• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tis Witch's Masochism (Anne vs Vergil)

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
This might be Annes first lose (Because no one wants to vote on my other matches...)

Anne Mayer vs Vergil (DMC Reboot)

War of Prayer Anne is used.

SBA and Speed equal, the usual jazz

And Buble, i saw a certain part on Vergils profile, if you were aware of that part when youre a bastard :^)

Vergin: 6

Glasses:

AGs may cry:

Okay, so what's Anne's first move? Vergil's mentality is pretty much "win through all means necessary", so he won't hold anything back. He also spams Judgement Cut.

She always engages in direct fights first. Everything else depends on how strong the enemy is.

Everything in her second key is via weapons. She would have to activate Human Age first before using them. She used Human Age against her Enemy only, if she feels that shes outclassed in some way, as the activation only last 500 seconds.

Its in character for her to always engage first, there were some fights where she threw around her Wave attacks but its mostly sword fighting first.

Well, it may be too late for her to activate Human Age, as Vergil, again, spams Judgement Cut & Summoned Swords.

Voting Vorgil for reasons above.

On the other hand, Anne is one of the most skilled Knights in the verse and fodderized dozen of other Knights at once, via raw skill alone. I dont think it will be easy for Vergil to land an direct hit. Anne herself is a pretty "win by all means necessary" type of character too and fight dirty if needed. Shes capable of reading the "tune" of an human body and thus predict attacks (dunno if you can call it limited precog), as she reacted to someone who blitzed her via predicting his action (against an opponent she never fought before)

Judgement Cut is a series of nigh-instantaneous slashes that cut through the space itself, which are not projectile-based.

So, how skilled is Vergil in general, because i might incline to say that Anne kill in their first clash, as she always aim for lethal hits first if hes not good enough, due to Annes insane skill and noticeable AP advantage.

Eh, I don't know if I can say he's REALLY impressive, as he got his ass handed to him by his brother. Although, he's pretty decent with his abilities, as he can spam Teleportation, Judgement Cut & Summoned Swords roughly at the same time.

Also, how JC works is that Vergil spawns the slashes right on his target by swinging his sword, so it would be near-impossible for Anne to dodge it.

Alright, so either Vergil dosnt open instantly with JC and gets necksliced or he opens JC and cuts her open.

Incon?

JC will definitly kill her, but he needs to use it as fast as possible, the moment he engages in a sword fight first might get him killed in a single hit, because Anne always aim for lethal hits. And considering Vergils not good enough skill and the AP advantage, plus the fact that she can read opponents movement, im inclined to say that this may happen way more often when not.

Everything Vergil does before they are in sword to sword range is fair game and will oneshot Anne. Actually, i may throw in the fact that Anne would twist her hand and fire a Wave lazer at him if she sees him doing sword movements without her being in range, considering that she has experience fighting against people who do similiar things (Slicing someone with projectiles, i know you say its not projectile based, the argument is based on association, as she would recognize it as a range attack)

He will die in a single, up to 2 hits tho, so he wont have the time to teleport. And she can skill hand twist a lazer at him.

Isn't she heavily backscaled from a 35 megatons feat? I don't think the gap is that big. And besides, it's not like Vergil is going to just let her hits land on him.

Shes actually not that heavy below her prime. She killed an S-class Typ Zero in "War of Prayer" who is only a single rank below The Typ Zeros Anne fought in her Prime (being SS-class) and despite that Rank difference, were said to be damn near the SS-classes. She could be as strong as her prime, but is certaintly not stronger.

I didnt said that Vergil just tanks her attacks, im saying that Anne outskills so hard that she gets the hit in. She managed to slap 3 Master Knights, who not only had prio knowledge on her, were equipped with swords AND attacked at the same time with her bare hands. One of the Master Knights was her comrade on the Veelcheswar, the war were normal and Master Knights died like flies, meaning that he was a veteran under veterans. She oneshotted him casually.

Plus that she can read the "tune" of her opponents and thus predict what they are doing, meaning that she reads him making a attack from afar and answers with her own range attack. Its out of character to open with her Wave attacks, but if she sees the need to open with them then she do so.

She dosnt. What shes reading is the fact that him swinging at the air will result in something that might harm her, as she faced Opponents who did the same. Pray throwed gigantic energy blades with a single swing (Something Anne can do to). One of the highest ranking Knights named Leny could do something similar. While Anne didnt fight Leny onscreen, she is fully aware of Lenys power, as her Sword technic is infamous across the entire universe. She too, can throw invisible cuts who nearly instantly cuts the opponents by swinging it in the opponents direction. Yes, they are not compareable in effect, but their start up are near identical and Anne answered attacks like this with her own wave attacks from afar.

I'm inclined to say Vergil wins TBH

Teleport spam gets him out of any situation that gets him overwhelmed and he only needs to do a single Judgement Cit to kill her, which instantly surrounds her with undodgeable Spatial Cuts that she had zero knowledge of

Voting Vergil

RebubleUselet said:
I don't think you really understand how JC works. What Vergil does is just slash & spawn the cuts right on his target, without them needing any time to travel.
Here's the video for reference
No, i totally understood how it worked (It looks pretty awesome btw, not gonna lie). My point is, that she answers his movement and not the attack itself.

Basicly this: Both starts meters apart from each other, meaning that Anne needs to rush in to get to Vergil. Vergil being an asshole tries to draw an Judgement Cut, Anne reads that JC through his tune and throws her own range attack, because she has her own experience with people throwing attacks from afar via sword swings. That JC results in something different isnt the point. That he makes similar movements BEFORE the cut is thrown is my argument.

Other then that vote counted.

Gargoyle One said:
I'm inclined to say Vergil wins TBH
Teleport spam gets him out of any situation that gets him overwhelmed and he only needs to do a single Judgement Cit to kill her, which instantly surrounds her with undodgeable Spatial Cuts that she had zero knowledge of

Voting Vergil
His teleportation wont help him if he ever gets into melee range. Anne oneshotted Knights and AGs far more skilled and stronger then Vergil with a single cut. And she dosnt need knowledge on the JC, there exist Knights who do similar attacks from afar.

She dosnt answer the attack with her Wave attack because she knows that is omnidirectionaly space cuts her, but because she makes the association with similar attacks, who are all ranged.

RebubleUselet said:
But what prevents Vergil from dodging Anne's attack?
Nothing, if he can swing a JC and doge at the same time without problems. Other then maybe, the big aoe of most of her range attacks.

Gargoyle One said:
All he needs TK do is literally draw his blade and she's dead
Again, the start motion is similar to this. This was done by someone far weaker then Leny, who is weaker then Dry, who is on Annes level. Again, the effect is different and i already said multiple times that a succesfull JC will kill her, there is no debate on that.

My point is that Anne WILL react to a motion like that with this. For context, Pray, Annes opponent, is severly stronger, faster and more skilled then Anne and ragdolled her prior to Human Age. It was nearly impossible for Anne to keep up with Pray and it was impossible for Anne to read Prays tune due to her being the one teaching Anne EVERYTHING combat related. I mean, Anne couldread the attack from someone, who blitzed the living crap out of her and blocked it easily , someone doing sworddraws that will not connect to her on conventional ways (due to distance) against her, who experienced similar attacks already, might ring alarm bells.

Anne is now facing someone severly below Pray, in a stressless situation where she can keep an actual eye on him and see what hes up to. And this is assuming that Vergil always throws his JC at the beginning of the fight, without maybe trying to engage in a small sword fight first. Im not doubting it btw, i trust people in that regard.

Only issue is that unlike Vergil's those moves are liinear and 1 of them has travel time. I really doubt she would dodge the whole lot. I actually think that vergil wins this.

He can also teleport her into his own attacks.

Rocker1189 said:
Only issue is that unlike Vergil's those moves are liinear and 1 of them has travel time. I really doubt she would dodge the whole lot. I actually think that vergil wins this.

He can also teleport her into his own attacks.
The argument isnt dodging, its Anne counterattacking with her own swing or a small handmove.

And if he teleports her closer then needed, she curbs him in a sword fight. If he teleports her into JC range then its less travel time for her Wave attacks so it dosnt help him much either.

Im by the way arguing for an Incon, i dont see Anne straight up winning this match. Just to be clear.

Gargoyle One said:
She can't swing if she's dead
I just assume you readed everything i wrote and still believe that he draws without Anne reacting to it, because i explained repeatetly how Anne read what hes trying to do and counteract to it.

Back