• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing vs SCP-173

QrowBarr

They/Them
VS Battles
Content Moderator
Unique match-up or something else?

• Fight takes place where SCP: CB takes place in.
  • Extended canon 173 is used
  • 173 has an hour of prep before the Thing arrives.
  • Speed is unequalized
  • Both are 50 meters away
  • The Thing has assimilated a domestic cat. However, it can increase in AP as soon as soon as it starts absorbing the unfortunate staff members.
  • Both are bloodlusted.
Battle theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH2FhZZscrQ&t

So... Fisrt off, I know what you meant by saying "at it's weakest", but technically the weakest state for the Thing is a single cell. Way below a cat.

Secondly, 173 has no win con here. Breaking the Thing's body in any form is worthless cause of it's Low-High regen. I mean after a while the Thing will just assimilate enough mass to crush 173 to powder.

Thirdly, you didn't actully specify what key you're useing for 173. I assume you're useing the Extended Canon, but anyone could just assume you're using The Koitern, which is frankly hilarious.

So unless there's something from the Extended Canon I don't know about that gives 173 the win, this is a stomp.

Based on the profile it sounds like it turns tech into acid but doesn't actually control it. I mean if you wanna count that as a win-con, then I'm still giving this to the Thing 9.999999/10.

Oh, didn't specify it. Yeah, I'm using extended canon.

Awwwww but I wanted the Koitern....

According to Weekly on this nightmare of a thread, the statue apparently passively generates the stuff everywhere. I don't understand why that isn't specified on the profile, apparently only Weekly knows it in the entire wiki

Yes, it DOES passively create excretement, but it'll need a lot of prep to create a copy though.

Oh, you're talking about that game, got it. Wow, is that still getting updates? Amazing. I'm still giving this to the Thing. Once it starts assimilating staff it basically has access to the whole site and likely wouldn't need to kill 173. It can just lock it down in it's chamber and that should count as an Incap right?

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
unless Weekly want's to come in here and defend the creepy statue.
Touch wood

So, 173 has a win-con, and I can safely vote for the Thing. Awesome. *nervous glances*

Crimson Azoth said:
ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
unless Weekly want's to come in here and defend the creepy statue.
Touch wood
So, 173 has a win-con, and I can safely vote for the Thing. Awesome. *nervous glances*
"So apparently 173 can alter the bloody sh-tty muck it conjures out of thin f-cking air to contain complex biochemical compounds capable of eating through carbon nanotube weave. It went down into the sluice, ripped through a foot of rotted concrete, dug through seven feet of soil, and came out in a minimum security portion of the facility, killing twelve people."

If 173 really wanted to, it could melt its way out of the containment chamber.

I do think that it needs to be specified somewhere on the profile. It is a common mistake that I see people making most times a 173 thread pops up. Hell, I know I've fallen for it a couple of times. And you must be sick of constantly reminding people

So, is anybody willing to unlock 173's profile? Also quick question, would the acid be enough to affect the Thing?

Steven Pogi Paitao said:
So, is anybody willing to unlock 173's profile? Also quick question, would the acid be enough to affect the Thing?
All the feats on the 173 9-B key are from tales and not the original file :(

No offense, but the way that it has been written makes it sound like 173 either:

-Literally straight craps acid

-Only can turn technology into acid

-Or some combination of the two

But... he can't make it apear under someone if he craps it. And doesn't that happen to stuff that isn't being observed as well?

Again, please give the direct qoutes for that, because the page doesn't imply that at all.

Specifically, what is the furthest distance it created acid from itself would be nice. Or when it ever used this in combat, or covered an entire human in it for the matter.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/re-the-statue

"Secondly, if you had been given access to the maintenance logs, you would be aware that two automatic cleaning systems have been installed, once in the late seventies, and once in the mid noughties. SCP-173's excretions blocked critical valves and electronics, with a surprising degree of efficiency. There was some discussion about whether the object could consciously direct the production of the blood and faeces that appears in its vicinity, and whether it was sapient enough to deliberately sabotage the cleaning systems. There was even some discussion regarding motivation- a popular theory after the last system failure was that the effluvia was a sort of lure, designed to bring prey to it."

"Well, you've likely read the incident reports by now, Director. The first set of drones was taken out a week ago; one had its vision momentarily obscured by some of that foul blood/faeces mixture dripping from the ceiling, one had a malfunction in its camera (again, blood and faeces in the circuitry), and the operator of the third blinked. A fraction of a second later, all three drones were out of commission."

Yeah, that firstly isn't the acid that melts through everything, and it is only used to lure and blind enemies nearby. By the time The Thing decides to go close it would have assimilated plenty humans.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yeah, that firstly isn't the acid that melts through everything, and it is only used to lure and blind enemies nearby. By the time The Thing decides to go close it would have assimilated plenty humans.
If you had read the quote I put above, you would know that 173 can make the stuff it excretes become acidic. It's the same substance.

I'll put it here again:

"So apparently 173 can alter the bloody sh-tty muck it conjures out of thin f-cking air to contain complex biochemical compounds capable of eating through carbon nanotube weave. It went down into the sluice, ripped through a foot of rotted concrete, dug through seven feet of soil, and came out in a minimum security portion of the facility, killing twelve people."

And? The acid it used to blind din't melt through it just like that, so there is no reason to assume it is the same.

And it doesn't cover every inch of the enemy with it either, so it doesn't really matter to the thing.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
And? The acid it used to blind din't melt through it just like that, so there is no reason to assume it is the same.
And it doesn't cover every inch of the enemy with it either, so it doesn't really matter to the thing.
"So apparently 173 can alter the bloody sh-tty muck it conjures out of thin f-cking air to contain complex biochemical compounds capable of eating through carbon nanotube weave."

It's the same substance, and 173 can choose to make it acidic or not.

And? It didn't use it to do that to enemies, and by the time it would get the idea plenty of the thing would be around, away from the acid.

And it doesn't cover the entire body, so using that from the start is not exactly enough either.

WeeklyBattles said:
It literally melted a bunch of people with its acid
Quote please. 173 hasn't been bloodlusted or given knowledge so it's safe to assume it's business as usual for 173 while the Thing will be assimilating staff that is well aware of 173's habbits and weaknesses. As it stands the Thing doesn't actually need to go anywhere near 173 in order to win.

Okay, I've changed the rules a bit so 173 has a chance of going up againt the Thing.

So, we have a site. The Thing is at one end, and a 173 that has presumably broken out with it's hour of prep at the other. A bunch of poor peeps are in the middle.

Is that all correct?

Back