• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
About the forest feat. Did someone tank the explosion? It can reach 8-C results.

I remember the mask showing Geralt about some warriors fighting Ciri and Avallach, not sure if they survived

The feat wasn't an outlier, I just got the method wrong and prolly Bambu knows how to do it better than me but he's simply too busy ATM

The feat was arrow-swatting

My bad then, so the calc was actually wrong in some point, good, because I also agree that it shouldn't be outlier Hypersonic Witcher, and even more now that I know it was Arrow Swatting, which only scales to Combat and Reaction speed

"Countless" doesn't answer my question, besides those in Netflix and his lightning statements from the books, do we have something else ?

Keira using lightning, Djinns summoning lightning, Vilgefortz using lightning, Alzur using lightning (I think it's one of the most popular spells), that statement from The Last Wish, Fulmen sphaericus in Season of Storms (though it's lightning ball) and I think 1/2 of mages in Witcher can use lightning.

It depends. Alzur could send literal lightning bolts at others (pioru in polish, it means literally the one sent from the sky), and it's one of the most powerful spells.

Some spells might be Supersonic but some are for sure MHS.

He never did, I was just explaining that there are MHS feats in Witcher :v

Geralt was stated in the books to strike with the speed and strength of a lightning bolt. The word "piorun" was also used in original version so I really don't doubt it. This word is actually used in almost every case in Witcher when it comes to this magic.

Conjuring lightning isn't a 8-C feat but using it to attack is. Lightning can generate 1.6 billions Joules, a bit above baseline 8-C

MHS attack speed then, and since they are attacking with it, 8-C with this aswell

Now someone tanked this ? Because just like M3X said, tanking it is 8-C

According to the lightning feats page.

"The lightning doesn't discharge its entire energy in the human body. It will usually also heat up the air and pass on into the ground where its energy disperses. The amount of energy lightning produces in form of heat when flowing through is largely determined by the objects electrical resistance."

So, no. It isn't a 8-C feat

Also guys, why some people like Zoltan and Roche scale to 9-A and Dettlaff's speed ?

I don't remember them fighting 9-A Wild Hunt guys (Eredin, Caranthir and the other one)

Wild Hunt members can take several hits and parry them from Geralt and Lambert, Zoltan took down one in a cutscene with just his knife. Vernon also fought in Battle of Kaer Morhen and was helping Geralt in W2.

That doesn't make any sense, in games enemies can take attacks that would one shot them in terms of AP, it's just mechs

Take God of War, Devil May Cry, Bayonetta, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Final Fantasy, Castlevania and many more as example, if taking attacks from the protagonist is enough to scale, with would have Tier 2 fodders

Regular Wild Hunt characters scalling from feats like Dettlaff's speed and AP is just crazy

We scale fist-fighters to Geralt, and we had entire thread regarding that...

I don't think I should explain why Zoltan (who's a dwarf, dwarves are stated to be stronger and sturdier than humans, proof is him arm wrestling with Geralt in W2) and Vernon, who literally fought in Battle of Kaer Morhen against goddamned armored Wild Hunt members, are above the fist fighters and farmer lads.

Then you shouldn't, also, you're assuming that Geralt is using his full strength against street brawlers because ?

I'm not talking that they are not superhuman, humans in fiction can be a lot stronger than normal ones, my problem is scalling them to the 9-A, it doesn't make sense, they fight against regular Wild Hunt characters who doesn't scale to Dettlaff or Geralt at their full force. Tanking some hits isn't enough for a game verse

Zoltan scale to Geralt's Lifting Strength since they did that arm wrestle

So taking casual hits from now is not scaling?? Interesting, since I thought we scale 3/4 of wiki characters like that.

They are scaling below, still 9-A.

I mean, the Blood and Wine normal dudes literally took a lot of hits from the Golyat, not just one or two. So Geralt holding back is already out of the window. Also it's not like Geralt can't use his charged attacks on those enemies (Nilfgaard and other highly-trained soldiers are out of the question because they will literally kill you within seconds if you let your guard down for even one second).

Not to mention Dettlaff's feat is not even that much higher than Geralt's or the Golyat's.

Let's wait for all of it to be game mechanics, outliers or PIS when there are so many feats in the series like that.

How does one call unavoidable main mission boss fights game mechanics tho

Completely defeats the purpose of boss fights don't ya think. It's like saying all those fights only happened in your head.

And that's not how our game mechanics rules even work. Only works if it's something like health point BS or exploitable mechanics of the game engine, not the actual fundamentals of the game itself.

Those Blood and Wine normal dudes were stated to be unable to defeat Dettlaff even as an army, and by Geralt himself, the one who defeated Dettlaff in a close battle

Like I said, regular Wild Hunt characters scalling to Dettlaff and Serious Geralt doesn't make sense if taking some hits in gameplay is everything we have for them, again, just take a look at those many games verses and you'll see that it isn't enough

Since Geralt is going to be 8-C, we could scale them to that dude who was fighting Golyat, then they still 9-A while the Top Tiers are 8-C, it fits with the scalling since they are weaker but not by a huge margin

Dettlaff is basically immortal and dwarves those guards in terms of skill and speed and has other abilities going for him.

Also what Spooky said.

But the 9-A feat done by Dettlaff was super casual so it might not even matter if fodder are 9-A and Geralt and the other top tiers are 8-C.

>Books, not games. Just look at Geralt's fight against that Lamia alongside Nivellen and then his fight against the one in Toussaint, he wasn't able to defeat by himself back then, but he can in the games without much trouble

"So yeaaah"...

Games happen after the books so Geralt's already gotten better since then

Books are still canon to games, we have to deal with it.

It was stated Geralt still trains in spare time. Once he felt like he would feel excitation when fighting a Mantikora, but then it just becomes and obstactle.

Books are canon to the games so the events in the book do happen in the games, but the games aren't exactly the true canonical sequel to the books. They're more or less fanfic.

Yes and that's exactly why I showed that

Books Geralt is clearly weaker than Games Geralt, so randoms guys overpowering Geralt in books isn't an argument to scale them to his feats in games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back