• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The new Changeling prince versus the deposed former queen

Idk what you mean by that. None of the team is remotely fast enough to do anything before the villains can cast their magic.

Whatever the case may be, the fact that the writers thought they could be a worthwhile nuisance despite all evidence pointing to the contrary, it clearly shows that they have no clue how to properly scale the characters. Plot induced stupidity doesn't change the fact that the writers thought that a bunch of fodder and mid tiers could even so much as distract the trio and still shows that they have no clue how to handle powerscaling within the verse.

Tirek needed damn near an entire nations of ponies of varying strength just to hold a candle to Celestia. There's no way in hell a smaller group that clearly isn't even worth a town of people; let alone the entire country, is doing jack to distract them. And that's even taking account species from the other nations.

I still think the wonderbolts are god tiers in terms of speed. And it's a very common thing in shows, including mlp, for much weaker characters to be able to distract strong characters. Also I meant the writers forgot about that ability of Tirek's.

God Tier speed to any of the mid tiers maybe. Doesn't mean a damned thing to the top tiers. And that means those shows don't know how to powerscale either. Pre-evolved Changelings somehow doing better than fully evolved Changelings against a Maulfwurf is just another example of plot-induced stupidity. I'm not sure why we're taking starving Changeling's doing better than permanently fully fed Changelings seriously.

Right. They totally forgot he had telekinesis, that's why Tirek was using a non-telekinetic ability to throw those rocks at Twilight mere minutes before.

Lightbuster30 said:
God Tier speed to any of the mid tiers maybe. Doesn't mean a damned thing to the top tiers. And that means those shows don't know how to powerscale either. Pre-evolved Changelings somehow doing better than fully evolved Changelings against a Maulfwurf is just another example of plot-induced stupidity. I'm not sure why we're taking starving Changeling's doing better than permanently fully fed Changelings seriously.
Right. They totally forgot he had telekinesis, that's why Tirek was using a non-telekinetic ability to throw those rocks at Twilight mere minutes before.
I meant in general. Or maybe cause they got weaker from not practicing, which counteracted the boost they got from being full.

Maybe because they were all going in different directions in unpredictable ways, he couldn't grab them all.

Uh uh, right. So, I've forgotten just about half the arguments made here, and somehow this thread made it back to the top of the thread lists depsite no one commenting.

So to reiterate what little I actually do: Thorax's love is > Chrysalis, and he gains power from it. No one gives a damn if Changelings didn't fare as well against the Maulwurf in their evolved forms because there's no reason for them to fare worse against the Maulfurf than they did in the past, back when they were starving due to a lack of the very energy source they feed on. In other words, trying to argue their past selves faring better = love and transformations doesn't actually make them stronger, is pure bullshit and contradicts so damn much. You can't argue Thorax didn't display extra strength because he never had the chance to show it. We've never seen him in a one to one match, and him being afraid of a Starlight Glimmer tier monster is entirely justifiable. All we know is the dude is stronger than Chrysalis by an unknown quantity. Meanwhile Starlight is dead even with someone who can pseudo-casually take her out, and right below Sombra. He's stronger than Chrysalis, but weaker than Starlight, who can't dent the Maulwurf.

I still feel like them training more before transforming is a logical explanation, but at this point, I don't really care.

Back