• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The suicidal janitor fights someone as suicidal as him, Sad Larry vs Thunder McQueen

h said:
****, I would pay to see this match tbh, I feel like it would be a great comedy one shot
Inconclusive because they both try to kill themselves yet it goes to waste, they both turn into great friends after the 100th attempt of collective suicide
nah, larry's unluckiness wouldn't alow friends

CursedGentleman said:
Larry is so unlucky that Thunder isnt feeling suicidal anymore ovo
I mean, someone becoming happy to make him sad is a pretty standard thing for him.

@Weekly Dunno. Wonder what kind of KE we could get from swinging a ladder that reaches through solar systems.

Anybutt. Honestly, wouldn't Sad Larry win? His powers are specifically geared towards making sure he doesn't die, and the hax that go with that kinda makes him win. Maybe not kill the other guy, but definitely incapacitate (since his powers won't let Larry die). Since Larry wants to die in this fight, and his powers specifically make the other person happy, and McQueen would be happy dying, then McQueen dies as Larry watches, and Larry isn't even killed because Larry probably didn't even consciously do it.

Does that make sense or am I crazy

HtH would need to affect someone, and while larry isreally unlucky, it doesn't just null other powers. At most you can say that Mc becomes happy (so larry sees someone as suicidal as him becoming happy and feels more like shit) and self bfrs by going to enjoy life.

@Bambu I already calced it at high 6-A, we can't do KE of ftl stuff but the ladder would weigh almost the same as the entirety of earth's oceans

HtH affects people that attack him, I get that, this guy is a bit of a meme at this point. But Larry wouldn't be attacking him at all, he just causes shit to go down that makes McQueen die, i.e., happy, which makes Larry feel like shit because he can't do that.

Sad Larry's probablility manipulation make Thunder not want to die with him, so Thunder tries to kill Larry, but he gets a stroke and dies

and dou to not have wanted to die with Larry, HtH doesn't activate

Sad Larry become even sadder and wins

this would be the most pathetic victory... I like it.

But no bambu, HtH reflects all damage, no matter who does it.

Why would Thunder try to kill someone that he doesn't want to die with? If he didn't want to die with them then he wouldn't kill them. It's not like his probability makes it so that thinks that can't happen will happen. If he wants to be warm sticking his hand in a fire won't freeze him.

That is true, why would HtH attack Larry if not to get killed? Larry at most had people being assholes to him, not killing him (hell, the one killer completly ignored him).

DragonEmperor23 said:
Why would Thunder try to kill someone that he doesn't want to die with? If he didn't want to die with them then he wouldn't kill them. It's not like his probability makes it so that thinks that can't happen will happen. If he wants to be warm sticking his hand in a fire won't freeze him.
SBA

in-character, but willing to kill

Why? It never did that. In fact, it did the opposite, and if Thunder wanted to kill him HtH would still take effect

SBA is they are both actively trying to kill each other. That said, Larry will fail because he can't do anything he actually wants to, but he won't be allowed to die. So aside from Probability killing Thunder passively, Thunder would likely become incapacitated through some means that would make Larry even sadder (like, say, falling in love to the point out of his control (Empathic Manipulation)), meaning he is incapacitated. Larry takes my vote, I can see a way for him to actually defeat McQueen without being killed.

What Ricsi said. In a theoretical Spiderman vs Captain America, neither of the two would try to snap the other's neck because in character they wouldn't do that. In Character all Thunder wants to do is die with someone. If he finds someone he doesn't want to kill then he won't try to kill them. It would be pretty unlucky for Larry if someone knocked him out and didn't kill him.

What? SBA doesn't have them both trying to kill each other. That's the opposite of what SBA is. SBA says that they are in character and using their normal strategies but if they have to kill they will. Killing is a last resort unless the character is someone that would actively try to kill a random person they just met.

DragonEmperor23 said:
What? SBA doesn't have them both trying to kill each other. That's the opposite of what SBA is. SBA says that they are in character and using their normal strategies but if they have to kill they will. Killing is a last resort unless the character is someone that would actively try to kill a random person they just met.
I was answering overlord as to why it would take effect if Thunder died while trying to kill Larry.

I would still take it as Larry would win this fight, just because his abilities cause others to get what they want so long as it makes Larry sadder, which it would (seen when his friends' dad got better and his didn't, or when the killer killed the people in the hospital but not him, and so on).

People can die to make Larry jealous, and it isn't Larry doing it. Whether he likes it or not, I believe he'd win.

HtH still targets the person Thunder wants to kill, even if they aren't the one's attacking. But vote counted.

We've established that neither would probably want to kill the other. So... it wouldn't hit Larry.

I feel like Larry's abilities might actually make it so that McQueen stops being suicidal and become even more successful in life or something. Completely curing him of his suicidal tendencies. All while Larry is sad, so in a way this would be Larry's win... and loss?

Huh, at this point usually a win against McQueen would be surviving his death.

He doesn't need to want to kill him, just to want him to die with him, wich is in character for him to push onto strangers

@Core Guess that's also a possibility, technically the only stipulation for Larry's powers is it has to make his life considerably worse (from his point of view, meaning he can't die but he can be put into immense pain or something). But yeah, McQueen just getting fixed up and happy could happen with Larry's power.

I believe so, as it would incapacitate McQueen for this fight.

Back