• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Gamer Manwha - Major Revisions

Recent chapter chapter has some nifty upgrades, namely speed.

2000% speed boost for one allowed him to easily react to someone who breached supersonic level. Though he can already perceive that kind of speed back then. So we're talking changing Jee-Han's supersonic speed to higher. Say 340 m's.... That's a x20 boost. So 6,800 m/s, Mach 20. Though he can augment lightning with that too so he definitely has MHS attacks now.

But overall the key thing is to adjust his profile in the future

Edit

This has now become a Gamer Manwha full on revision.

I want to revise the page (if not rewrite it from the top down) when I get the time...

But... Pre-Med.

Just from that alone... I already understand 1% of your pain.... I shall bid you good fortune and work on it!!!

Well once midterm season is over. Separating it by season might be the best bet. It really is a profile page that needs a rework

I was thinking of a better key system than just pre/post training with Lolikeano. Maybe by chapters/seasons instead? And also try to make the profile less cumbersome to look at, since right now there's way too much text and not enough pictures.

I dont think pictures are necessary. But definitely separate by season. Im gonna work on it on fc oc and link it here. We might be able to judge it and even work together before transferring it here.

And rereading this old fave is something Ive been meaning to do after Aura from another planet.

@Regis

I plan on adding lots of pictures since the profile is bare at the moment.

Chapters could work, but I'd prefer to specify by arcs (i.e. Beginning of Story | The Company Arc | Church of Masks Arc e.t.c.)

That might be more than four keys then I think. That fine with you guys? Imo arcs is abetter option too.

Also... Jee-Han can now drag people into his ID and do a tower defense game... Im not kidding... And it seems hes finally facing a true challenge.

Fair nuff, but yeah in that case I can start off a mini profile by the weekend. After that I'll send you guys a link so we can discuss on how to fix it. At the same time I might as well keep track of the other members so we can prepare profiles for them too.

@Repp, if this is going to become a full The Gamer Profile RT, do you think you could change the title if that happens? Since we still don't have a profile for Sun-Il and a bunch of people while others don't seem to be too great either.

Updated now. And hmm, personally I feel like we should aim for the most important characters that have clear feats. So yes definitely Sun-Il, the father, The Company, and the Mask... Maybe the mooks too just in case.

I wouldn't mind changing the title if this becomes a full-blown revision thread.

For Jee-Han's abilities, maybe we should put them in a collapsible quote (not sure what it's called exactly)? Kinda like this:

Mana Manipulation: Can manipulate mana in various ways. Each effect and damage scales to INT level.

• Energy Bolt: Small bolts of energy that could oneshot zombies early on. Explodes with high damage.
  • Spiral Energy Bolt: Created by gathering mana into the palms and causing it to spiral. Can oneshot mob bosses and deal damage to a giant skyscraper sized golem. Should be much stronger now. Has at least 20% defense penetration.
  • Mana Arrow and Magic Arrow: Former is a self-created condensed mana shaped as an arrow. Latter is one learned from a skilbook and seems to be a stronger variant.
  • Spinning Mana/Magic Arrow: A series of spinning arrows. At its full potential can be cast 20 times per minute, and shoots out 25 arrows. Can be fired at multiple directions or while running.
  • Infinite/Endless Magic Arrows: Increased Quantity of above and higher damage.
  • Mana Shield: Can make a spherical barrier that protects Jee-Han from damage. Can make a triple layered variant. In the past tanked an attack that destroyed a building. Can even bounce attacks or be repeatedly summoned if broken.
  • Mana Bomb: One of his stronger attacks. Very destructive
  • Lightning Spiral Magic Bomb: An upgraded version of mana bomb, imbued with the power of lightning. It is incredibly destructive, and easily one shot an enemy of Hyung-In's caliber, taking off the former's hand. It should be noted that the charge time for this technique is almost negligible.
  • Mana Rope/Bind: Uses mana as tethers to bind a target. Earlier on was able to restrict giant monsters.
  • Wide-Range Shackles: A pulse of yellow light is released from Jee-Han. Anyone who is touched by it is instantly wrapped up in mana shackles. It is uncertain whether or not these seal mana, but they do act as a physical immobilizing technique.
  • Attack Dispel: Can negate mana nets by releasing mana to the spell directly. Causes a reversed effect.
  • Curse Removal: Can remove curses and solidify them, making it possible for him to destroy curses.
Make it a bit easier to read IMO.

Mmm... I don't know about collapsible quotes, since people can just glaze over them if they're not careful.

On mobile they also don't appear in tabs iirc. It does make it easier to read in desktop. I don't mind it too much though but it does mean we're going to have to move a lot of abilities around.

Profile is made - Here but not gonna work on it till weekend. I probably shouldn't bingeread a manwha right now.....

Mouse hovers over to webtoons website

I'm gonna follow this. I agree with making the key by arcs, hence why I put in my revision thread that I was going to create a key for the church of the masks arc.

I disagree with Jee-Han's speed enormously. The verse is rather consistent in placing Jee-Han above average people, but not at such a ridiculous level as massively hypersonic. Even in today's chapter, the member of the church of masks augmented himself with lightning, and blitzed Han's golems, and Han's only defense was instant manifestation of a golem.

His flight speed is mid tier superhuman, and even doing the math on what that would be at a maximum level, assuming that his stats scale linearly, would only put him at mach 1.4 for flight speed. His combat speed is a different story. As shown, he requires a 2000% increase in time upon himself in order to keep up with someone moving at only the speed of sound. Sung-Gon is the only one who has fought at supersonic speeds within the series before, and how far above supersonic he is, is unquantifiable.

A while ago I did separate the keys for his abilities, and BFR should likely be added for his defense systems, as he transported them to what was likely an ID space created by his ability. It would of course, be noted under that ability that it only works if his house is attacked, as it's a fortress battle kind of system.

I'm willing to help with any changes to his profile, of course. I'm a bit busy as a chemistry student, but I'll help whenever I can. I just strongly disagree with his speed being that high until I see other evidence. I would be cautious about using lightning to scale as in this verse, lightning is the speed of light according to the author. Speed of light attack speed, sure, but superhuman to transonic with 2000x time acceleration, possibly supersonic combat speed.

I did, however, find a place where we may be able to scale him to the feat performed by the foreign guy with the swords, who he one shot. The guy cut up a slab of earth in a second and it could potentially scale to Jee-Han.

This is certainly a long wall of text, but to summarize, I'm all for helping with the revisions, I disagree with the speed upgrade until further evidence is presented, and I've already been working on/considering making a key for the church of the masks arc for quite some time now.

Back