• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thematic matchups that would be/are stomps

Bro is jealous of a gif pfp on Vsbattles 💀
my reaction to that information.
blue-lobster-618af4d323eb6.jpeg

Yūichi Katagiri vs Kiyotaka Ayanokouji
Fix5yeTWIAAuhXH

(I should probably remake this thumbnail since it looks shitty, I should have used a different render for Yuichi))
Ayanokouji can dent an elevator and move faster than sight, Yuichi is just peak human

Arale (Dragon Ball/Dr. Slump) vs Over -1 (Megaman):
Haxed AF androids created by Old AF Scientists.

Eida (Boruto) vs Hancock (One Piece):
Babes no one can punish because their Beautiful

Daemon (Boruto) vs Accelerator (Index):
Hax Reflectors

Izuru Kira (Bleach) vs Touta Konoe (Negima/Uq Holder):
Gravity Based Weapon Users

Raikage (Naruto) vs Negi Springfield (Negima):
Thunder Cloaked Humans

Danny Phantom (Danny Phantom) vs Gengar (Pokémon):
Ghost Phantoms

DIO (Jojo) vs Muzan Kibutsuji (Demon Slayer)
Human's turn Immortal Demons that were once defeated by G.O.A.T.S

Death of the Endless (DC Comics) vs Nyx (Persona)
Personifications of Death

Nico Robin (One Piece) vs Lucy (Elfen Lied)
101 Hand users

Light Yagami vs Yoshikage Kira
Cautious AF Killers

Just 10 Ideas of the top of my head

That in itself is also part of why I'm not too hyped for a Star Wars world in KHIV, thing is that it's difficult to make it stand out without feeling like a worse version of stuff that already happened in KH, but I guess unique Heartless and Reaction Commands can compensate or something.

Marcy Wu VS Wu Cheng'en (Wu Cheng'en and Journey to the West)
Marcy Wu can OHKO Wu Cheng'en by simply ramming into him. Their interaction potential is interesting as they are both fantasy-loving Wus.
(share many similar qualities/ideas. It’s not power but personality and other categories/qualities)

And I'll explain why the matchup qualify this.

First, they have solid connections:
The protagonists from television series in the 2010s who are of Asian decent and whose surname is Wu. They have two best friends and they are previously at the same education institution. (Anne and Sasha, Shen Kun and Li Chunfang, respectively) They have done actions which is perceived as emotionally harming their parents. They have been regarded as intelligent and they have taken great interest in fantasy works, which lead to them choosing life as a fantasy work creators, which is considered as abandoning examination-based "traditional" life. They have constantly kept paper wherever they go and would always connect something in "real world" to something in fictional world. They manage to make an invading army to retreat from the capital of a kingdom with their intelligence. They have been harmed by a powerful character from back (directly in Marcy's case, indirectly in Cheng'en's case) and later recovered by being put in healing liquid. At the final episode of their representative television series, there is a scene where they and their two female friends (Anne and Sasha, Ye Yun and Niu Yufeng, respectively) share a group hug above the sky.

While the connections are not perfectly solid, these connections are funny enough. Marcy Wu is considered as a fan-liked character, but this version of Wu Cheng'en is considered as a fan-disliked character. Actually, if you check real-life Wu Cheng'en's page in Wikipedia, you will find that real-life Wu Cheng'en has shared some similarity with Marcy Wu.

Second, the battle can easily start with Wu Cheng'en feels his Journey to the West draft is threatened and start to attack Marcy Wu, imagining that she is another demon in JTTW.

The reason why it is a stomp is because Wu Cheng'en is Human level speed and Street level AP/durability with lame combat skill.

Back