• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 revision: Changing Space Time Continuum Standards. (Never cook again.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
since a certain someone decided to tb me from a general discussion thread, i will now spread my cancer across the site. Rejoice.

So currently,spacetime continuums that are smaller than universal in size fail to meet the requirements for low-2C.
However, this line of reasoning fails to grasp on how spacetime continuums work, or at least how they work here.

Space-time continuums currently are tiered the way they are becuase they contain an uncountable infinite amount of snapshots of 3D space.
However, the size of the 3d space in this equation is completely irrelevant. anything * infinity is infinity, and likewise, anything * uncountable infinite is uncountable infinite.
All space-time continuums are literally the same size, if you really think about it.
The amount of space would have to be infinitesimal in order for it not to have the same output.

The logic used here is pretty simple.

Now how would the existing standard be changed? Pretty simple, just remove all mentions of a universal size requirement.

Characters or objects that are capable of significantly affecting,[1] creating, and/or destroying an area of space qualitatively larger than a 3-dimensional space. Common fictional examples of spaces representing such sizes are space-time continuums (the entire past, present and future of 3-dimensional space). However, it can be more generally fulfilled by any 4-dimensional space that is either:

I have now finished my TED talk

inb4 "Low quality CRT, this doesnt have 5 billion words"

While the logic is indeed correct, we are nowhere near ready to undertake such a massive revision. YET. We have still yet to finish the Tier 1 revisions. And this will have far and wide reaching consequences for not just Tier 2, but Tier 1 as well. Not to mention Tier 2 in and of itself will have to be revised in the near future, so rushing this now is a pretty bad idea.

I'd suggest we have this thread closed and wait for Ultima to make a better and more rugged thread that will tackle Tier 2 in the future.

While the logic is indeed correct, we are nowhere near ready to undertake such a massive revision. YET. We have still yet to finish the Tier 1 revisions. And this will have far and wide reaching consequences for not just Tier 2, but Tier 1 as well. Not to mention Tier 2 in and of itself will have to be revised in the near future, so rushing this now is a pretty bad idea.

I'd suggest we have this thread closed and wait for Ultima to make a better and more rugged thread that will tackle Tier 2 in the future.
😭, ill just ask ultima what he wants to do

I'm in agreement with KLOL while it is true even planet sized pocket dimensions should actually be a lot higher than planet level when you take it having it's own flow of time into account. I do not think we're ready tackle that anytime soon. We need to clean other side revisions off our plate.

Though on a side note, I have voiced that at bare minimum; if there is a large collection of pocket dimension smaller than 3-A sized on a 3-D scale, but the totality adds to equal 3-A size and greater + each one having its time flow. Then it all adds up to Low 2-C via simple addition. Likewise, if the totality doubles 3-A size, it's 2-C or if totality exceeds 1001 universes while still keeping the "Each dimension has its own timestream" it's 2-B. And an infinite amount of pocket dimensions that each contain timestream should easily be 2-A regardless of the 3D size of the dimensions.

But yeah, we should close this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back