• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 6

Can someone explain me what happen to accel? i hear from a friend of me that Accel got a huge buff and un VS Debate Forums like get a shit storm, people dislike him or hate...

PairusDragonoid said:
Can someone explain me what happen to accel? i hear from a friend of me that Accel got a huge buff and un VS Debate Forums like get a shit storm, people dislike him or hate...
Copying and pasting from the previous thread:

Accel got a new power-up in NT22 in the form of Platinum Wings (after his black and white ones) which allows him to negate the Regenerationn of beings of a lower Aeon (such as the nerfed Magic Gods). Nephthys specifically got wrecked using an "invisible energy" that he can see around him in this form.

He created the wings using a 3rd Holy Tree called the Clonoth (actually the Misaka Network) and the occultic knowledge beyond the Abyss of Qliphah Puzzle (because puzzle-chan is basically a clone of Coronzon in the sense that she used her body as a template to create Puzzle) By inserting this new tree into reality, it changed how the cosmology of the Toaru world worked, almost like a metaphysical Law Manip.

And this was foreshadowed back during Misaka's Lv. 6 Shift and Accel manga's Shift. And since Accel is connected to the Network 24/7, it gave him a power boost. Accel is now a Transcendant Being. He can also force any target to undergo an Astral Projection by using the Clonoth, shaking the entire galaxy in the process. The text compared it to how Holistic Espers work (large-scale phenomenon to make small-scale results) as they were introduced in NT4. That seems to be the short and simple version.

PairusDragonoid said:
Accel got a power boost through the third tree otherwise known as the Clonoth and by gaining the occult knowledge of the Abyss and even surpassing Keter itself, this means that like Coronzon, Accel is beyond aeons now and could and should even be above Coronzon in that regard. This means that anyone who is from an aeon below him, which is all Aeons, he can interfere with. This time Nephthys wasn't able to regenerate after she was hit by his energy spear.

Accel Used the the occult knowledge he gained from the Abyss and the 78 tarot cards, which was instilled in him, and used magic to deal with Neph but I must note he still suffers from magic recoil.

Accel has gained a new Platinum winged form through the Clonoth, the third tree and he's described as being something like a holistic esper and his power is so great that he even shook the Galaxy.

Accel's role in the new third tree is the Transcendent being who controls and defines the entirety of the third tree. Qlipah as the demon of the new 11th Sphere, otherwise known as the "Stepping stone of wickedness that supports good deeds" is the guide, leader and protector of the new tree.

It's unknown the full extent of the power boost that Accel might have gotten.

The only things that is known are.

The Platinum wings.

Being able to understand laws that are unknown to him.

78 tarot cards.

Being beyond aeons Knowledge of the Abyss.

These are all his only certain power ups. Some might not call three of these power ups but I actually disagree since Accel has always become more powerful the more knowledge he has gained and him gaining all this magic knowledge and now being able to understand laws unknown to him makes him even more broken than before.

At the lowend he might not have gained anything new besides what was said above and maybe clairvoyance and some type of limited conceptional/law manipulation.

At the high end he might actually have control over the Metaphysical plane of exsistence that would give him access to unknown powers.

There's more than likely some thelemic stuff involved like using Accel being able to use his true will.

It's all unknown at this point.

Going beyond Keter and into Ein Sof, which is the endless, the infinity, and the unumeral nonsexistence of creation, is technically on par with him being outside the logic of creation and the like. If there's the next closest thing I can compare it too, if you're familiar with Dies Irae, it'd be achieving Atziluth. Well, it literally /is/ too in the Qabalah, so there's that. Literally reaching Atziluth. With that being said, we don't know what this actually /means/ in the terms of Index. He might not even be in Ein Sof but part of the third tree. Going 'beyond Keter' may have just been him stepping outside that tree and into the territory of Ein Sof to create the tree, or he could still be part of such while maintaining it. Of course, this is all in a metaphysical and knowledge sense in itself. It's not as if Accel is High 1-A or anything like that so it's probably in the metaphorical and in the sense of meaning. However, I fully believe he's reached Ein Sof or at least can tap into it. Following Nuit, Will is the most likely candidate to be said thelematic diety due to her being one with Space-time and the universe now, and Accel wielding that power means he's "The One Who Wields The Power Of God" Along with that, Ein Sof itself is said to also be God in itself.

Now this isn't combat applicable whatsoever, nor may it even be what happened in general aside from going Beyond Keter. That's just my interpretation of it due to what lies beyond it. After all, to be outside the tree would be in Ein Sof, and it'd make sense why he could establish a new hierachy of laws if he were not in such a realm in the first place.

It's really just fun theorizing and food for thought and I quite enjoy the symbolish behind his ascensions and any further more he has.

@Accel420

Theories are sometimes the best thing about Novels like Index because there's so much you can theorize about, espeically with all the Thelemic and Kabbalah. I think it's certainly possible that Accel has entered into Ein Sof. I certaintly wouldn't rule it out that is for sure.

Will as Nuit makes a lot of sense though.

Malox is probably realistically correct, but there's nothing ruling it out that he won't reach it. Even with his Third Tree, his desire is to keep climbing until he learns 'everything' and that in turn is reaching True SYSTEM and 'understanding God', which is reaching Ein Sof. As it is now he has either touched upon or gained knowledge close to it, or is still ascending. It'll probably be easier for him to ascend there on the Third Tree than on the other Trees to begin with. Even if it may not have happened, there's nothing saying it won't since it seems to be what Kamachi is going for. With that being said though, Ein Sof also seems to relate itself to Kakine. 'infinity and eternity'. An infinite source of Dark Matter that doesn't exist--- nonexistence. Seems pretty in line with Ein Sof? It might be he pulls Matter from that metaphysical plane or something, he does have the name 'The One Who Touched The Territory of God'.

Whether I am right or wrong doesn't matter. It's the journey of theorizing and loving how it can possibly connect that matters.

I always wondered how plot-relevant Accel and Kakine's Epithets were. Power and Territory of God, huh? I agree with Accelerate420, it matches up with Ein Sof very closely. Seems a bit too perfect to be a coincidence. My money is on Kamachi foreshadowing, we know he loves to do that a lot.

I mean, we already knew Touma's Epithet was important because of the IT, Crowley, MG's, and Anna Sprengel. I want these plot points to be addresed already dammit.

I don't think Touma's/IT's Epithet has anything to do with Ein Sof, that much we can rule out, and is probably related to Hadit. But in that respect, Accelerator also shares similarities as well to Hadit for being One with Will who basically, at the moment, embodies Nuit. It's probably related to something else entirely. Perhaps Hadit isn't meant to be one entity in Index, but entities who embody what he's meant to be. I don't believe Nuit or Hadit will ever become actual characters but there will be chars the embody their concept, like Will, Accel and Touma.

That being said though, I still have much to read regarding Thelema and Qabalah, BUT. If I had to guess, IT or the serpents could be Nechustan. That's just a theory and I can't really back it up aside from them bearing a resemblance to eachother. I still have much to read in terms of Thelema and the Crowley Occult section so I'm at a loss for what IT could be. I've seen theories on what the Eggs could be but I myself have no comment on them as of right now.

I noticed some of the Accel abilitiy additions haven't been added yet either, but I'm guessing the revisions are on hold or something.

Malox1696 said:
on 545 page one of her ability is called Ice Tornado: , that's wrong it's just trash tornado
Actually that the Ice Tornado is right, it was actually referred to as a Winter Tornado. Trash Tornado is also right though as she uses the trash in the area, in this case the unnecessary items to create that said tornado. It's very likely she can create other types of Tornado's but in this case she created an Ice/Winter Tornado, a winter diaster.

Accelerate420 said:
I noticed some of the Accel abilitiy additions haven't been added yet either, but I'm guessing the revisions are on hold or something.
I'll bump the page see if that helps.

They aren't on hold, they just go nowhere because no one can unlock profiles to do anything. We usually can't do anything unless Lazyhunter or DontTalk replies either.

Scrlk666777 said:
Actually that the Ice Tornado is right, it was actually referred to as a Winter Tornado. Trash Tornado is also right though as she uses the trash in the area, in this case the unnecessary items to create that said tornado. It's very likely she can create other types of Tornado's but in this case she created an Ice/Winter Tornado, a winter diaster.
yes but like this, it makes people think she has power over ice, while it's just what's considered "trash"

Malox1696 said:
Scrlk666777 said:
yes but like this, it makes people think she has power over ice, while it's just what's considered "trash"
You do have a point there.

So checking the page for the new Toaru mobile game, I've noticed they have new full-body character art. We can probably replace a few images for OT characters that never got good concept designs images from Haimura like Izzard, Kuroko or Sherry. These ones also appear to be better than some of the images we currently got that come from the anime designs like Ouma's, Kazakiri's or Laura/Lola's.

Apparently you can also right click the character portrait in the page I linked and open the link in a new tab, where you can just "right click + save image as" the render like normal.

Are we rating Tsurigane as Street level and thus upgrade Kuroko's AP to that? We can also update the page's image since the current one is early OT art.

Kamachi gives two or three parter novels regular novel numbers, so this might have some extra gimmick. Kind of hard to speculate what without even a short summary to help.

Miki: "Kamachi, you can't just keep pumping out novels of the same series, the number gets too high. Please end NT so you can make part 3, it's too confusing for the fans."

Kamachi: "Yes yes very good, HOWEVER. -NEW TESTAMENT VOLUME 22 ELETRIC BOOGALOO-"

I really hope it's a continuation of NT 22. It ended on a bit of a cliffhanger with Anna, IT and IB as well as new paths being set out with Hamazura deciding to not return to Academy City and essentially being a fugitive. Accel becoming the director of Academy City and having to fix the mess that Aleister left. Aleister in Coronzon's body and what they will do in the background. I need to know What happened to Mikoto and Othinus and finally the hype around IT and Touma.

Back