• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Bored, might as well make a thematic matchup. Everything is equalized and Tifa has access to all of her materia and Akihiko has all of his personas.

Tifa:

Akihiko Sanada: 1

Inconclusive:

Tifa Remake
AkihikoP3

Sucks their strengths aren't the same, otherwise I'd make it a legit matchup

Well she resists mind and soul hax but I don't see information manipulation on her resistances.

How good is Tifa at battles where she's outnumbered? Persona's actually have minds of their own (they're usually in tandem with current mindset and objective of the user), and have no problem fighting side by side with their owner.

Akihiko can coat himself in electricity and go for CQC, while Caesar can do the same, or go for AOE magic+flight, while being AE Type 1.

I don't really recall there being any instances of her fighting Solo against an entire group unless there's some side quest with her that I'm unaware of. But she's pretty skilled in combat in her own right since she was trained back before Sephiroth did his thing and has years of experience under her belt.

Yeah, I'm gonna say she outskills Akihiko.

But the numbers game, fact that she can only hit Akihiko since his Persona is AE Type 1, thought-based AOEs that spawn where you are, etc might be too much. Plus, I think Akihiko gets Megidolaon, which bypasses all of Tifa's resistances and immunities.

Skill, I think depends on when we're taking Akihiko here. Is this Arena Akihiko who was training non-stop for years after Persona 3, or is this post-P3 Akihiko who just finished taking on Erebus?

Also, Personas' having AE Type 1 don't apply to the projected forms that typically appear in gameplay. The AE only applies to the true forms that are the abstract portions of the user's personality inside their mind and soul. So if Tifa has good enough NPI to affect mental and spiritual constructs that are partially made of information, and partially made of physics-defying matter, then she should be able to hit them.

Considering Tifa's outnumbered against two enemies of comparable skill to her, if she can't even hit Caesar, than she's at a real disadvantage here unless she has some form of hax to turn this around.

On a side note, this is a really interesting match-up.

This is Persona Arena Akihiko. They're both at their absolute best state in this matchup, no non-experienced or nerfed version, and with like everything equalized.

Akihiko resists a ton of Tifa's materia abilities. His Persona is weak to ice though, which is one of Tifa's most used materia. If her ice materia is potent enough, she could potentially harm Akihiko. But this match probably just boils down to pure skill.

Her ice materia could probably give her a better chance. With AP equalized, hitting Akihiko's weakness is guaranteed to stun him for a good while; maybe enough to get the momentum back. That's if she can hit him with it though, because it needs to be a direct hit that gets past Akihiko's guard for it to really get him good. That, and she still has to get past Caesar and the constant volleys of magic being thrown her way. And if she gets too close, Akihiko can catch her in Earth Breaker before she thinks to use her materia.

If she gets close she could unleash her limit break of causing an explosion from inside his body so she could catch him with that move.

Keep in mind she still has Summon Materia of her own to use like Shiva to make it a 2v2 or a Bahamut variant, Knights of The Round or Typhon to dura neg. Also does stat equal rule out their respective stat amps/reductions like Aki's -kunda spells or Tifa's own support Materia like Wall or Shield?

Solacis said:
Her ice materia could probably give her a better chance. With AP equalized, hitting Akihiko's weakness is guaranteed to stun him for a good while; maybe enough to get the momentum back. That's if she can hit him with it though, because it needs to be a direct hit that gets past Akihiko's guard for it to really get him good. That, and she still has to get past Caesar and the constant volleys of magic being thrown her way. And if she gets too close, Akihiko can catch her in Earth Breaker before she thinks to use her materia.
Is it in character for Akihiko to use range based magic attacks? I thought he was just a pure brawler.

@Hst, yes it equalizes everything so their stat buffs and debuffs have equal value.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Solacis said:
Is it in character for Akihiko to use range based magic attacks? I thought he was just a pure brawler.
He incoperates both into his fighting style.

Back