoon physics, character to be reliable, Wolverine is protected against blunt impacts by his skeleton, Venom was an unquantifiable distance away from the source of the explosion, and the Vibranium in Captain America's shield was intended to have absorbed most of Superia's blasts.

Are there any other available feats that have been calculated or can be calculated?

" Venom was an unquantifiable distance away from the source of the explosion,"

It was a attack that caused a explosion that Venom clearly got hit directly by attack, if he wasn't he wouldn't have been the only person that literally flew into the sky.

He has extremely swift speed, and likely got away some distance from it. In any case, unless he was lying down on the explosives, and the bomb was very small, I strongly doubt that he was hit by the majority of the energy.

Venom didn't get away he was going to the person to punch him in the face and It wasn't a bomb it was person that caused the explosion using a attack on Venom. It's obvious Venom didn't get a chance to do anything as he was effectively blasted off 3 mountains away while people right next to the guy didn't or people around Venom.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:E140661C-6F9D-449D-9B17-84BA7207C7D4.jpeg (Here is Songbird literally touching the guy)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:7EF787E0-6F94-4EB6-8019-F6FEB17D7B57.jpeg (Here is Venom going towards him and stating that he'll try to rip some body part out of him)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:AD0C87F0-A370-43C3-90D1-79105A468715.jpeg (Here is Venom getting sent flying a mountain or two away from the attack)

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/File:14623F0A-1759-40CA-9049-C790C5E5C087.jpeg (Here is everyone pretty much in the same place and only Venom flew a mountain or two away dispite Songbird being literally right next to the guy and Bullseye being next to Venom)

Hold on; You're telling me there's no actual scan of him being hit directly by the laser? Just an assumption?

I would greatly appreciate further help with this revision.

Goddamn I completely forgot about this, sorry about that.

I'll make a summarization in a bit once I have the time

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Well, just to recap for new visitors and those who have forgotten, we need to first determine proper calculated feats to scale from for our Low 7-C, 8-A, and 9-A Marvel characters, and then revise the profiles accordingly.

Antvasima said:
Deadpool is too much of a gag, almost cartoon physics, character to be reliable, Wolverine is protected against blunt impacts by his skeleton, Venom was an unquantifiable distance away from the source of the explosion, and the Vibranium in Captain America's shield was intended to have absorbed most of Superia's blasts.
Wait, so basically all current 8-A are no longer usable for scaling Street Level Marvel characters?

I can understand in the case of America and Wolverine, but why Deadpool?

Yes, he is a gag character but that so is someone like Mr. Mxyzptlk (yes he can be considered as a gag character), and i don't think anyone here would think he cannot be High 2-A just because of that.

And what about actual Toon Force characters like Yosemite Sam or The Mask? Do their feats no longer matter?

Sure you could argue that Deadpool could be 8-A but he'd have to be given a variable tiering much the same with Lobo due to how blatantly inconsistent they both are.

At the very most he could be given a variable durability rating since that's the sole basis for his rating to begin with.

I just mean that Deadpool being a gag character makes him extremely inconsistent, and as such unreliable to scale from.

It is better if we find other feats from other characters to scale from instead.

Huh we're doing this? Well good thing I have plans, back up plans, and even more plans now that I know fireball calcs are too big.

Help is always very appreciated.

It would be good if we can continue with this revision.

I don't think there is anything left to do except downgrade everyone to 8-A, it's been well over a month and there is nothing to substantiate low 7-C for spiderman and co.

We cannot wait forever. We need active participation with finding reliable feats to scale from.

Wolverine has an adamantium skeleton that canonically absorbs blunt impacts, Captain America was supposed to mostly be protected by his partial Vibranium shield in the currently used instance, and Deadpool is a nonsensical gag character with extreme Regenerationn. Other feats have to be used instead for the low level Marvel Comics characters.

KLOL506 said:
Black Knight has some solid 8-A feats himself, as pointed out by Huesito.
Can you link to the calculations?

For the record, I think that High 8-C seems more consistent for Spider-Man, but it depends on the calculations that we find.

I'd also mention that most of Marvel's street tiers have multiple consistent High 8-C showings as Huesito's calcs show.

Regarding the Black Knight feat, Arkon's "lightning" bolts are magical, which I think that the Ebony Blade negates, and it is only his black bolts that have a force of 20 tons of TNT, which this was not. His regular ones only have a force of 10 pounds of TNT. Meaning, the calculation is invalid.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Arkon_(Earth-616)#Weapons

KLOL506 said:
I'd also mention that most of Marvel's street tiers have multiple consistent High 8-C showings as Huesito's calcs show.
These calculations might be useful though.

Antvasima said:
Regarding the Black Knight feat, Arkon's "lightning" bolts are magical, which I think that the Ebony Blade negates, and it is only his black bolts that have a force of 20 tons of TNT, which this was not. His regular ones only have a force of 10 pounds of TNT. Meaning, the calculation is invalid.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Arkon_(Earth-616)#Weapons
It still ain't Storm referees to it as a real lightning bolt. He still would've needed KE to throw the sword at those speeds.

Antvasima said:
KLOL506 said:
These calculations might be useful though.
These are for unenhanced characters, BTW. The enhanced ones like Cap and Wolverine are waaaaaaaay higher up the list.

It seems like his 20 tons of TNT bolts are supposed to be black, whereas the yellow ones are intended for teleportation:

https://***************.to/Comic/Th...vel-Universe-Deluxe-Edition/Issue-1?id=115746

As such, given that the colour is off in the Black Knight scan, we cannot reliably gauge which one that he used, but it seems more likely that he used the weaker version, given that the stronger ones can defeat The Thing.

Also, electrical lightning isn't tangible and standing still in a quiver, nor does it release large amounts of kinetic energy.

Black Knight would still have 8-B attack potency based on the 20 tons statement, but scaling it to other characters might be a different story. His 10 pounds bolts are like Wall level+ and very close to 9-A. 10 pounds = 4.53592 kg.

Was it explicitly stated that Arkon used (a somehow yellow) black bolt or D-bolt against the Black Knight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back