• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Timeless Voids Standards Issues (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for helping out. You can also message other knowledgeable members that you know to ask them for help. Wasn't Aeyu interested in rewriting the page? You can ask her via Discord if you wish.

If this doesn't go anywhere we can make a poll (staff only) on who agrees with removing infinite speed due to timeless void and who opposes it's removal

@Shubham

We have already reached an agreement.

@Medeus

Thank you.

If I remember correctly, we agreed that timeless voids are an unreliable way to measure speed, and Sera was going to rewrite our Timeless Voids Standards page to explain why.

Bump.

Is somebody experienced willing to help out with this? It is rather important.

I asked Aeyu, and she mostly just game me simplified explanations based on what she, Sera, and Pritti have said. Both of whom are currently dealing with the Corona Virus panic.

Basically, A void existing outside of time, or possessing an absence of time is considered an Unknow feat. Infinite speed is for Voids that that are "Beyond the flow of time;" there has to be time but the time within it is completely frozen for it to truly qualify as Infinite. And Immeasurable is for voids that are stated to be above and beyond time. The statements have to be either very specific or very elaborate.

I'm not sure if that explanation is big enough, but I'm busy ATM and basically the best collected information at the moment.

I know Sera brought that up, and I know plenty of characters are Infinite based on that statement of predating time. But I don't quite remember what her answer was; Kepekley basically said no to that though.

I would say that is more akin to Immeasurable than Infinite, but once again, simply entering in a place like that do not grant any ability unless is a requeriment.

There are plenty of characters who predate time, but could not foresee their own actions nor go back in time to undo it. So Immeasurable for applying time predates seems arbitrary and Infinite sounds best case for those characters.

Not talking about characters but about places, but is only Immeasurable in contrast (that means that from the point of view of someone of the material world, the character have Immeasurable, but the character itself is not).

Yeah, that is the general conclusion here, "speed in contrast" is not really a rating, it was only a clarification of mine.

Unfortunately I'm not well versed in what exactly is going to be added/removed and where (although I get the tl;dr conclusion), my suggestion was a little more radical.

Okay. Is somebody else willing to do so? Or do you know if Sera will be able to handle it within he next two weeks or so?

I doubt Sera will be available any time soon; Corona virus has been hitting her country pretty hard given how close she is to China. However, Aeyu said she might be able to elaborate more later.

Yes. I would still very much appreciate help with this. It is quite important by our wiki standards.

Bump.

This is important, so I would very much appreciate help with applying the results of the discussion.

This will need a backup on the Wayback Machine and be postponed for after the forum move with the wide staff inactivity out of multiple factors as of late.

I am fine with if some other staff member than Sera handles this instead, as long as they know what they are doing.

Should we make a list of verses or characters that get their speed from void characteristics, that way it will be easier for the change to be implemented?

It wouldn't hurt, as long as the thread is backed up to the Wayback Machine Internet Archive, but the main issue is to update our standards in the first place, and I need help from the staff with that.

This thread appears to have concluded already, however, the changes haven't been applied at all and are pending discussion as to what to apply exactly on this regard in the end (As in, the way of saying it, not the "actual" content)

For now the best is to just archive this thread in the Wayback Machine and then apply it as soon as the forum move is done.

So this thread should be closed for now.

No, it should not. I am hoping that some staff member will help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back