• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tiering for Tyrant key

So for Tyrant, I believe it should be rated as

• At least 7-B, likely 7-A
  • At least City level, likely Large City level
The reasoning for this is that Tyrant was one of the most powerful Super Class Danger Beasts alive. So powerful in fact that it took several Teigu users to take down and even then, it never died. And in it's prime it should be equal to the Danger Beast that created Lubbocks Cross Tail, which is mountain to large mountain level through sheer size alone. But since it is now been made into an armor, it shouldn't be as powerful as it was in its truely alive form.

The issue that arises from this is that in the latest chapter, Tyrant was just casually cast aside by Esdeath like it was nothing, while Tatsumi's 2nd form Incursio was able to match Esdeath blow for blow.

As such, I do not believe that Tatsumi has gained a sigificant amount of power in the Tyrant form compared to his other forms.

You could say that Esdeath had gained some of her powers back via absorbing the Ice cavalry that she made prior, but she expended that power when she used it to create that ice age.

As such, I suggest that we wait until the next chapter if something actually happens with Tyrant. However, seeing that Akame was shown at the end of the chapter to enter into a new form in order to combat Esdeath.

Thing is, even in Form 3, Tatsumi still did not want to fight her. It's not out of the realm of possibility for her to be on that level. And she said that the storm constantly restored her power as well so it's possible she can use her time stop several times.

This only means that Esdeath got stronger during the storm, which only places Esdeath's AP higher than it already is.

I would like you to find the scan that displays where it shows Tatsumi did not want to fight Esdeath. I thought it was discussed that Esdeath was deliberately prolonging her fight against Tatsumi, and Esdeath was actually holding back in that fight (Chapter 69 and Chapter 70 of AgK).

If you are proposing that Tyrant be upgraded, keep in mind that Esdeath needs to be upgraded to for casually brushing aside Tyrant like absolutely nothing. As such, according to your tiers, I propose these stats.

Tatsumi

• Attack Potency: At least City level, likely Mountain level
  • Key: Tyrant
  • I guess it logically makes sense that Tyrant would have gotten stronger as his previous forms followed this pattern upon each evolution (Form 4 > Form 3 > Form 2 > Form 1)
  • Tyrant, as you described, is an ultra-class danger beast, and thus should be comparable in strength to this guy. I would suggest that you find the manga version of this picture, however, as the mountains were drawn bigger.
  • "Likely" and "possibly" could be interchanged here as we are not exactly sure how much Tyrant is stronger compared to its previous form.
Esdeath

• It seems that after absorbing the Ice Cavalry, Esdeath released that Ice Storm Commander in Chief.
  • You have noted that Esdeath has gotten stronger after she absorbed back her ice cavalry and created that storm, she was able to use time stop without wearing out, correct? I have provided the scans below.
  • I only saw Esdeath stop time once in the recent chapter. Show me scans where Esdeath stopped time multiple times.
  • Esdeath uses Mahpadma to freeze time
  • Tyrant charges in against Esdeath
  • Esdeath slices
  • Tyrant is cast aside
Also, in chapter 54, Esdeath used Mahapadma during a battle, and was shown to still be able to fight just fine after she finished using it.

Note that she was still capable of fighting just fine during her battle against Magatama Susanoo, after she was shown to use Mahpadma the first time. This leads me to wonder if Esdeath being worn out after using Mahpadma is just a bluff on Esdeath's part.

Even if the AgK wiki states that she was worn out, actual feats contradict it, no?

I will wait for more input from the other staff members, as well as re-read AgK again, but this is what I have in mind. However, I would like everyone's input in this, especially those who have read Akame Ga Kill.

I never said she used her time stop multiple times. But she stated the storm constantly replenished her ice powers.

O037
The picture is where Tatsumi did not want to fight Esdeath.

Oimg013
And this would be the Danger Beast and it would be a good idea to state this is a lot larger than the anime made it look.

@Drellix:

Drellix wrote
Thing is, even in Form 3, Tatsumi still did not want to fight her. It's not out of the realm of possibility for her to be on that level. And she said that the storm constantly restored her power as well so it's possible she can use her time stop several times.

Oh?

Also, it looks to me that Tatsumi was actually concerned due to Esdeath being a significant threat, even after Incursio having evolved, hence the reason for Tatsumi not wanting to face her in combat.

And yes, Esdeath is probably getting upgraded due to the Tyrant feat (as well as playing around in all of Tatsumi's fights against her). I am just unsure what the wording for the upgrade should be, as instead of City level before the storm, she could just be straight up Mountain level for annihilating Tyrant, if not higher.

Creating those ice cavalry may have weakened her a bit at that time, thus explaining why Tatsumi was able to match Esdeath during combat anyways.

Also, it would be appreciated if we waited for the English translation, as I am curious to see where she states that the storm replenishes her ice powers.

B034
This is where it says it. It doesn't say it exactly, but I take it to mean that, as she always has access to all her ice abilities.

However, it does not say that it actually boosts her power compared to before. There were times where Esdeath never made her Ice Cavalry, and she was beating the Night Raid members to hell and back.

It is likely that Esdeath was actually holding back her powers all this time until this battle.

This is true. And I still don't think she's going all out. I think she has a few more cards up her sleeves.

And as such, we are going to hold this thread off until the next chapter comes out.

Also, we may have an Akame upgrade in the next chapter, from the transformation shown at the end of the chapter.

Back