• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 1-A vs. Tier 0 Poll

InfiniteBlack123 said:
Its a really badly made fictional universe whose sole purpose is to be OverPowered, the author created and published it in order to spite the online vs battle community.

The universe is considered a joke and thus is considered at the bottom of the fictional food chain.
Personally, I'd rank Suggsverse to be between High 1-B and 1-A.

Meleenium There is also a wiki based on it. The characters look like something you would expect to see in a wierd cheesy dating simulator

Dargoo Faust said:
You'd be surprised how many people go through the site regularly but aren't active or don't have an account.
I'd still consider votes from people who regular the site as valid.

Ultimatly the result doesn't change anything that's happening on the other thread.
I for one lurked on VS wiki for months before I actually made an account to posted my first profile, Sale . I know a lot of the people I talk to in the VS communities off of this site also keep tabs on the community and what their choice characters are rated on here

Many other places use out rating system and what we do could change theirs. And even IF socks were voting, who cares? In the end it doesn't really matter

There's actually some pretty popular youtubers who use our stats.

JustARobot, someone who I follow, made a Ben Ten tiering video that used the exact same stats we have here, the exact same hax listed, et cetera. I think he linked the site in the description.

ProtoDude did use OBD's tiering system back when he was still a YouTuber; and CrossoverX also uses a similar tiering system. In fact, even Cartoon Fight Club has referenced our tiering system quite a few times; even if his math is often flawed.

Then, that means that we are really trustable in tier matters. Since we discuss and try to understand what is new and some reworks, I see our wikia like something very valuable.

"Keep in mind True Infinity is being removed the definition of High Outerversal is getting altered regardless, however this is just for what we're naming it tier-wise."

That's why the cap should be High 1-A, the already known name for the High Outerversal tier. Now, one more thing, are we admitting the meaningless of the word "Omnipotence" in fiction and removing from Tier 0 characters who have that word or stuff like "can do anything" (which is basically a neat way of talking about reality warping), or is "Omnipotence" still a concept? If it's meaningless now, I believe it should be removed from all pages that contain it, and perhaps its own page (Omnipotence) should be edited or removed.

I'm honestly surprised at how many people have voted on this. I had forgotten how big VSBW truly is.

I feel this is rather unfair. You should of put the reason WHY people believe it should be high 1-A and not tier 0. Being that there are only 5 tier 0 pages and they are easyer to find making the revision itself fast and simple. That's why the idea was given when the topic originally came up.

Depends on how much time we had to vote. Like I said, I believe "High Outerversal" should be "High Outerversal" unless we change the name for Tier 0 to something that is neither True Infinity nor High Outerversal.

Bump. I don't want to bombard the thread with foolishness, just simple questions [ I haven't read the thread so this is purely from the question I have right now ] :

1. 1: How can you tell the difference between a really strong 1-A's ( Umineko Top-Tiers , Akuto Sai , Outer Gods ) and this supposed newer definition for High 1-A ? If we are really nitpicking, both could qualify for this new tier depend on how it is worded.
  1. 2: Will this newer tier for High 1-A be more "lenient" with the number of weaknesses & those who can have said tier per verse ?

Chartate101 said:
Adds legitimate point
StaFF mEmBErS OnLY

God I ******* hate "staff only" threads
I mean he used the term omnilock and tryed to define high 1-A as a level of power not a statis in cosmology......

@super Ya I understand that can be a problem even here it seems. I declared that on a downgrade attempt for the writer which had the reasoning of "if he didn't creat the overmonitor he's not omnipotent" the guy straight up did not believe me even when several staff members told him tier 0 is not omnipotent

Just show them this link https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2001522

So I hope the voting option worked for me because my browser is acting weird.

Anyway, I am voting for Tier 0 if only to prevent all the current High 1-A and Tier 0 character profiles entering the melting pot of the "Tier 1 Categorization" since it's already difficult to find a mere High 1-A on the website due to lack of extensive organizing to the point that I am surprised we even had a High 1-A besides Yog-Sothoth after we decided to downgrade Elder God Demonbane.

So I hope the voting option worked for me because my browser is acting weird.

Anyway, I am voting for Tier 0 if only to prevent all the current High 1-A and Tier 0 character profiles entering the melting pot of the "Tier 1 Categorization" since it's already difficult to find a mere High 1-A on the website due to lack of extensive organizing to the point that I am surprised we even had a High 1-A besides Yog-Sothoth after we decided to downgrade Elder God Demonbane.

Uh

I'm happy to see the discourse guys, but, er, this isn't a vote to keep the current definition of Tier 0, this is a vote to just name the new definition of High Outerversal.

True Infinity and what we would currently call "Tier 0" is going kaput no matter what happens here, as that's a debate for another thread.

I'm also sort of annoyed with Staff Only threads from time to time. That's why I urged people to voice opinions here. However imagine how hard it would be to organize and track a debate which, according to this poll, over 300 people have something to say in. Hardly anything would be accomplished.

So, I hope our staff, I know some of our staff for sure, will read through here and try to get what everyone has to say.

Dargoo Faust said:
Uh

I'm happy to see the discourse guys, but, er, this isn't a vote to keep the current definition of Tier 0, this is a vote to just name the new definition of High Outerversal.

True Infinity and what we would currently call "Tier 0" is going kaput no matter what happens here, as that's a debate for another thread.
Let the kids enjoy their discusdion.

PaChi2 said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Uh

Let the kids enjoy their discusdion.
^this

I want to thank you, Dargoo, for creating this thread, and letting us non-staff users be able to have a platform to speak about this issue.

Too often I find a "Staff Only" thread that I want to voice my opinion about, but with that S.O. slapped on it, I feel like a wall, a boundary, is set between me and the ongoing discussion. This makes me rather powerless for the changes of a site I visit somewhat often, and have much respect for, and at those moments it leaves me unsatisfied and... something else I can't really find the word for.

I understand that it can get messy if hundreds of people speak in the same thread, and that derailment is closer to a common occurence rather than a exception in those cases. But wouldn't it be better then to have two threads on an important issue, one for staff people and one for the rest, just like what we got here with this thread?

So, once more, thank you Dargoo for this thread. If there was a staff of the month award, you'd definitely earned it for this month, in my humble opinion.

What the heck are you talking about. This is not a thread to discuss omnipotence. We are just choosing how to name the remaining tier, either 0 or High 1-A. We already had a thread regarding the removal of one of the two tiers, it was accepted, and it turned unmanagable and thus became staff only.

This is not an important issue and omnipotence is not an important issue in any way. So yes, you can derail this however you feel like it, because its irrelevant to the topic at hand.

Just vote.

@Almighty Often you can post on a staff member's (such as Ant's) message wall your thoughts on a SO thread, and they'll post it there, quoting you.

If you're even bothering doing to post on a staff's wall your thoughts are probably coherent and relevant enough to get posted on the thread by that staff.

I think about it and the removal of High 1-A isn't (for me) a big issue. The whole High 1-A becoming just 1-A couldn't be fixed with a likely higher in their tier? Now, is Omnipotence page going to be erased? If that's the case then the removal of tier 0 would be more accurate

@Pach

I actually did state in a above post for people to comment here about the issue.

I'm pretty sure if all of these people left messages on walls certain staff like Matt would get practically spammed, and there would be even less discussion going on.

So no, there is no derailment going as far as I'm concerned. I made the call to say that having an outlet for discussion would be more productive than shunting out most of the community on an issue, so if there's anyone to be frustrated with that would be me.

Back