• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Planeswalker (Magic: The Gathering) vs Nobody (BlazBlue) - 5th Strongest Low 2-C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen honestly none of this really matters. The Planeswalker hit's her with Plot Manip or Sleep Manip and its over. Her passives are Baseline Infinite Speed and the Planeswalker Infinitely above that in reaction and attack speed.

This is becoming a repeat of glassman continuously trying to find a way Nobody doesn't lose this matchup.

Also considering DCI can ban Ur-Dragon from a match (6D) then yes The Planeswalker would be able to ban Nobody in her entirety.

@The_Legendary_Vin Yeah having a "real life effect" means nothing here beyond just one dimension higher, and that's being generous as ****.

Ah so it's EE, too bad Nobody resists that.

Literally right here, it's a major plot point as to why she can't be in any reality anymore cause her mere existence will **** everything up.

@ActuallySpaceMan And where's the proof they start with plot hax over literally everything else in the arsenal? Also nice job ignoring my point that she resists sleep manipulation with her type 3 SS.

Ah yes, the Ur Dragon, the guy who's page is so outdated that his higher than Low 1-C rating has him scale to characters who got downgraded to 2-A. For a person claiming I'm trying to find a way Nobody doesn't lose you sure do that same thing by bringing up outdated ratings.

And where's the proof they start with plot hax over literally everything else in the arsenal?
wow. you really didn't pay attention to anything that we've been saying, have you?

Scan's don't exist for what's essentially a collection of an entire card game spanning 30 years rolled into one, using one of the only characters that doesn't have any canon abilities, I was even surprised to see them here as technically the planeswalker is the person playing the game

@ActuallySpaceMan And where's the proof they start with plot hax over literally everything else in the arsenal? Also nice job ignoring my point that she resists sleep manipulation with her type 3 SS.

Ah yes, the Ur Dragon, the guy who's page is so outdated that his higher than Low 1-C rating has him scale to characters who got downgraded to 2-A. For a person claiming I'm trying to find a way Nobody doesn't lose you sure do that same thing by bringing up outdated ratings.
They have all the time in the world to go through abilities. It seems you misunderstand the fact Nobody will NEVER get a Turn. This isn't going to be a back and forth, it's going to be the Planeswalker taking his time cycling through abilities until one works.
Also, speed is equalized so arguments about speed are negged at best
It's not based on speed it's based on his passive enchantment, so it still works as normal.

That is true, but the leylines would still let you react before their actually destroyed, the target doesn't have to be you.
it's why I consider instants as a form of precog potent enough to bypass speed, you can have knowledge of what's about to happen, or what's already happening, and cast a spell before it happens, I assume this is based on precog abilities in advance usually, except counterspells throw this out of wack

@The_Legendary_Vin
This is going beyond many effects in magic that restrict cards being cast with the same name, exiling them all from the deck (Essentially EE)
Yes you did

Wow, so you have literally no proof at all that Planeswalker would start with plot hax, meaning he's ******, GG.

@ActuallySpaceMan based on what? Because none of you guys have given me a single ability that he has that would remotely work on her right at the start of the fight that isn't plot hax, and that's assuming he'd even use the plot hax in the first place. And you're right, this isn't going to be a back and forth, because Nobody's passives stops him from doing anything whatsoever.

Either way, I've casted my vote to Nobody already, if this is all you have for arguments on Planeswalker I'm not impressed.

@ActuallySpaceMan based on what? Because none of you guys have given me a single ability that he has that would remotely work on her right at the start of the fight that isn't plot hax, and that's assuming he'd even use the plot hax in the first place. And you're right, this isn't going to be a back and forth, because Nobody's passives stops him from doing anything whatsoever.

Either way, I've casted my vote to Nobody already, if this is all you have for arguments on Planeswalker I'm not impressed.
Your argument is invalid but ok the vote is noted.

After this going to need to make a whole new CRT just to focus on how Instants and Leyline of Anticipation work in MTG.

Personally don't get what part of being Infinitely faster that Baseline Infinity Speed is so hard to understand.

The fact that no amount of speed will outrun passives that affect all of reality no matter how far you go, so that's irrelevant to the topic.

on top of that, he's fricken Omniscient, they both fully know what each other do and are capable of, of course he's going to start with plot hax if it's one of his only wincons

If he has no confirmed opening move then we don't say he had a confirmed opening move! He has a wincon yes, but will he start with it most of the time? Apsolutely not.

Edit: also Omniscience only applies to your verse and such

If he has no confirmed opening move then we don't say he had a confirmed opening move! He has a wincon yes, but will he start with it most of the time? Apsolutely not.
The problem is he will eventually and that means he does.

Leyline of Anticipation allows him to react to any degree of Infinite Speed before the effect that is tagged alongside that Infinite Speed takes place.

So if her Passive would cause the Planeswalker to instantly die, despite him already being caught in the passive he would react faster than instant death and hit her with his entire reservoir of spells including Plot Manip.

that's literally nonsensical, remind me never to debate this high tiers because apparently basic logic doesn't apply

This is going beyond many effects in magic that restrict cards being cast with the same name, exiling them all from the deck (Essentially EE), or trapping effects under cards, this is the only card that has "This card you got? it's banned from play now", there's no in verse phenomenon, it's just banned, and even then, Nobody can't win without dealing with angel's grace that literally makes it so the planeswalker cannot lose, and the opponent cannot win (though it has to be constantly spammed to do so, and is very much circumventable)
please read the entire paragraph in order to make an argument around it instead of quoting an extremely out of context line

Three! Three posts! Ah ah ah!

No seriously don't multipost. I'm not going to argue if ya'll are gonna double team and multipost.

I'm also concerned about the The Planeswalker page in general. It is the canonical, in-universe representation of the Player, & IIRC, on our site, something being in "Real Life" only means the setting has a "Real Life" it involves, rather than meaning we assume the actual The Real World gets involved via the fiction's power.

Also, considering that cards like AWOL & Look At Me I'm the DCI are Silver Bordered, I'm a little concerned about their canonicity.
Although, I don't know of much officially stating that they're non-canon. Tournament illegal, yes, but non-canon, IDK. For example, this blogpost from 1 of the designers of MtG mentions them:

But that may be a little off-topic for this thread. Best saved for a CRT.

Also, I agree that multi-posting is to be discouraged. No offense meant, all.

Also, considering that cards like AWOL & Look At Me I'm the DCI are Silver Bordered, I'm a little concerned about their canonicity.
the set itself has nothing to do with the story, as does the planeswalker itself, in fact, it's argueable that the Planeswalker itself isn't even canon, as it's not referenced ANYWHERE iirc

Also, I'll hold off on multiposting in future, I was doing it to make it easier to respond to several other stuff that I missed

the set itself has nothing to do with the story, as does the planeswalker itself, in fact, it's argueable that the Planeswalker itself isn't even canon, as it's not referenced ANYWHERE iirc

Also, I'll hold off on multiposting in future, I was doing it to make it easier to respond to several other stuff that I missed
Then we delete its profile GG!

IIRC, they're referenced in manuals at least. "You are a Planeswalker" & such, but I don't recall clearly the indications of how the player is presented.

But yes, since the Planeswalker is the in-universe/"canonical" representation of the player playing Magic: The Gathering in The Real World, they should in theory, have access to just about anything represented by MtG cards, Silver Bordered cards included. Arguably.
hey so do you wanna know why was his profile deleted the last time
Call me stupid, but I do want to know why.
& if it's been recreated, I assume there's been good counterarguments for the profile's recreation. At the very least, I'd like to know what you understand them to be.

@The_Legendary_Vin then why are you constantly bringing up sleep and plot hax like it's his starting move that can beat the passives? You guys have not remotely explained how he gets to move first over passives that affect all of reality, meaning you're pulling massive NLFs here.

Also omniscience isn't something you can argue when it relies on him casting some spells for him to reach that level of intelligence. Not something you can argue against someone who's naturally omniscient.

@The_Legendary_Vin then why are you constantly bringing up sleep and plot hax like it's his starting move that can beat the passives? You guys have not remotely explained how he gets to move first over passives that affect all of reality, meaning you're pulling massive NLFs here.

Also omniscience isn't something you can argue when it relies on him casting some spells for him to reach that level of intelligence. Not something you can argue against someone who's naturally omniscient.
I never once brought up sleep, and I'm arguing against the passives as he uses DCI first chance he gets from leyline to ban an ability, then again, we're using a character without a canonicall starting move or personality, so he can't use his strongest hax and has to start doing something random

Also, can you explain how her passives passively fight for her in an offense manner?

Ok let me ask a simple question, how long does it take for Nobody's Passives to take effect.

Ok let me ask a simple question, how long does it take for Nobody's Passives to take effect.
Tbh, I want this argument to be over with, as I've invested too much time in it, so Imma turn on ya real quick, I already know that he's going to say something like instant and you explain that instants in magic happen before hand, but something that instants can't do is react to something that is already down on the board, meaning that, the passives can't be countered, and they can't be reacted to before they take effect, if this was a passive that could be toggled on or off, than an instant would work by saying basically "Hey before you do that, I tap two to negate it", but if it's not toggleable, then the passive comes into play essentially already in play at the very start of things, and would be impossible to react to before taking effect as it already took effect before the start of the fight

If the planeswalker used DCI right away, and then carried through with plot manip, then they would win, but that's the only way, out of the entire arsenal of hundreds of thousands of spells (Spamming infinite armies won't work as they'd be passively cockblocked)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back