• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tis Witch's masochism part 2: Electric Boogaloo (Anne vs Cole)

Status
Not open for further replies.

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
I dont have good ideas. Sponsored by Garg, he loves to see me suffer

Anne Mayer vs Cole MacGrath

The Blade:

The Wall: 4

Electro Knights:

Its Infamous 1 Cole vs War of Prayer Anne

SBA but 300 meters apart, Speed equal yada yada yada.

Well I guess I'll get it started

AP appears to be even, though it may be in Cole's favor, as he's >>>> 27 megatons vs Anne's at most 34 megatons

Cole has superior versatility, but Anne appears to have more hax to bypass this.

Though I know nothing of the series, so can you explain how her power null, forcefield null and space hax works?

The Power null is kinda hard to evaluate, but its basiclly every of her energy attacks (Wave attacks) overpower and cancel out paranormal powers (Super powers) and Phenomenon weapons (Physics breaking weapons), but its never really much expanded on. She probably has to hit the opponent with her Wave Attacks to power null.

Forcefield null happens passivly via her swords. Just being near an AB Sword negates the forcefield.

Her Space Hax comes from the AB Sword "Green Ring". Each strike distort space to null defenses.

So if Cole were to shoot a lightning bolt or shockwave at the wave attack, it would be be nullified?

Does force field negation work on shields that are composed of electromagnetism?

So the space hax ignores durability then?

Basicly yes.

It works on all energy based shields so maybe.

Yes, its a big lance and its job is to break down defenses.

Hmm, so it looks like this is basically Cole vs Tsuna all over again, where Cole is gonna have hard time injuring his opponent due to aggressive power null.

But it's not like Cole is completely screwed here, as he usually doesn't like to get up close unless he absolutely has to, so he has some range to work with.

However, her energy nullifying waves are gonna be a pain to deal with, and since he can't rely on shields to block them or shockwave to deflect them, he's gonna have to rely on pure dodging skills and reflexes. He's pretty quick on his feat, and his history of leaping around buildings all while weaving through gunfire shows that he can fight and dodge at the same time. Plus, he can amp his speed via Precision at the cost of energy (though he can't spam it or utilize it for too long)

Though I'd say he isn't completely screwed here. Although many of his bolts and shockwaves aren't completely usable, his grenades and rockets will definitely help even the odds.

Grenades can stick to enemies should Cole manage to tag them with one, and he's shown that can strategically throw them so that surround the enemy or place them around the battlefield during a fight and try to edge them towards it without knowing. If Anne isn't careful, she could wind up walking into one or getting hit with splash damage, which could trap her within a pair of Arc Restraints.

Rockets are the same deal, Cole could spam them in rapid succession in a way too quick for her to react, and wear her down via splash damage, and she could also be caught in the anti-gravity effect of the rockets blast (both grenades and rockets have decent AoE).

Cole could also just use Overload Burst to conduct his lightning around the nearby metals to hit her.

Though from what I'm seeing on her profile, she has a lot of tough abilities for Cole to counter, need some time to think on this

Hmm....

Okay, so, she has spacial heckery to get past Shields and cover and can negate Energy attacks via wAvEs

If her Powernull is described as "overpowering", does it work on a stronger opponent? If not, that's gonna be problematic, as her shields won't hold up forever against Cole.

Especially considering one thing: SBA Kun's strongest attack, 4 KM distance. Considering Cole has KM level range, and Anne has Tens of meters, she'll be at a vast disadvantage as Cole can abuse range greatly. Though, then again, a High Hypersonic should be able to cover the distance pretty easily in a short time, so, this'll only be a problem if Cole decides to keep retreating and just blasting her from KM away, but, he's not prone to do that even though he likes range spam.

Still, might have to give it to Cole for his vast range starting advantage, AP, and all the other tricks he could pull as PTSO mentioned, though, Spacial manipulation could easily do a bit of damage.

If the 4KM distance turns out to be to great of an advantage for Cole then i might reduce it to 500 Meters up to 1KM, but i will let others decide if thats needed.

The "overpowering" part is inofficial, like i said, the power null part was never really great explained, outside of it being desrcibed as having power canceling propertys and being concipated to combat paranormal powers. As for powernulling stronger opponents, she thankfully did. She powernulled the Cross Eyes, who physically superior to her. How much stronger i sadly dont know.

But for now i count your vote.

Cole FRA

Even if we reduced the range to a few hundred meters, Cole would still have more than enough time and room to activate precision mode to increase his speed to help with dodging the waves, and get enough distance to spam rockets and grenades comfortably and either wear her down or restrain her via Arc Restraints.

Also, Electro Knights sounds like a pretty nice ship name ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

If thas the case then the range will be reduced to 100 Meters apart. Is this ok with everyone?

What is Coles answers to her Soul Arrows? (They dont Soulhax) Its her Danmaku weapon that null barriers too and can be spammed (up to ten thousands). While they are not homing, they still lock onto her enemy.

As for Coles ranged weapons, she can create massive swords as protective walls to reduce direct damage. And her DC Coat (her barrier) can nullify shockwaves produced by explosive weaponry and reflect energy type attacks.

I mean, then it just feels like you're biasing towards the victory of one side

Which for reference, everyone in the entirety of ever is biased, don't get me wrong, it's just you shouldn't let it get to you

Either way, Cole can easily take cover or shoot them down via shooting electricity like he does with several other projectiles in game, and, DC Coat doesn't exactly halt Arc Restraining Grenades, as it's, again, a restraint as opposed to a direct, nullifiable attack. Though, swords will be an issue, he can easily spam it or trickshot to get around that.

Eh? Pointing out that i asked people first if thats better, because kilometer distance being an gigantic advantage is something that should be reduced for fairness sake, considering that this strictley benefits Cole and not Anne. The distance being 100 meters isnt a problem for Cole either, because he still starts outside her range. And PTSO even said that the distance being shorter woudnt bother Cole at all. So i dont understand where you bias comment comes from.

Anne can conjure multiple 1000 of them and throw them at him though. And she can do that multiple times. She can pinpoint those grenades with them.

And the swords are pretty big and she can build entire walls with them and surround herself with them.

A thousand of them doesn't mean she'll be able to see where to hit behind the building he just dropped behind.

Not if Cole is playing smart as per usual. If he sees she can just pin grenades, he'd try some way to get around it. Probably by blasting the swords so they don't block or just surrounding her with them. She can pin one, but can she pin 12 surrounding her before they detonate? While Cole is launching a ton of rockets at her she should also be dealing with?

In case he hides she just mixes her Wave attacks with the Soul Arrows. When exploding, they do have a pretty big radius so they can blow away Coles cover. Anne herself isnt stationary either. She can move around freely, coupled with her Sword acting as platforms she can freely move and recreate.

She managed to pin an entire army of Monsters mid flight, i dont think some grenades and rockets will be a problem, especially with thousands of them. The swords are by the way not static, even after their conjuring. She can throw and attack with them mid fight while dealing with her opponents herself.

I said at least a few hundred meters would even the odds. I feel that 100 meters is a bit unfair, considering all of the offensive had and danmaku Cole has to counter.

Cole can also use electromagnetism to pull in nearby objects to block attacks, meaning that he bypassed the lack of forcefields, and he could also use it to launch metallic objects at her. Since it's just a normal object being propelled by electromagnetic forces, her power null won't effect it.

Can the walls be broken via AP?

Alright. How about 300 Meters then?

Thats a fair point, but Anne sliced through attacks like this easily, so its not that hard to deal for her.

The walls can be broken via AP, but they are certaintly more durable then Annes barrier, so they should be able tank at least a single, maybe 2 attacks.

If Cole starts tossing around magnetized stuff like cars and metals I think it's going to be hard for her to negate. Or blocks of ice ala Glacier/what he does in All stars.

Oh someone already said that.

Man lack of sleep really does you in.

Anyway Cole FRA, I support the ship, Electrokinghts.

First Witch said:
Yeah, 300 meters sounds like enough room for both parties to work with

While she may be able to slice a few objects that Cole will through at her, keep in mind that Cole is also gonna be covering the field with grenade traps and rockets that can hone in on a target (Cole only has to shoot in her general area to redirect his rockets to her, so he could shoot a salvo of rockets in a random directions, confusing her, and then shoot near her feet, and then distract her by keeping on the offensive, which will take her attention off the rockets that are now dashing toward her area).

Can the arrows be preemptively destroyed? If so, Cole can use his rockets and shockwaves to either destroy or deflect them, they both have some decent AoE, so like 5-6 should clear out enough for Cole to either get to safety or use metal objects to make a shield

If the walls can be brown via AP, then Lightning Storm (which can hit multiple targets and is >>> his normal attacks) and his stat amping will definitely help here. Also, are these things made of metal? Cause if so, Cole could potentially use them against Anne without her even knowing.

Speaking of shields, how far does the shield negation extend? Is is tens of meters?

Alright, the battle condition is thus 300 Meters apart then.

Bear in mind that Anne can slice, conjure soul arrows and Morglay swords (Biiig swords) too, while throwing out wave attacks at the same time. While evading enemy group attacks and lazers fired at her. Confusing her will be really hard, considering that she thought on chaotic battlefields for years.

They CAN if hes fast enough. Thing is that Anne could create them AND fire them instantly at an enermy group who were only feets away from her and were rushing, casually. And she can reproduce them, not needed to conjure them next to her. She can spread them.

This is a point, but she might be able to counter the attack with equally big Wave attacks. Prolly not, depending on the size but its a possibility. The swords are not made of metal. They are made on an fictional material called AB material.

As far as the swords reach, its the characteristic of all AB swords. They presence nulls barriers, they are not ranged nulls tho.

First Witch said:
Hm that may be true, but Cole himself is also pretty used to fighting mobile fighters who can attack and evade at the same time. Kessler, Kuo, Nix, Sasha, all of whom have fought against numerous chaotic battlefields in the past against numerous enemies who were shooting at them from numerous angles, so it not like Cole hasn't fought people like this before in the past.

Well speed isn't really an issue for Cole here, he's already a pretty aim in the canon, the explosions from his attacks can cover a pretty decent area to help with the quantity, he can coat himself in lightning to create aura around him to destroy any arrows that get too close, and should worse come to worse, Cole can use Precision to help amp his speed to the point were Anne and her arrows slow to a crawl.

That's true, but given how Cole can fire numerous homing attacks, can summon lightning from above, most of his attacks can conduct through things and release omnidirectional blasts, Anne's gonna have to keep on her toes, and it's likely that Cole can break down her sword barriers

Damn, so they shut down forcefields just by being in their presence?

I were not arguing that she overpower Cole with that, im saying that she wont have major problems contending. Im just saying that while Cole fought people similar in spam capabilitys, so did Anne, just against armys of lazer firing, flying beasts.

Speed will be the problem for the beginning, as she only needs to say "xnumber shafts" and then fire them instantly. It wont be easy to just destroy them while conjuring. Anne needs only to think of her opponent to take aim. So while they are not homing, aiming with them is a peace cake for her. Him coating with lighting is a valid point tho, can he keep that up long enough or spam it? And how much faster does Cole become while amped? Anne could keep up with someone who blitzed her with pure reading skills, so he need to become several time faster when he currently is.

Like i said, Anne is not just going to steamroll Cole, she will most defnitly be able to keep up. Her swords can be recreated after being destroyed, it takes little time to create house sized swords she can fling at him or use as footing to evade or use to block direct attacks. While running around, conjuring different swords to throw at him. Or throwing around several story big wave slashes and lazers at him.

Yes, thats their entire shtick, Pointing out that ALL weapons Anne throws at Cole (Soul Arrows and Morglays) negate forcefields.

Fair point, I was just pointing out that Cole has some history fighting against mobile foes who like to dance around the battlefield

The lightning coat can be kept on as long as he has energy I believe. Unlike with his bolts and rockets, he's not expelling the energy from his body, he's just bringing it out and keeping it around his person. In the game he's shown to passively use it while in the sewers to help light up the area to see, with no apparent energy loss. In the comics he could even launch the aura away from his body to create an omnidirectional blast of lightning to clear out the foes trying to swarm him. Though it has to be turned on.

His speed amp is pretty potent. It can make enemies and attacks that are of equal or slightly greater speed to him look like they've been slowed to a crawl. This includes bullets, lightning beams, and even other MHS+ speedsters. The only catch is that it eats through his energy pool rapidly, so it can't be spammed for too long. But keep in mind that Cole by the end of the game has such a massive energy pool that during the whole David debacle, which took place over the course of several days, he was seen absorbing energy like once. And this is after spending several days with little sleep, food, and spending most of his time beating up squads of First Sons. Besides that, he can also absorb energy while fighting to refuel his energy and heal, and should worse come to worse, he can activate Karmic Overload, which gives him a brief period of infinite energy, allowing him to spam his best attacks without fear of energy loss, though it can only be used once.

He can also rely on his passive radar to help keep track of enemies who are moving too fast for his eyes to keep track of, and even teleporters.

Fair point, but Cole can steal rely on his stronger than normal attacks (Lightning Storm, Overload Burst) and his stat amping to help him break the swords should he find himself having trouble with them, and if he finds her wave beams overwhelming him, he can always rely on his speed amping and electromagnetism to help him get to safety or make a makeshift shield to block attacks, and maybe even simultaneously block and attack by launching the objects through the wave beams.

Huh, well that makes his forcfields useless I guess. Though thing I forgot to ask about her power null is how would it affect Cole's superhuman durability and Regenerationn? Would it shut both of those down and basically reduce him back to a normal human, or do we not know how far her powers go?

Cole wins via being upgraded to 7-A whenever the fork the calc's accepted

He can make lightning for about a second at the beginning of the game too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back