• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The necessity of Neutral/Opponents on a Verse page?

Thank you very much for helping out. 🙏
Are there any other content moderators or administrators that you think are sufficiently highly experienced, meticulous, hardworking, and responsible to be able to properly handle a Bot account?
So about this...

Okay. No problem. Thank you for your reply. 🙏

@Dereck03 @Just_a_Random_Butler

Are there any other content moderators or administrators that you think are sufficiently highly experienced, meticulous, hardworking, and responsible to be able to properly handle a Bot account?
Wait, is this like needed immediately? I don't have anyone in mind currently, but I think I can try looking for one.

Thank you. That would be very appreciated. It has to be people who are highly experienced and helpful regarding wiki content moderation. 🙏

Well, we have to handle the Gfycat links revision first, and we also have the Discord links revision to handle, as well as an upcoming requirement from Fandom to clean up a list of our around 2000 dead links in our wiki in order to receive prioritised search engine optimisation.

I think that my most recent view regarding thiss topic is to just merge all of the "Supporters", "Neutral", and "Opponents" sections into a single "Knowledgeable Members" section, or at least the first two sections, and remove the listed members who are inactive in our forum at the same time, but I would appreciate further input from @Promestein and other very sensible members.

How so? Why is the current one insufficient for this purpose?

I think that my most recent view regarding thiss topic is to just merge all of the "Supporters", "Neutral", and "Opponents" sections into a single "Knowledgeable Members" section, or at least the first two sections, and remove the listed members who are inactive in our forum at the same time.
That would effectively mean removing the Knowledgeable Members (Verses) page, as LordTracer implied, as the page would become redundant with your proposal.

And AFAIK, the first option is currently considered more feasible.

We are making it complicated for no significant reason: (here are three options)
  1. We can remove the entire section (which leaves the VKM at hand)
  2. Alternatively, we can convert it to VKM which would still require removing the original page.
  3. Lastly, we can choose to keep it as it is. There have been no complaints for years, and while it may seem arbitrary, there is no evidence to suggest that it is misleading in any way.
VKM - Verse knowledgeable members

Last edited:
Definitely in favor of Option 2. Better to put the knowledgeable members on their individual verse pages as opposed to one giant amalgamation page that’s out of the way.

Aye. 2 seems best if we must undergo this change.

Staff Vote tally

Those are three options at hand
  2. Alternatively, we can convert it to VKM which would still require removing the original page.
  3. Lastly, we can choose to keep it as it is. There have been no complaints for years, and while it may seem arbitrary, there is no evidence to suggest that it is misleading in any way.

Option 1
  • None
Option 2
Option 3
  • None

Last edited:
If you're going to keep a running tally, I'd bold Tracer and I, as well as any other evaluating staff, just so's it's easier to pick out the actual current number. I don't think this will be a controversial decision after three pages of discussion, but it's best to make it easier in case it does become a problem.

That would effectively mean removing the Knowledgeable Members (Verses) page, as LordTracer implied, as the page would become redundant with your proposal.

And AFAIK, the first option is currently considered more feasible.
Well, we first need to merge all of the information in our knowledgeable members list for verses into our verse pages in that case. Basically, we would add to the existing lists rather than entirely replace them.

Well, we first need to merge all of the information in our knowledgeable members list for verses into our verse pages in that case. Basically, we would add to the existing lists rather than entirely replace them.
The first sentence is confusing to me at first glance.

Converting the Supporters/Opponents/Neutral section to Knowledgeable Members means you just basically replace it by copy-pasting the names from the VKM page into the verse page. Should be pretty easy.

Well, I was thinking of merging together the listed usernames in each corresponding verse page and knowledgeable members list section in order to avoid not knowing which members to contact for helping out in content revision threads for most of our verses.

Well, I was thinking of merging together the listed usernames in each corresponding verse page and knowledgeable members list section in order to avoid not knowing which members to contact for helping out in content revision threads for most of our verses.
Hmmmmmmmm, can you show me an example of what this would look like?

Hmmmmmmmm, can you show me an example of what this would look like?
To simplify; he meant to add all usernames from the knowledgeable members (verses) page to the section with other existing names

In math:
Names from KMV + existing names in the section (Supporters/Opponents/Neutral) = Knowledgeable members in said verse

Still prefer option 3; because I still see no need to fix something that isn't broken. But otherwise option 2 wouldn't hurt too much. But not every single verse I added myself as supporter or opponent are verses I consider myself fully "Knowledgeable" on. But that would be accounted for later if Option 2 is decided.

Staff Vote tally

Those are three options at hand

Option 1
  • None
Option 2
Option 3

Also, ; we do actually require if possibly the entire staff team and specially content moderators attention; this one is a wide revision that effects each verse profile in the wiki which are currently 1,522.

@KLOL506 Would you like doing that?

I will keep updating the staff vote tally list every time

Hmmmm, I'll see what I can do, no promises tho. Whaddya need done?
Simply voting (Mass-ping); this thread will affect more than 1500 pages, so it still feels that everyone should at least voice their opinion (at least from staff team).

Do you need thread mods and admins as well? Some of them are already active here, I don't wanna double tag.

Do you need thread mods and admins as well? Some of them are already active here, I don't wanna double tag.
Well; butler's opinion is important. I think content moderator should have right to vote as well (since largely this is one of their daily duty)

Back