• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 7

https://pastebin.com/pPvqqqJ1

This part is interesting.

Accel: That wasn't a black hole. I only amplified the ship's vectors and converted them into absorption.

We have to wait for the actual images themselves but it looks like Accel can create something that is similar to a black hole but it's not as deadly as it only absorps whatever the target is. This is only a guess though since we don't have the actual imaginary yet.

Actually with this application he can get around 0eople too fast for him to hit as he can just pull them in 1 place

Only if they stop in a single place time enough to him to do this, but i thought he already had a similar feat, i remember people arguing he could incap someone via stopping their movements vectors in more than 1 Vs. Thread.

Btw, i will ask this again, shouldn't we add resistance to MGs passive hax to Aleister?

Now that I have seen the pictures that go with the script. I wonder if Arata gets his inspiration from Naruto. Accelerator has now mastered rasengan, chidori and shinra tensei in just properly an hour. I'm joking of course

It's pretty crazy though that this is Accelerator at his weakest, he's doing some seriously complex stuff.

@Dragnoir

Wasn't there a thread about that?

Well, Accel is still 5B is this version, so i'm not really impressed.

I remember a thread about MGs resisting each others, but idk if Aleister resisting their passives was also rejected there.

It isn't that i only care about tier, but in the manga Accel is just an edgelord that no one can defeat, so i want to at least see he doing great scale things against great scale enemies, or battles (with Accel) being a important thing that doesn't happen until the climax of an arc. Or maybe a slice of life with him and Last Order and no one else, i would read it.

It's not about the enemies he's facing though, it's about the things he's doing with his vector manipulation that he's doing while at his weakest. The enimies are nothing but canon fodder and let's face it there's not many who can give Accelerator a proper fight without it being a stomp in either way in Toaru. So I've always been more interested in what his ability can actually do than his win record against lower or higher fodder characters. Of course it's always impressive when he can fight on par or even defeat someone who is high tier. Reflecting Coronzon's attack and fighting one on one with a magic god (nerfed of course) and later Elizard who is more or less saint tier is impressive stuff.

Accelerator's ability is so versailile though and there's so much he can do with his ability that it's always good to see it being done even if it is against low level fodder.

Tbh Accelerator is one of my favourite characters but his fights can be a bit borig since they are very one sided for the most part. There's very few who can give him a good fight and even now I'm struggling. I mean in Toaru. By fight I mean something that won't be a stomp.

He is one of the best character of ToAru, but his battles (in and out of the verse) are boring: "He can reflect? Yes? Then incon because he can't kill or stomp because the other can't kill him" or "He can reflect? No? Incon if the other doesn't start with it, stomp if he does", this happens even in-verse.

When Accel was 7B, he was at least funny to use in matches, and Fiamma was the boring guy, but now the roles are reversed, at least to me.

I never thought Accel's power itself was boring, in fact it can be quite interesting but it's not good if you want a really good battle. Most of the conversation always centers around whether X can get past his reflection. Sometimes it can be quite a debate but it's pretty much the same debate.

Most of the "boring"-ness comes from his Reflection, which is admittedly a yes/no question. But his Vector Control is what's really interesting. It's so ridiculously versatile it can mimic dozens of different powers. The diversity aspect is what really appeals to people, not the raw firepower.

That's the reason why Accel learning about magic is such an interesting character arc, since it allows his powers to expand in more 'unique' ways then just dishing out physical damage. Besides, he's not the only character with a yes/no dynamic. Kumugawa, GER, and Shiki Ryougi come to mind.

Before reading GT1, i thought Accel would start a "journey" across the world to learn more about magic... which i still think is a better way of removing him from the fights than jail, but whatever.

Who said he is being removed from the fights though? I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just because of where GT1 ended.

I agree with Destiny though. Vector control itself isn't boring and is actually a very interesting power that pretty much doesn't have much limits. I think we will see more with Accelerator and magic.

I don't think he will be in jail in GT2, but if he will be fighting in the next volumes until he goes to jail, what is the point of him not fighting in GT1?

The point of GT1 was to show that Accelerator was willing to put his trust in Academy city to deal with the darkside and also protect Last Order. It was to test that theory and test his own restraint of just wanting to deal with the problem himself. That has pretty much been shown.

However there are a couple of ways where Accelerator is put in a situation where he has no choice.

One is that while his resolved worked in GT1, it could crumble at any time, espeically if Academy City does fail in protecting themselves against the darkside.

Two is some idiots from the DS going after Accelerator himself and let's face it there will more than likely be a couple who will attempt this.

Three and I think this is the most likely one that will force Accel into fighting is the situation with Anna and R&C. The magic app has the potential to be a huge threat, espeically to the lives of Espers. As chairman of the board and basically the now new leader of the Science side, he may not have any choice but to put his plans on hold for a little while to deal with the immediate threat.

Is their any revisions that need doing for GT1? I think most of established characters didn't do anything new. Do you think we should make a profile for Maidono though? I was going to do a CRT but I'm not sure.

Well, i think we don't have enough information, so all your 3 possibilities and any other saying he will go to jail and never come back are all valid. Btw, i think Coraister (Crowzon? Alola? Lauraister?) are better opponents for Anna and R&C than Accel, but this is just me probably. And a profile for Maidono would be good, we know the name of her power btw?

He's definately coming back, if you mean by will he be seen again. His new designs pretty much points to that fact. Him going to jail doesn't mean he will never be seen again. It only means he will be in jail. that is all.

You are basically underestimating Accelerator here. Why am I not surprised? He would make a fine opponant.

Seriously though......

Yea a page for Maidono, that board member, can prob start on Anna TBH, and some minor tweaks to existing chars(Fairy Othinus standard equip for Touma?, at least billion volts for Mikoto etc)

Do you think I should have Maidono at High 8-C for being able to crush two 50 story sky scapers or put the possibility of 7-C since it was mentioned that her power out put is greater than that of Mikoto's. I would go with the former than the latter since it has actual feat and it's pretty much said that was her limit.

Scaling to Mikoto is weird due to how we treat lightning energy so it's probably gonna end up in the Tier 8 range.

I'm not talking about power, i want Crowzon to fight Anna because she has more relation with Aleister than she has with Accel, and because i refuse to want until the Secret Chiefs show themselves to have a fight with Crowzon.

Othinus as "equip" for Touma should be a thing since NT.

Touma will more than likely fight Anna. Aleister is unlikely to be involved at least for quite a while anyway. This is meant to be a new era where the new generation deals with stuff so it's likely that Touma, Accelerator, Hamazura, Mikoto etc. etc. etc. will deal with the Anna and R&C threat, at least for the time being.

Zensum

Okay I will keep it at High 8-C. This is just a quick summery but let me know if there's anything that I missed.

Powers and Abilities: Telekinesis and Air Manipulation.

AP: High 8-C

Durability: Normal Human, however can use her telekinesis to reflect attacks.

Speed: Normal Human (TS), S or SS (RS) (can react to Mikoto's railgun which is said to be as fast as 3 times the speed of sound)

Lifting strength: Class G (can lift 100,000 tons)

weaknesses: Can only use her telekinesis on in-animated objects. She can't use it on living beings such as humans and most likely animals. Can only use her telekinesis in her index fingers.

Back