• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Tank fights a Deathclaw (Left 4 Dead vs Fallout) (4-0-0)

Sans2345

He/Him

• Both are 9-B, anything above 9-B is restricted.
  • Speed is equalized, battle takes place in Fairfield.
  • SBA for everything else
Hulk Smash!: 5 (@AThe1412, @Jamesthetaker, @XxZetsuxX, @Mariogoods, @Peppersalt43)
Apyr: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
They're both pretty much equal in terms of AP, Durability, and LS. Voting the Tank for higher combat intelligence despite being a brute, infinite stamina, and the ability to engage the Deathclaw from a distance by throwing rocks which it can be surprisingly accurate with.

Last edited:
Just curious: Is the Tank's infinite stamina actually a thing in lore, or is it just a gameplay mechanic that "enemies don't tire"?

The Tank's extended melee range seemed to be based on its size. If so, then both should probably be relative in size since Deathclaw is slightly taller than most creatures in wasteland.

The rock throwing is cool, but Deathclaw is surprisingly agile despite its size. It can still tank the rocks, but you get my point, yeah?

Just curious: Is the Tank's infinite stamina actually a thing in lore, or is it just a gameplay mechanic that "enemies don't tire"?
Yes, it is a thing. Common Infected can continue to operate without needing any rest and Special Infected are superior to to them.
The Tank's extended melee range seemed to be based on its size. If so, then both should probably be relative in size since Deathclaw is slightly taller than most creatures in wasteland.
This point is fair. I agree.
The rock throwing is cool, but Deathclaw is surprisingly agile despite its size. It can still tank the rocks, but you get my point, yeah?
So it's smart enough to know that bullets kill, and? It doesn't seem freakishly acrobatic like a Hunter so I don't see why a big rock hurled from tens of meters away wouldn't be able to hit it despite being able to hit smaller and more agile targets such as the survivors. The tank itself is also no slouch in terms of agility, being able to climb up high places and jump several meters into the air.

So it's smart enough to know that bullets kill, and? It doesn't seem freakishly acrobatic like a Hunter so I don't see why a big rock hurled from tens of meters away wouldn't be able to hit it despite being able to hit smaller and more agile targets such as the survivors. The tank itself is also no slouch in terms of agility, being able to climb up high places and jump several meters into the air.
Yeah, the Deathclaw isn't going to dodge the rocks being hurled at it like Neo. I simply mention it as a possibility for the Deathclaw to avoid or tank it.

Let me try to find something for the Deathclaw to win: There are few instances across all games that claim that Deathclaw's claws are able to shred things with ease; this also extends to BoS armor. I suppose the claws could cause some serious damage to the tank.

Let me try to find something for the Deathclaw to win: There are few instances across all games that claim that Deathclaw's claws are able to shred things with ease; this also extends to BoS armor. I suppose the claws could cause some serious damage to the tank.
The claws will be useful against the Tank but that statement about Deathclaws being able to tear through Power Armor could be referring to the stronger instances (Based on the way it was worded, it doesn't sound like a common occurence), ones that would reach 9-A for example which would stomp the Tank. Here, however, we are dealing with a 9-B Deathclaw which the Power Armors are built to fight against and thus wouldn't get torn apart easily.

Just gonna point out that the deathclaw can also throw stuff like cars and kick up dirt to disorient foes so It’s not exactly stupid. It’s throws aren’t as accurate but I’d put the deathclaw above the tank in terms of combat intelligence. They are likely more advanced in terms of experience considering how dangerous the wasteland is.

Just gonna point out that the deathclaw can also throw stuff like cars and kick up dirt to disorient foes so It’s not exactly stupid. It’s throws aren’t as accurate but I’d put the deathclaw above the tank in terms of combat intelligence. They are likely more advanced in terms of experience considering how dangerous the wasteland is.
Tanks don't discriminate either. They fight both survivors and other infected on a daily basis.

The deathclaw usually fights things that can actually threaten it. The Tank seems to stomp everything in it’s way save for a few. I stand by my point about the deathclaw being more experienced in combat.

The deathclaw usually fights things that can actually threaten it. The Tank seems to stomp everything in it’s way save for a few. I stand by my point about the deathclaw being more experienced in combat.

Not sure if Versus is an accurate depiction of it but Tanks do fight each other and they can be surprisingly strategic.

I remember in Fallout 2 there were Deathclaws who were intelligent enough to talk to humans. Their intelligence is written Animalistic, but it is possible that they are smarter. If they were smarter, maybe the result would change.

Back