• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

This may be a mistake, but it's your fault because nobody answered to my question in Chat. (Fujino Asagami vs The Spy)

Would her clairvoyance let her see through invis

Even if not she could see when he uncloaks and attacks so she twists

Well, I tried to figure out the thing involving invisability but nobody responded (hence the title), and if Spy hits first using positioning, he can one shot.

Well considering how Fujio's clairvoyance works even if she couldn't see through the invis the instant the spy attacked no matter where from she would see him and twist

So I vote Fujino I guess

This is a stomp. Spy knowing the basic idea of how Eyes of Distortion works and the advantage of bringing all of his gear basically conclude this. In quesitions of strength, inteligence and skill, aside from speed, comparing Fujino with Spy is totally nonsense.

Also Fujino can only user her EOD to attack the Spy, all of other attacks would be useless. Remember he can one shot her easily if shes off-guard. Can use the Ambassador to do a headshot, trick she with the Dead Ringer, or desguising as one of her allies.

Her clairvoyance allows her to see even though solid objects at absurd distances and all around her

Even if we say she can't see through invis the spy uncloaks when he attacks so he would be twisted

She could also just do what she did on the bridge and twist everything in a massive aoe around her

As i said, the Spy can trick her using various methods. He can use the Dead Ringer on a attack, until she discovers that the spy is behind her and he is alive she is already dead. Getting the ability of seeing absurd distances or everything around her dont give you all the advantage on a opponent. Byakugan geniuses have a Nigh-Perfect vision, can see at kilometers of distances but can still be easily fooled and overpowered by others. Dont forget Spy is the third most inteligent character on his verse, only behind a 11 Phd Engineer and the Medic.

How does dead ringer help here. When the spy attacks the cloak drops so he dies tricking her doesn't help.

Again Fujino can just aoe twist the whole ship. Now that I think about it she should be able to see through invis anyway

Paul Frank said:
How does dead ringer help here. When the spy attacks the cloak drops so he dies tricking her doesn't help.
Simpe. How Fujino would know how the Dead Ringer works? If she kills the spy using the ringer, she would go offguard, and even celebrate the victory, giving the chance of Spy to kill her. The speed of the backstab is instantaneous as soon as the Spy pulls the knife, so there is no time for she to react. The Spy know how her eye works, so obvious he would appeal to the dead ringer or something more trustworthy.

Fujino doesn't celebrate killing or go off guard really.

If she kills the spy using the ringer even if she walks away the instant the spy goes to backstab he dies. It's not an infinite speed attack so no it's not instantaneous and speed is equal. Also again aoe twist is a thing

Paul Frank said:
Fujino doesn't celebrate killing or go off guard really.
If she kills the spy using the ringer even if she walks away the instant the spy goes to backstab he dies. It's not an infinite speed attack so no it's not instantaneous and speed is equal. Also again aoe twist is a thing
Celebrating or no celebrating dont change the case, also not going off guard is not even a thing, everyone can be distracted by something or someone. Killing the Spy in the Dead Ringer will lead her to believe that he is dead, and she has no more to worry about since she dont know about the clock or his secrets. If speed is equal, then your thing "the instant the spy goes to backstab he dies" is irrelevant. And yes, The backstab is a instant kill until the Spy has his knife ready.

No Fujino literally doesn't go off guard. She was on a walk in the academy while she was blind and she was still on guard. She was on guard when she first met Shiki and was having tea with Azaka. Even in a casual setting she doesn't really go off guard.

The backstab is an instant kill yes. The attack isn't instantaneous though which is what you said. Thinking is faster than movement speed so the spy goes for the backstab and Fujino twists before his knife touches her

Paul Frank said:
No Fujino literally doesn't go off guard. She was on a walk in the academy while she was blind and she was still on guard. She was on guard when she first met Shiki and was having tea with Azaka. Even in a casual setting she doesn't really go off guard.
The backstab is an instant kill yes. The attack isn't instantaneous though which is what you said. Thinking is faster than movement speed so the spy goes for the backstab and Fujino twists before his knife touches her
Being on guard while on this is totally normal, due to you not knowing the person or not knowing what will happen next. Same to the blind, everyone can be on guard while blinded, your brain prepare you for this since you cant see things anymore, so you would get more attention. Again and again, speed equalized. "Thinking is faster than movement speed" irrelevant, both will have the same type of attributes. Again, backstab is instantaneous as long as his knife is ready, i already said this to you. But this dont apply here, since both have speed equalized, but not for the backstab kill, which happens instantly.

The backstab is not instantaneous

An instantaneous attack has infinite speed.

The backstab takes time since he still has to move his arm as seen in game.

They have the same stats with speed equal yes but thought speed is still faster than movement speed so he dies.

Paul Frank said:
The backstab is not instantaneous
An instantaneous attack has infinite speed.

The backstab takes time since he still has to move his arm as seen in game.

They have the same stats with speed equal yes but thought speed is still faster than movement speed so he dies.
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Backstab.

I already explained this. Until his knife is ready.

"They have the same stats with speed equal yes but thought speed is still faster than movement speed so he dies." Irrelevant again. Speed equal is speed equal, no matter what speed is. And just saying "so he dies" without at least explaining the situation dont prove the point

Okay here is how speed equal works

Character a's movement speed is equal to character b's movement speed

Character a's reaction speed is equal to character b's reaction speed

Character a's thought speed is equal to character b's thought speed

Thought speed =/= movement speed

Even when his knife is ready he still brings it down to stab since thats kinda how stabbing works

Fujino thinks and the spy's hand twists off and then his head follows

While I don't usually thing it's good for OP's to give input due to bias and stuff, I do want to say Spy's probably ****** if he tries a stab, hence why I gave him his revolvers which can easily one-shot her, given AP advantage.

Anyway, that's all the rambling from me. I'll try only to count votes and bump from now on.

Spy can simply one shot Fujino at long distances using the Ambassador. He knowing how the eye works give him the all possibilities to win. Also Spy can take she in a brawl, and hit kill her easily if he somehow misses the backstab. He is in the level of the Scout and the Heavy, who can break a Bear skull in one swing of a bone and lift ones like 4x Bigger than him.

Back