• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Monitor and the Monitors

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
What is the difference between the original Monitor from crisis on infinite earths and the Monitors? I know Dax Novu was the first of the Monitors but is he a descendant of the original Monitor? Also, why the Monitor is weaker than the Monitors and Mandrakk? I thought after the event of crisis on infinite earths and the restoration of the multiverse the original Monitor decided that he cannot overwatch the multiverse alone anymore and he break himself apart to give birth to the Monitors race. But it is not the case...

It seems to be an inconsistency between different writers.

Okay thanks. Why the original Monitor from crisis on infinite earths is weaker than the Monitors and Mandrakk? Should he be equal to them?

At that point the only thing that had been established was that he destroyed an infinite number of universes. Not any higher-dimensional infinities.

JUSTL 22 1
JUSTL 22 5
A bit off topic but there is a sixth dimension but i think it's not a 6D realm. The multiverse was created in the sixth dimension, the highest plane of existance. It was Perpetua's hand that created the muliverse. The brother three are the first beings in the first multiverse. So, Mr Mxy wasn't lying about the sixth dimension.

Maybe the sixth dimension is 1-B since it is beyond the monitor sphere and the source wall. The brother three and perpetua can be 1-B.

I don't know. Maybe. We need more input and information first. It seems unwise to rush things.

You are probably right. But these scans prove at least that mr mxy wasn't lying about the sixth dimension and it is indeed the highest plane of existence and the place that the multiverse was created.

Yes, I suppose so. It is possible that we have to scale Perpetua and her children from Mandrakk when this story is over.

It's a good idea since the sixth dimension is beyond the monitor sphere and the source wall.

Can y'all wait for a few weeks? Not only would we get more feats and context to base their tiers off, but I also won't have access to a pc for that time. Also, How does perpetua transcend the source wall when she was literally bound by it?

I don't think that she does transcend it.

The Source (Aspect of the Presence) is still the supreme being of DC. Perpetua and her kinds were meant to create multiverses in the greater omniverse and they work for the Source. The Source Wall was created by a cosmic raptor (Possibly another super celestial like her) to seal Perpetua. She has apparently also created the Dark Multiverse. Perpetua's army are able to fight the Monitor, the Anti-Monitor and the World Forger together. Barbatos was created by the World Forger to consume the unstable universes and the World Forger can apparently manipulate Barbatos like a toy until the his dragon kill him later and take his place. Perpetua fused the humans and the martians with their worlds to create a new specie of super beings.

RCO007 1555488574
RCO016 w 1555488574

The recent Justice League issue has shown us that the present Sixth Dimensional Multiverse was not the World Forger's first attempt at creating a multiverse in a justice formation. While in the Sixth Dimension, the World Forger made "countless universes" in his attempts, and repeated that he can make the new Multiverse descend from there, and transfer the life essences of everyone who has a place to the new Multiverse, after Mxyzptlk makes the old one vanish.

To answer the question regarding the Monitor and the Monitor race, I believe the answer lies with how it took the Monitor until the time period of Dark Nights: Metal to fully reform. It is likely that, until he could fully reform, Mar Novu created the Monitor race to continue his job of watching over the DC Multiverse.

As for the Sixth Dimension itself, I believe Elizio is correct. While it is named "the Sixth Dimension", it is not a "6D-realm". Morrison's Multiverse Map structured the DC Cosmology around String Theory, specifically Brane cosmology, each realm being on its own vibrational frequency:

https://www.dccomics.com/sites/default/files/Multiversity_Map_2400_53ee6b4c22d9a9.11031355.jpg

Absent from this map of the local Multiverse is the Fifth Dimension, and now the Sixth Dimension. One is "Imagination" and the energy that flows through the entire structure of the multiverse; the other is "beyond Imagination" where everything was set in motion in the first place. The Sphere of the Gods is a realm of Archetypal Powers, according to the map, and the Sphere and most of the Powers within would have first been created by Perpetua, as the Sphere existed in her original Multiverse (though it is possible other realms within it were shaped when the multiverse was remade properly).

Yeah indeed it's not because it is called "the sixth dimension" that it is really 6D. I remenber when many people were saying that the New Gods were 4D because their realm was called "fourth world" if i'm not wrong. I don't remember why people thought that. But in fact, the New Gods are beyond 4D it's probably the same case with the sixth dimension. Heck, in this realm, Perpetua is large enough to hold creation (the multiverse and the dark multiverse) in her hand.

I suppose that Elizio's version seems mostly fine, although I am doubtful of immeasurable speed and nigh-omniscient intellect. Catalyst's version is not well formatted, but some of the information might be integrated into Elizio's version.

I agree with you Antvasima but Alpheus exist beyond time. This is the reason why i added immeasurable speed.

Alpheus exist also beyond the fifth dimension which is beyond time too.

I took the time to fix up the formatting for my post after your observations. I left it as it was because it was just a draft, and it might be until well into next year before we get a concrete idea of where the new DC characters fit into everything.

Elizio33 said:
Alpheus exist also beyond the fifth dimension which is beyond time too.
So too would the Monitor and Anti-Monitor, but those two are currently ranked as Massively FTL +, and referencing back to them is how I filled in a number of details for Alphaeus until we know for certain where the three Monitors will stand.

So too would the Monitor and Anti-Monitor, but those two are currently ranked as Massively FTL +, and referencing back to them is how I filled in a number of details for Alphaeus until we know for certain where the three Monitors will stand.

Indeed. Alpheus and his brothers seems to be superior when they are in the sixth dimension and in this plane of existence, they are on a similar size as Perpetua who is large enough to hold creation in her hand.

Well, when interacting with other characters they are definitely not immeasurable in terms of speed.

I don't even know where to start here, why are we quick on making drafts when the comic hasn't even ended yet?

Good point. I also think that we should wait for 6 months or so.

Back