• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 1 Review Thread 2

I won't argue about my character's tier because it could lead to a heated argument.

I just came here to check whether or not I've fulfilled the criteria, and if not, how I could fix it.

Well currently the description for its AP says "Created the innumerably/infinite-dimensional multiverse and realms such as the Alpha Symbiosis multiverse. Far superior to Dwellers like Mad Hatter, who's death threatened to reduce said multiverse into nothing". This description is for being able to create an infinite multiverse, which would indeed be 2-A.

2-A's Description is "Characters who are capable of affecting, creating and/or destroying a countably infinite number of spatio-temporally isolated universes."

If you want your character to be High 1-B or 1-A, your character needs to be able to destroy or create an infinite hyperverse or infinite infinite infinite infinite hyperverse? Idk man 1-A is a really confusing tier to me

"Is innumerably dimensional" is probably just regular 1-B.

Rating it as anything in tier 2 is using "multiverse" as our literal definition of it, when clearly this defines it as something else. You shouldn't be required to say "hyperverse."

CrimsonPyre said:
@LennyMogga Ummm, did you send the wrong link by any chance?
Yes sorry, changed the link and Originally Lawless Witch was supposed to be just a character for the jokes for JBW but i felt that the character i created was too serious and i already had some sort of metastory just waiting to be fleshed out

Please rewiew Huzur, specially his Infinite key and if something's wrong I can fix it

There are other tier 1 characters I mentioned above but I think if Huzur is valid everyone else is also valid because same hierarcy

Probably going to need a bit more Low 1-C justification, but that's not too big of a deal.

The 7th dimension is where universes that can have different laws of nature starts. He can take control of versions of himself that can use magic, a force that cannot exist in the current laws of nature, because he can affect these types of universes, it would be a 7D feat, so I put 1-C.

If he could only affect versions of himself in alternate timelines, it would be Low 1-C, as it would be a 5-6D feat, depending, most likely 5th as he can't affect different periods of time in those universes.

Why is that only 1-A and not High 1-A? The Conceptual Realm is inaccessible and transcendent over the Multiverse, and the Infinity Realm is again inaccessible and transcendent over the Conceptual Realm. Looking at the tiering system, the Conceptual Realm is 1-A, and the Infinity Realm is High 1-A.

What is the difference between "all possible extensions" and "inaccessible"? You can't get to the Infinity Realm by just messing around with the Conceptual Realm, like how you can't get to aleph-0 by just messing around with real numbers. You'll need a completely different level of power to get yourself into the Infinity Realm.

I take High 1-A being beyond all extensions in a story, being the very core reason entities are there in the first place. Or that's how I see it through my verse's cosmology, such as an author writing a book, the "author" is the reason such entities even exist at all.

The author should be Tier 0, because nothing that the author write, not even a Tier 0, can jump out of the book and destroy the author in Real Life. That's like going beyond the Final Barrier in my cosmology. According to the Tiering System page, High 1-A represents the inaccessible cardinal, which cannot be reached by simply stacking infinity upon infinity. And Tier 0 seems like the next inaccessible cardinal after that.

That's the thing with my cosmology, each "author" is nothing but a character written up by another author on a higher layer of reality entirely. Each "story" has an infinity-layered hierarchy and once you pass the end, you reach another reality with an entirely different infinite hierarchy, and it goes on and on infinitely, having these "realities" stack on top of each other in an infinite ladder with infinite sets of infinite hierarchies.

Then why doesn't going up one layer of reality get you to Tier 0? A Yog-Sothoth level Tier 0 on the lower layer is less than nothing compared to the higher layer.

With the change in the Tiering System, you don't need to be absolutely boundless and have no weaknesses whatsoever in order to be Tier 0. It's just that most fiction treat Tier 0's as absolutely boundless and have no weaknesses. Or we'd see weird situations where a 1-A in one fiction is stronger than a 0 in another.

If that was the case with my verse, then every character would technically (or rather have potential) be Tier 0, as anyone can become an author of a story.

Well... Should we change the tiering system (and AP and durability) to ignore reality-fiction differences, because a 10-C can be stronger than a 0 just because the 10-C is on a higher reality? (if this change is actually made in VS Battles Wiki, Azathoth, Amaranth, and the Writer will all get downgraded)

As stated in the system: a Tier 0 transcends a High 1-A like a High 1-A transcends a 1-A. I take this as High 1-A transcending an infinite hierarchy and a Tier 0 transcending infinite sets of infinity hierarchies, as such "authors" in my verse are High 1-A instead of 0, besides the character "The Author" who completely exists beyond this infinite ladder

And to answer your question: Yes, a 10-C can technically be stronger than a Tier 0. Because real people are tier 10-C to 9-C, and yet even Tier 0s cannot even touch them as they are "real". Real people see even Tier 0s as nothing but fiction

I take this as High 1-A representing the first inaccessible cardinal, the thing unreachable from stacking alephs. 0 represents the second inaccessible cardinal and above, the thing unreachable from stacking first inaccessible cardinals. And also, I see that "The Author" in your verse doesn't make sense. How can it be the creator of nonfiction, which is Real Life, when you, someone in Real Life, created it?

That's the mystery behind "The Author", what exactly is it? A being that holds all knowledge of all fiction and nonfiction. "The Author" doesn't bear an identity, it is an abstract force rather than a being, the force in why reality exists at all.

No matter what you want to do with "The Author", it can't be the creator of Real Life, because that is violating Reality - Fiction Interaction.

On a side note; this is not meant to be taken literally as the author of real-life. The idea behind this concept is the theory that real-life is nothing but a simulation run by a higher power, one that is beyond human comprehension

And that higher power is ran by an even higher power, and so on into infinity... But the true REAL LIFE is vastly transcendent over them all, and your "real life" is but a false copy of the true REAL LIFE. "The Author" can't break the Final Barrier, however video games had possibly bent it, by interfering with Real Life using a computer.

But what if the theory is true, and all "real-life" is, is nothing but mere fiction? I ask this, what is truly reality? What is real, and unreal? That's the core concept of the verse.

PS: It is constantly done by fictional characters to bear knowledge of real-life, this includes knowing real people, communities to even real-life events.

They either 1. Break the Fourth Wall (called Final Barrier in my cosmology) or 2. What they know is events that happened in another universe that just happen to also contain that event (the more likely explanation).

And there is no true reality. Reality is where you are now and everything above it, and fiction is everything below it.

PPS: Even if you say that The Author couldn't make real-life because I created them, there has been numberous cases in real-life people make-up "gods" whom they believe created everything, this is really no different in this case.

But again, The Author's role is not meant to be taken literally

The "authors" in my verse also have a nifty ability called "Immersion", which allows them to completely immerse themselves in the stories they have created, see, breathe, feel, complete immersive interaction. This is similar to Featherine in Umineko as she enters the story although she is the one that wrote the story of 'Umineko'.

Back