• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Thing vs SCP-173

Alright, sweet. I still vote the Thing. Far more versatile, can use the staff in the facility to grow into a death monster, and the chances of 173's acid being able to completely overcome the Thing are... low

I just want to point out that unless 173s acid can destroy on a cellular level this map is a stomp because 173 can't do anything to the Thing

It can though. Fire. Acid. My grandmothers farts. All of those destroy on a cellular level, and the Thing hates

Yeah even with the updated rules I'm still voting Thing. It's very unlikely that 173 can kill it. Acid is the only win-con for 173 and it's very unlikley that the Thing is gonna just walk into an acid puddle.

Even assuming that it la di dahs directly into a racid pile of 173's crap, what is the chance that it will be completely dissolved by that puddle. Remember, every cell must die

Pretty sure 173 can create those muck in blindspots where even drones won't be able to detect it.

But it really doesn't play that tactical. It simply tries to blind something and then snap it's neck. Even i f it did blind stuff, it is absolutly ooc for it to not go for a neck-snap over acid.

@Risci Yeah but, wouldn't it learn that a neck-snap would be fruitless against the Thing after it tries it?

@Crimson Yes, as if the place itself consists of only corridors.

It didn't even try to acid 682. And it would get the thing all over the place by the time it notices it doesn't work, including it's hands.

They are standing 50 meters apart from each other. There is no single room in SCP:CB where you can get that that is not a corridor

@Risci That could probably be chalked up to the author not having the knowledge of the tale, but that's a different discussion.

@Crimson The ceilings then, it can create its muck at the ceilings remember? And besides, the rooms themselves are pretty dark, and it can blend it so the it wont be noticed. Yes, the Thing may notice it if it weren't paying attention to the creepy statue standing in the middle of the room/hallway.

Back