• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Nightmare Before CRT-Mas

I agree with the canonicity. Didn't have time to look at the rest but just want to say it's nice seeing this kind of crt with these verses.

This verse getting a revival has been sitting in the back of my head for some time, I'm just glad I'm getting around to it.
TBH I got to it first with my reworks, but you did the digging I just couldn't find for canonicity of games and whatnot

I agree with Flashlight on the canonicity and the P&A look good.
Abou thee leeches acid, I'd say limited because it seems Jack can do that only when stepping on one of those puddles.

Two keys are fine.

Abou thee leeches acid, I'd say limited because it seems Jack can do that only when stepping on one of those puddles.
I personally lean towards it being regen since there isn't anything especially "magic" about the acid. As far as we know, it's just acid and Jack melting down is his body's natural response to it. He just needs a means to be melted down in order to traverse certain sections of a level which I wouldn't imagine he would have access to otherwise in this context. It's not shapeshifting since if that were the case, Jack would not have any problems moving through the level on his own. The special ability here comes from his power to still be able to function as a puddle and come back from it on his own. However, he is not able to do the same in reverse.

Last edited:
I personally lean towards it being regen since there isn't anything especially "magic" about the acid. As far as we know, it's just acid and Jack melting down is his body's natural response to it. He just needs a means to be melted down in order to traverse certain sections of a level which I wouldn't imagine he would have access to otherwise in this context. It's not shapeshifting since if that were the case, Jack would not have any problems moving through the level on his own. The special ability here comes from his power to still be able to function as a puddle and come back from it on his own. However, he is not able to do the same in reverse.
Can Jack reform himself whenever he wants or only while standing on a puddle?
Anyway, I'd rather call it Body Control and limited Resistance to Acid, because it seems limited to just that.

Can Jack reform himself whenever he wants or only while standing on a puddle?
Anyway, I'd rather call it Body Control and limited Resistance to Acid, because it seems limited to just that.
Well, there are no other circumstances when this ability would be needed. Jack prefers to reattach limbs when they fall off (on his own accord), and after melting into a puddle of acid, he would need to reform himself, as he wouldn't with any other circumstance in the game. When Jack is presented with the opportunity, he doesn't seem afraid or hesitant to try the acid baths, he seems to think of it as fun and casual, like this is just a normal thing for him, and it's something he knows he can survive.

Eh, I guess I can concede on this. Just want to get this upgrade out of the way. 48 hour limit passed a long time ago.

Back