• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Masked Man vs Giegue

So has Claus shown a resistance to mind manip on giegue's potency? I can give a possible argument of giygas resisting fate manip due to universes existing there giygas wins, but dunno if that backscales to Gigue.

Well, technically he's a being of "no heart" that only listens to Pokey. So that's up for interpretation. Well, you'd have to make a CRT first in order for the resistance to be valid tho I could understand where you are coming from.

Giegue has dealt with low 7-B Characters before (Ninten, Ana). He even compared the duo to "mere ants" when fighting, and had to use the Eight Melodies as a last resort― but that only made Giegue get upset and flee from Earth― which wasn't technically even a defeat. More like a "You win by default!". But then again, Clau― I mean The Masked Man, has The Truth of the Universe― which will aways put the battle in his favor. An example of this is when the kids from Earthbound were at uneven odds against Giygas― but SOMEHOW managed to defeat him by praying. Of all things. So, for these reasons, I'm voting The Masked Man due to his Fate Hax.

Also, yes, Giygas (not Giegue) can "Create a dimension of darkness", but it has been shown that The Truth of the Universe still works in said setting (because the kids in Eartbbound won via the lamest way possible). So the Truth of the Universe should work in other dimensions.

I think that could just be Resistance to Void Manipulation, that, or TOTU sheer speed existing outside of it or something.

Also, would Giegues Mind Manipulation work here?

According to Giegue's profile, his Mind Manipulation "passively controls those with immoral or evil hearts or minds".

/!\ SPOILERS /!\

The Masked Man never had an evil heart. He was an injured boy who was taken in, reconstructed, manipulated, and controlled by Pokey/Porkey, who used him for his mission to reset the Universe after awakening the Dark Dragon.

Might make myself a Mother series supporter... Earthbound's my favorite SNES RPG.

Back