• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier High 6-A The Battle of the Beast Tournament (2023): Tatsumaki vs Yami Ichika

I do not disagree with the ratings, because the ratings say she massively upscales from her value, which is true. You are being blatantly ignorant if you say that upscaling is never allowed to overcome AP gaps when in vs threads.
In fact the entire reason we don’t just upscale Jotaro’s rating on his profile is that making him baseline 8-B with no upscale would actually depict him as weaker than high 8-C+ with his massive scaling chain, and he literally is treated as above baseline 8-B in any vs thread
Again, you have no idea what you are talking about because you don’t understand the wiki’s system of how upscaling works. Despite trying to pull the “wiki rules” card you do not actually have any rules to back you up.

On Jotaro's profile it just says he upscales alot from high 8-C though
Yeah because it was accepted in a revision because he was farr above the value.

I'm not saying that Tatsumaki doesn't scale far above her value - but if you want her to upscale to the next tier (or what have you) you absolutely need to make a revision thread. Until then it's unquantifiable

Tatsumaki has never used that in character even while actively trying to kill her opponents.
what the?????? IF it’s needed, she will use. SIMPLY, she already shown durability negation, so you cant just ignore it.
Also, she never used it before bc never was necessary, also, psykorochi has resistance to telekinesis.

Now, what I'm trying to understand is how Tats is not stomped to oblivion here. Tats is at a disadvantage in LS and AP, and Ichika can just use amp stats or surround her with Zetten barriers that Tats can't do anything about.

This is because Ichika has an absolute advantage in combat intelligence and can pressure Tats with Gravity Manip + her superior LS.

Passive Aura was used told raise Tats durability from unknown to being able to take some damage from psycho’s beam. It only enhances her durability not block attacks cuz she still got damaged by it
no. the passive aura only protected her skin, not her dress, thats why her dress was burnt and her skin was harmless.
She didnt get damage any damage at all

Yeah because it was accepted in a revision because he was farr above the value.

I'm not saying that Tatsumaki doesn't scale far above her value - but if you want her to upscale to the next tier (or what have you) you absolutely need to make a revision thread. Until then it's unquantifiable
Jotaro < DIO < Angry Jotaro (blowing holes in his body) < Stronger DIO < Angrier Jotaro (Splits this Dio into multiple pieces with one punch)

This is enough to get Jotaro to basically 8-B from upscaling from what I've seen (might have forgotten some other stuff)

Charging up Orochi < Actually attacking Orochi < Saitama liquefying him < Psykorochi thinking she can beat Saitama based on that < Tatsumaki mutilating her on a cellular level

I think at the very least the AP gap should be ignored based on this tbh

I have a hard time grasping how a sentient human being can see tatsumaki turning someone who is already vastly stronger than or orochi into literal meat paste and say “there’s no way she’s 2 times stronger than him”
The incompetence is insane in this one

Now, what I'm trying to understand is how Tats is not stomped to oblivion here. Tats is at a disadvantage in LS and AP, and Ichika can just use amp stats or surround her with Zetten barriers that Tats can't do anything about.

This is because Ichika has an absolute advantage in combat intelligence and can pressure Tats with Gravity Manip + her superior LS.
gravity manipulation which tatsumaki has a ridiculous resistance
tatsumaki is stronger, the woman would get one shotted before even having the chance to amp herself, is action vs thoughts

Tbh Ziller I think you're just confused with how the wiki works. This isn't the first time this has happened with you in particular so I'm not going to entertain this anymore. The Jotaro and Tatsumaki situation is VASTLY different.

Jotaro was bumped up TO THE NEXT TIER, and it was accepted in that revision thread by Staff.

You want Tatsumaki to officially (in matches and in profile[?]) to randomly scale at least 2.2x than her value because of her upscaling value despite it not being how it works on the wiki. You can only upscale to the next tier - not give a random at least number. Tatsumaki scales "At least" for that reason.
Jotaro < DIO < Angry Jotaro (blowing holes in his body) < Stronger DIO < Angrier Jotaro (Splits this Dio into multiple pieces with one punch)

This is enough to get Jotaro to basically 8-B from upscaling from what I've seen (might have forgotten some other stuff)

Charging up Orochi < Actually attacking Orochi < Saitama liquefying him < Psykorochi thinking she can beat Saitama based on that < Tatsumaki mutilating her on a cellular level

I think at the very least the AP gap should be ignored based on this tbh
Idek what Ichika's scaling chain is tbh. I heard she does but I'm not certain.

I'm not saying that Tatsumaki can't be close to Ichika - in fact 2.2x gap isn't even that big of a gap in verse matches. I'm saying that Tats wincon via upscaling isn't valid because upscaling can only be used to close the gap not increase the gap in reverse.

Ichika should be able to break through her TK because they are relative but Ichika AT LEAST has an LS and AP advantage anyhow.

Regardless I'm pretty sure Ichika's LS is far greater than Tats lol like I think someone said at least 13x but I'm not certain on that. If that's the case than Tats' TK is literally negligible in this match because Ichika will break through it like candy.

Regardless I'm pretty sure Ichika's LS is far greater than Tats lol like I think someone said at least 13x but I'm not certain on that. If that's the case than Tats' TK is literally negligible in this match because Ichika will break through it like candy.
EDIT: nvm it was 1.3 not 13.

no. the passive aura only protected her skin, not her dress, thats why her dress was burnt and her skin was harmless.
She didnt get damage any damage at all

False. It raises her durability which isn’t multi continental TO multicontinental. That’s why she still took damage to her skin and clothes. Yes the damage is visible on the skin.

Nierre can you explain the difference between Jotaro's situation and Tatsumaki's?

I'll take back my vote since I'm not too confident in voting Ichika but in order to not "Npc FRA train" I'll wait for Arnold/Black Clover supporters to respond

take back my vote since I'm not too confident in voting Ichika but in order to not "Npc FRA train" I'll wait for Arnold/Black Clover supporters to respond

That’s what they want. They want to gaslight you into thinking retracting your vote and they succeeded in doing so…

Nierre can you explain the difference between Jotaro's situation and Tatsumaki's?

I'll take back my vote since I'm not too confident in voting Ichika but in order to not "Npc FRA train" I'll wait for Arnold/Black Clover supporters to respond
Jotaro had a upscaling revision thread which was accepted, tatsumaki didn't
Everything needs a revision before being added/changed here

just because isnt listed doesnt mean she cant do, and this talking about something that she did many times in the manga
are you just trying to ignore her power?

Tbh Ziller I think you're just confused with how the wiki works. This isn't the first time this has happened with you in particular so I'm not going to entertain this anymore. The Jotaro and Tatsumaki situation is VASTLY different.

Jotaro was bumped up TO THE NEXT TIER, and it was accepted in that revision thread by Staff.

You want Tatsumaki to officially (in matches and in profile[?]) to randomly scale at least 2.2x than her value because of her upscaling value despite it not being how it works on the wiki. You can only upscale to the next tier - not give a random at least number. Tatsumaki scales "At least" for that reason.

Idek what Ichika's scaling chain is tbh. I heard she does but I'm not certain.

I'm not saying that Tatsumaki can't be close to Ichika - in fact 2.2x gap isn't even that big of a gap in verse matches. I'm saying that Tats wincon via upscaling isn't valid because upscaling can only be used to close the gap not increase the gap in reverse.

Ichika should be able to break through her TK because they are relative but Ichika AT LEAST has an LS and AP advantage anyhow.

Jotaro is high 8-C, read the profiles
you are the confused one here, you literally have no ******* idea what you’re talking about.
It is extremely common practice to create matches and use a character’s upscale chain to disregard or overcome AP gaps, this happens literally all the time. You are denying reality just to wank that tiny 2.2x to oblivion by saying she is still stronger than someone who upscales absolute dimensions above a value that’s only 2.2 times lower

Jotaro had a upscaling revision thread which was accepted, tatsumaki didn't
Everything needs a revision before being added/changed here
Fair enough, can I see the thread, I'll try and gather evidence and make one in the same style as it then since I think the situations are basically the same

I already have.

Essentially you can't give an arbitrary value to upscale unless it's to the next tier.

Jotaro was upscaled to the next tier due to a CRT which was accepted by Staff due to an abundance of chains.

Tatsumaki isn't being argued to upscale to the next tier here - but instead to a random value which isn't allowed. All it can do is close the gap in a match. Especially without a CRT.

I remember I had asked KT (I believe) if I was allowed to upscale a character from 8-C to 8-C+ due to upscaling chains and he said no because we are only allowed to upscale to the next tier if the scaling chain makes it very obvious that they scale FAR FAR above said value. If you plan on upscaling Tats to the next tier then you'd have to make a CRT, also that'd make this match invalid because Tats would be disqualified from this tourney because of the AP limit

Jotaro is high 8-C, read the profiles
you are the confused one here, you literally have no ******* idea what you’re talking about.
It is extremely common practice to create matches and use a character’s upscale chain to disregard or overcome AP gaps, this happens literally all the time. You are denying reality just to wank that tiny 2.2x to oblivion by saying she is still stronger than someone who upscales absolute dimensions above a value that’s only 2.2 times lower
It closes the gap to make them relative, it doesn't reverse the gap.

what the?????? IF it’s needed, she will use. SIMPLY, she already shown durability negation, so you cant just ignore it.
Again, that's out of character as **** for her to do, even while bloodlusted and actively trying to kill people she's never done anything like targeting organs. Even against the guy who was messing with her sister just the other chapter, so no.

It isn't in character for her to use and she's never used it. And yes, we do in fact ignore OOC behavior.
Also, she never used it before bc never was necessary, also, psykorochi has resistance to telekinesis.
She doesn't have resistance to TK, that's something you made up.
she does have danmaku, she literally does
She doesn't, she literally doesn't.
it against boros ship when stopped all bullets at once.
That's not how Danmaku works, again she doesn't have Danmaku so quit making shit up and use what's on the profile.

I already have.

Essentially you can't give an arbitrary value to upscale unless it's to the next tier.

Jotaro was upscaled to the next tier due to a CRT which was accepted by Staff due to an abundance of chains.

Tatsumaki isn't being argued to upscale to the next tier here - but instead to a random value which isn't allowed. All it can do is close the gap in a match. Especially without a CRT.

I remember I had asked KT (I believe) if I was allowed to upscale a character from 8-C to 8-C+ due to upscaling chains and he said no because we are only allowed to upscale to the next tier if the scaling chain makes it very obvious that they scale FAR FAR above said value. If you plan on upscaling Tats to the next tier then you'd have to make a CRT, also that'd make this match invalid because Tats would be disqualified from this tourney because of the AP limit
It’s not arguing that she scales to a random value, it’s just that she is within some range of power far beyond what it listed. Luckily for us, Ant and the staff have left it up to common sense to determine in vs matches what range of power a character’s upscale value should logically put them in, even if it’s only an estimation. Unfortunately, it’s left up to common sense, meaning that there is no saving the people who believe that Tatsumaki’s scaling chain including blowing up orochi and turning someone on that level into blood paste doesn’t warrant her being beyond the range of someone only 2 times stronger than orochi’s value.

Back