• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Planeswalker (Magic: The Gathering) vs Nobody (BlazBlue) - 5th Strongest Low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
It means that her passive is always with her just like durability and resistance, the latter is impossible to outspeed
Until you prove her passives can effect someone in a timeframe less than zero than what you said is a NFL.

Anyway yes he reacts to her very existence effecting him before it effects him cause fiction breaks logic.

You guys haven't explained how potent the planeswalker's haxes are btw, would you mind elaborating because given where he scales to and the recent revisions I severely doubt they go past tier 2.

I mean, is there any proof of 5D in MtG being a thing in the 1st place, given that all the updated profiles cap to 2-A, as Tier 1 has been rejected twice lol.

Because if no, Nobody just doesn't care about his resistances anyways.

I mean, is there any proof of 5D in MtG being a thing in the 1st place, given that all the updated profiles cap to 2-A, as Tier 1 has been rejected twice lol.

The planeswalker upscales from beings that scales leagues above an infinite multiverse, with many universes having smaller component universes (Such as the shard planes like grixis), and then there's also the grey eternities, a transcendent dimension above and transcending the universes working as a divider between them)

I'm not too knowledgeable on it's exact scaling as I played it for the game and not to power scale illustrations and flavor text

The planeswalker upscales from beings that scales leagues above an infinite multiverse, with many universes having smaller component universes (Such as the shard planes like grixis), and then there's also the grey eternities, a transcendent dimension above and transcending the universes working as a divider between them)

I'm not too knowledgeable on it's exact scaling as I played it for the game and not to power scale illustrations and flavor text
Read the threads. None of that is Tier 1. Is just a bigger 2-A, and the "higher infinity" thing was taken out of context as was referring to planes being bigger than the infinite multiverse as they can contain it, not literally being an higher aleph or something.

Read the threads. None of that is Tier 1. Is just a bigger 2-A, and the "higher infinity" thing was taken out of context as was referring to planes being bigger than the infinite multiverse as they can contain it, not literally being an higher aleph or something.
this is exactly why I don't like dealing with anything above tier 2

He hit's her with something she doesn't resist and that's GG. Both you and Glassman are acting like she's going to get a chance to do anything or even use her abilities and passives.

He hit's her with something she doesn't resist and that's GG. Both you and Glassman are acting like she's going to get a chance to do anything or even use her abilities and passives.
Passives are assumed to be faster than the user, as they're not actions to begin with. Doing nothing > Doing actions after all.

Considering both characters are baseline infinite speed here (so I don't see the point in speed equalization), as pointed in this thread, passives without feats of affecting infinite speed characters, they don't work.

HOWEVER, given both characters are baseline infinite speed, I just say this.

Nobody's Passives >>>> Nobody's Combat speed = Planeswalker's Combat speed.

That's it.

Until you prove her passives can effect someone in a timeframe less than zero than what you said is a NFL.

Anyway yes he reacts to her very existence effecting him before it effects him cause fiction breaks logic.
Her abilities are always on all the time, they're active under no specific circumstances so taking speed into account is more than irrelevant since again, they have no speed instead of infinite speed.

Her abilities are always on all the time, they're active under no specific circumstances so taking speed into account is more than irrelevant since again, they have no speed instead of infinite speed.
You know what it's easier for me to just ask this. What are her passives?

Good read.
Perfect, let me tell you how this is going to go.

Nobody Exists = Phenomena Intervention on Planeswalker (Zero-Time) < Planeswalker Reacts (Faster than Zero-Time)

As long as her Phenomena takes Zero-Time the Planeswalker will react to it, because that's what his passive does. He could even react to an Instant (Zero-Time) < Instant < Instant < Instant < Instant --> Ad Infinium if it came down to it.

Unless Nobody pulls out Immeasurable Speed (Which Blazblue Characters no longer have) there is no situation where her passives or abilities affect the Planeswalker before he reacts to them.

Passive ability is equal to infinite speed only if said passive is activated under specific circumstances (like when the enemies are near, the abilities passively kick in), but here they're active all the time and always tied with her existence just like durability and resistance, so there is no moment in time that they are off.

Instants in MTG occur as Instant Speed (Baseline Infinite Speed), with Leyline of Anticipation you can react to Instants before their effects happen with any spell. Boom done.
Leyline of anticipation actually makes everything an instant that you do, it's I think in verse precog mostly, but, however, a more valid argument is that Instants upscale from already infinite speed, and can react to each other, most notably, in the instant of counter spells, which can stop a spell from taking effect, or reverse a creature's existance, even ones with flash, which essentially turns them into instants

AKA I TAP TWO: NEGATE

these instants are even able to be faster than planeswalker cards, one of which has infinite speed by appearing across an infinite universe at the same time by speed

@ActuallySpaceMan ok so his abilities aren't tier 1 to begin with, meaning he's ****** the moment the fight begins. No amount of running is going to let him escape passives that affect entire realities. are you going to list any abilities that she somehow doesn't resist because practically every single ability that he has is completely resisted by Nobody.

@ActuallySpaceMan ok so his abilities aren't tier 1 to begin with, meaning he's ****** the moment the fight begins. No amount of running is going to let him escape passives that affect entire realities. are you going to list any abilities that she somehow doesn't resist because practically every single ability that he has is completely resisted by Nobody.
Sleep Manip, Plot Manip, or Duplicating her 50 times into loyal creatures who will protect him.

Oh, and banning her or her abilities from the match from beyond the fourth wall.

I swear this whole thread has been me explaining the concept that Nobody gets Plot Manipped, Sleep Manipped, and has to fight 50 Twins of herself.

Last edited:

I've legit brought up plot manip several times

Duplicating won't work on her she resists that, She literally has type 3 self sustenance, making her resistant to sleep manipulation. So all you have is just plot hax, and that's assuming he'd start right away with this move and not get passived to oblivion. Nobody stands there and haxes Planeswalker across all of reality and gets ****** in the process.

Duplicating won't work on her she resists that, She literally has type 3 self sustenance, making her resistant to sleep manipulation. So all you have is just plot hax, and that's assuming he'd start right away with this move and not get passived to oblivion. Nobody stands there and haxes Planeswalker across all of reality and gets ****** in the process.
Also banning her abilities from beyond the fourth wall is a thing

What does "beyond the fourth wall" remotely mean here? Because this means nothing to someone who resists higher dimensional hax.

Also, scans that he can get out of passives that affect all of reality please, because you don't remotely prove that whatsoever.

What does "beyond the fourth wall" remotely mean here? Because this means nothing to someone who resists higher dimensional hax.
Look at me I'm the DCI allows them to ban abilities from outside the game, legit going through real life and banning an ability
Also, scans that he can get out of passives that affect all of reality please, because you don't remotely prove that whatsoever.
Scan's don't exist for what's essentially a collection of an entire card game spanning 30 years rolled into one, using one of the only characters that doesn't have any canon abilities, I was even surprised to see them here as technically the planeswalker is the person playing the game

Look at me I'm the DCI allows them to ban abilities from outside the game, legit going through real life and banning an ability

Scan's don't exist for what's essentially a collection of an entire card game spanning 30 years, using one of the only characters that doesn't have any abilities, I was even surprised to see them here as technically the planeswalker is the person plying the game
That is the single most NLFy thing I've ever heard.

That's still a NLF, especially when you're trying to argue it works against someone with higher dimensional stuff, at best this is only a higher D removal, which means jack shit as all of Nobody's abilities and resistances are 5-D.

Also you lack any scans for this, meaning there's no proof to back up your claim it dodges passives that affect all of reality, so Planeswalker will get hit by PI before he can think of doing anything.

That's still a NLF, especially when you're trying to argue it works against someone with higher dimensional stuff, at best this is only a higher D removal, which means jack shit as all of Nobody's abilities and resistances are 5-D.
this argument legitametly makes no sense, it's an ability that works specifically through breaking the fourth wall to have a real life effect of "No you can't play this card anymore, as it's now banned"

This is going beyond many effects in magic that restrict cards being cast with the same name, exiling them all from the deck (Essentially EE), or trapping effects under cards, this is the only card that has "This card you got? it's banned from play now", there's no in verse phenomenon, it's just banned, and even then, Nobody can't win without dealing with angel's grace that literally makes it so the planeswalker cannot lose, and the opponent cannot win (though it has to be constantly spammed to do so, and is very much circumventable)

also, can I get scans of her passively negating people's resistances and passively attacking them? as that's what it seems you guys have been arguing already

this argument legitametly makes no sense, it's an ability that works specifically through breaking the fourth wall to have a real life effect of "No you can't play this card anymore, as it's now banned"

This is going beyond many effects in magic that restrict cards being cast with the same name, exiling them all from the deck (Essentially EE), or trapping effects under cards, this is the only card that has "This card you got? it's banned from play now", there's no in verse phenomenon, it's just banned, and even then, Nobody can't win without dealing with angel's grace that literally makes it so the planeswalker cannot lost, and the opponent cannot win (though it has to be constantly spammed to do so, and is very much circumventable)
It's still NLF. Unless you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt this works on 5-D resistances then it is resisted. No "but it's from IRL stuff!" Cause at that point your arguing it can deal with 1-A hax from other verses, which is NLF.

"Xeno Goku can destroy the real world" moment.

It's still NLF. Unless you can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt this works on 5-D resistances then it is resisted. No "but it's from IRL stuff!" Cause at that point your arguing it can deal with 1-A hax from other verses, which is NLF.
I fail to understand how it wouldn't work, real life > fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back