• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Commoner's Thread: The Death of SCP

I don't care about this thread right now but Idiosycraticlawyer's response to Bambu had to be one of the most childish and pretentious things I could imagine to be said here. Really not a good look for SCP supporters.

As a member of the FC/OC community, we would like to humbly decline this offer. Since VSBW doesn't want it, maybe JBW would be interested instead. Sorry.
Nah bro we gon make SCP stay we gotta keep SCP! My glorious tier 0 fish gotta stay!

I talked with Seol, she thinks we could allow -J profiles on JBW because they're comedic, but everything else is a no because they don't fit with JBW and we don't want to be flooded with unfunny SCP stuff

then again another more sinister solution would involve me and every other SCP supporter making another verse but like

That's just a theory.

They deliberately created the most obnoxiously overpowered SCPs to game VS Battles' system, and now their manipulate wanking efforts will be rendered worthless. How could this have backfired?
Ok now that I think about it as much as I love them SCPs has got to go.

I think the games could potentially be allowed only if they rely on self-contained scaling--AKA, only the materials in the game are used for scaling. Nothing directly from the SCP site. Now, if a basic SCP article is literally in the game (like Containment Breech) it can be used. But if that article has additional experiment case files on the site that aren't in the game, they won't be usable. And obviously, different games wouldn't scale to each other unless they were made as a canon series by the same creator(s), like with the Slender Man games/series/movies.

I think the games could potentially be allowed only if they rely on self-contained scaling--AKA, only the materials in the game are used for scaling. Nothing directly from the SCP site. Now, if a basic SCP article is literally in the game (like Containment Breech) it can be used. But if that article has additional experiment case files on the site that aren't in the game, they won't be usable. And obviously, different games wouldn't scale to each other unless they were made as a canon series by the same creator(s), like with the Slender Man games/series/movies.
WE ARE SO BACK CHAT

Really don't have a horse, but

Anyway, in addition to what Bambu, myself, and others have said above, one extra problem that I have with SCP is that it does not seem to be proper fiction, just an assembly of collectively written wiki pages that another wiki creates pages for, which goes against our fundamental rules and principles, and the extremely high tier spam to force away attention from legitimate fiction as some form of free advertisement also does not help at all.

This being stated by Ant does rub me the wrong way. I feel like it's just inherently devaluing SCP as a medium for storytelling in of itself, calling it not "proper fiction". I don't see why "proper fiction" has to be created by one person, or a specifically curated group of people. What makes SCP illegitimate as a medium compared to another webnovel, or an actual novel, or whatnot? And why is the wiki providing advertisement to works a concern at all? What makes SCP so undeserving of "advertising" or "recognition".

Just seems like a weird pointless statement. In my opinion, it holds as much weight as the statement about people just wanting to delete SCP because they don't like it and I find it weird that Kru got called out for his behavior and not Ant.

This being stated by Ant does rub me the wrong way. I feel like it's just inherently devaluing SCP as a medium for storytelling in of itself, calling it not "proper fiction". I don't see why "proper fiction" has to be created by one person, or a specifically curated group of people. What makes SCP illegitimate as a medium compared to another webnovel, or an actual novel, or whatnot? And why is the wiki providing advertisement to works a concern at all? What makes SCP so undeserving of "advertising" or "recognition".

Just seems like a weird pointless statement.
Elitism

Just seems like a weird pointless statement. In my opinion, it holds as much weight as the statement about people just wanting to delete SCP because they don't like it and I find it weird that Kru got called out for his behavior and not Ant.
It may be that my opinion on that is not wanted, but that has never stopped me from saying it, harhar.

Ant's insinuation that SCP is bad media or whatever isn't really comparable to Krukov's insinuation that this is a witch hunt to oust something we don't like. I think Ant's comment wasn't necessary but it wasn't really directly militant towards anyone, either.

For a verse deletion like this does every staff vote matter or just specific ones?
Evaluating staff are currently what's being counted- so calc group members, content moderators, and image helpers and the like aren't technically votes with weight, but they're added to the OP regardless for future reference.

It may be that my opinion on that is not wanted, but that has never stopped me from saying it, harhar.

Ant's insinuation that SCP is bad media or whatever isn't really comparable to Krukov's insinuation that this is a witch hunt to oust something we don't like. I think Ant's comment wasn't necessary but it wasn't really directly militant towards anyone, either.
I think it's just a bad look, I guess. You guys do already have support so it doesn't really matter, but stuff like that DOES make me feel that at least his perspective comes from a bit of bad faith.

Let's not kid ourselves, Antvasima couldn't be more clear that about his bias and spiteful nature towards SCP. I'd honestly consider his vote moot if I was hosting the thread since I genuinely don't think he's being fair or rational in his judgment. But that's just me!

Let's not kid ourselves, Antvasima couldn't be more clear that about his bias and spiteful nature towards SCP. I'd honestly consider his vote moot if I was hosting the thread since I genuinely don't think he's being fair or rational in his judgment. But that's just me!
He just hates it, and many other verses, for daring to have slightly morbid themes.

He's not a fan of most verses I like, I figure. He's not shy about letting it be known, either, although I don't find that it bothers me.

Okay so we have 9-5 now, 3 vote advantage in favor of deletion. If this thread ends now, would this be enough to proceed with verse deletion?

Back