• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Element of Loyalty is free

Peppersalt43

They/Them
On January 6, 2022, I made Rainbow Dash vs A-Train during the times when EQG was still 9-B+ and Rainbow Dash was still Supersonic. It was pointed out that it was subject to change which a CRT later covered, giving us our current ratings... All except Rainbow Dash whose speed rating was still undecided. It was until 16 November 2022 that a recalc was finally finished. Almost 11 months her profile was unusable...

The moment it was done, I was elated! And with the spammed character saga currently still developing, I decided to fully commit to it with that first thread match-up thread. At that point I was still experimenting with @Kisaragi_Megumi's format which I've used extensively for Yor and Chisato matches. However I stuck to the usual format for my more focused on characters such as Connor and Lizardy. Rainbow Dash was the one who I extensively used the format on and used liberally as I really wanted to develop this concept.

A particularly interesting part of the format is a space to use for a prelude of the match and with the narrative going on, I decided to embrace it and write stories for most of my matches in that format with Rainbow Dash vs Pandora being the first time I've ever not written a story for the format. Keep in-mind that at this point, I have mainly focused on matches for her. This in-turn caused the narrative's focus to shift onto her. Rainbow Dash has been a pivotal character in 4 story arcs of the saga and even appears in a lot of other stories not relating to her.

She may or may not have been the main character for the time being. Which is fitting as she basically saw her predicament as some sort of action movie, one which is ending now. This is usually the part where I rant about Deku but he lost a bunch of matches so Connor is currently used as the baseline.

Today he has 28 matches in his profile

Today, so does Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash glanced at her picture frame on the wall, the number 28 marked as her score. The picture frame had turned gold, indicating her freedom and whilst she stared at it with pride and glee, the world around her moved at a slowed pace, the way she saw it whenever she ran. It gave her time to do the things she wanted to do, allowing her to spend more time with her friends.

"Are you finished? We still have a desk to move" Ida pointed out.
"I have one more thing to do. 10 more minutes please?" Rainbow Dash asked before turning to her mentor "Thanks for everything, you were an awesome teacher! I'm-".

"No, stop" Ingenium replied before handing over a marked schedule "I've looked into your internship and college schedule. I've marked all the times you can meet up. Contact us in this number to confirm on whether or not you'll be coming. I'll see you again next week".
"Oh, thank you! Wow, I missed a lot of opportunities. But I thought it'd be Contessa's turn next week?" the blue human asked, the two then looking at the clock, a second ticking by ever so slowly "Oh right".

"I have a written test prepared, page 150 to 158 will be important, as usual, it will be a 1 minute test" Ida explained "But I suppose you should have time to yourself. I'll delay that to next month. Enjoy your freedom, you've earned it". As he bid his farewells, Rainbow Dash turned her attention at the main room's entrance, ready to finish up her last errand before leaving.

The main room had been decorated extensively with many balloons, party streamers, and confetti laying all over the place with a few tables present around with some empty food trays and bowls. Pinkie Pie had always thrown some of the best parties and for such an occasion, she put up her a-game. It was an amazing experience, one which is now over. Everyone had already left to rest save for a few people. Yor in particular was there, carrying Pinkie Pie over her shoulder, the pink human laying limply and groaning in discomfort.

"She's a light drinker, apparently" Yor explained.
"It's OK, I can clean this up" Rainbow Dash replied.

Once the two were gone, she quickly dashed through the place, moving away all of the decorations and bowls though in her blitz, she notices someone laying underneath a banner. Lifting it up, she found it to be Marcy who was currently unconscious. Rainbow Dash had noticed her staying around far longer than everyone just to talk with others and probably enjoying the party. With a smile, she quickly helped the ranger up and placed her by a chair before gently shaking her shoulder, allowing her to regain consciousness. "Oh, hey! I must've drunk way too much sugar. One heck of a party huh?" Marcy said before wincing in pain "Ugh, it feels like I was stepped on by a bunch of people. I remember tripping on something but that's about it". She then looked at the banner she had been laying under, a few footprints and burn marks present.

"I should be surprised that you survived that. But I've been with you long enough to not be surprised" Rainbow Dash replied.
"Heh, yeah..." Marcy replied, her glance moving away for a bit before quickly snapping back "I guess this is it. I'm glad I got to know you, Rainbow. I hope you enjoy your life".

"Marcy, I'm still gonna come back every once in a while".
"Wait, what?!".

"I made a lot of friends here, I can't just abandon them. Element of loyalty, remember?".
"Ha... yeah, that makes sense I guess".

Marcy felt a hand over her shoulder and she had to force herself to look into the eyes of the person standing across her. Eyes filled with hope and determination, unaware of her true allegiances.

"Look, I was there from the start and I'll be there when you're free, I'll promise you that" Rainbow Dash said, causing her friend great guilt "Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye". She gave a few pats on Marcy's shoulder before resuming her clean-up until all that is left are the tables. The portal had already been activated and a single sling bag hung over her shoulder. With a salute and a smile, the blue human dashed through, this time without restriction. And waiting for him is a familiar figure who was there in her very first fight.

"Thanks for waiting up for me, Flutters. I had a few last minute errands to go through" Rainbow Dash greeted before kissing her in the cheek.
"Rainbow, you were only off by 5 minutes" Fluttershy replied, checking her watch.

"Feels like hours from my perspective" the blue human replied before getting startled by familiar ticklish feeling on her back. She quickly pulled it off, revealing the same phase spider all that time ago. Unexpectedly, she proceeded to pet it, somehow earning its attention and affection.

"OK, this was fun. I got address by the way, let's go!" Rainbow Dash exclaimed before dashing behind Fluttershy and putting her hand behind her head. As she dashed through the city, she got to see glances of the place and the people there.

It was a reminder of her current predicament and she couldn't help but cheer in joy

Thank you @GokuSparkle for helping me out with Rainbow Dash on matches lacking supporters

Thank you @Lightbuster30 for being the one who pointed out the potential upgrades for this portion of the verse

Thank you @Kisaragi_Megumi for the match format. It was fun and almost everything I make now is in that format

Thank you @H3110l12345I20 and @Coolboy6 for sticking by the thread and keeping it active. It's kinda lonely there

Thank you @Pikaman and @ShockingPsychic for motivating me to keep on writing for this saga

And lastly, thank you @ElajRuengies for being the one who made that recalc. I could not have made this without you

Now I bring back that PFP I used for a while, at least until I get bored. But until then, it's staying in celebration. I'll also still be working on the journal entries on the Match-Up thread as there's a lot I've missed

"That... is... awesome!" ~Rainbow Haired Athlete

Back