• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toaru Majutsu no Index Discussion Thread 7

No, actually, since all my options to who was the "science character using magic" JS06 mentioned didn't even show up in GT1, Neoka was the obvious choice. Btw, his magic is probably one of the most strange in the series.

Well it was just bootleg golden magic. Nothing too unique or crazy.

Speaking of him, we could prob make his profile next too.

To answer your question Dragnoir no we don't, while each use of a Phase can rewrite the world on an universal scale, it's still the same uniniverse.

"Phase: A Phase is a layer applied over the world, in this context referring to the entire universe or reality itself, which acts like a veil or filter, and changes how the world appears to be. Several layers exist in the world, with many of them having been created by religions through unknown means."

Something that changes how the entire universe (isn't the universe also a phase? Since the Pure World is the real thing with no phases) is and the rules of reality seems like a layered multiverse, which i think is a tier 2 thing in the new system.

no the world is the world , it's like layer of photo shops , each phases don't interact most of the time (apart from sparks) but they change the final picture by being layered 1 over the other

what is perceived as reality is the staking of all of them, with the latest phase taking precedence (like photoshop)

pure world is the base layer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRFBOcxjkQU

Basically the World is like an onion and the different layers of the onion are the different Phases that is placed on the World, One world, One Timeline.

Yeah, so Touya has the strongest (non H1C) spell in the verse, or has someone else changed 2 Phases laws like Angel Fall did?

it's literally photoshops layers MGs just create new layers every time they change phases so the final img changes, IB instead deletes the changes in the layer it's in and can be used to delete and entire layer with the right knowledge

unlike Normal magic layer changing doesn't interact with the real world directly , while magic is on the same plane as IB so it can be negated (similar to higher and lower dimension)

technically the law were already distorted before angel fall,

but fiamma did change them back and prob aleister when he summoned aiwass and with imaginary number district

Are you sure Angel Fall wasn't what distorted them in the first place?

Would the phases be tier 2 affect their profiles in anyway? Oh right, they can't be tier 2 since we don't know their size, someone said it in that Fiamma thread.

Nah, Fiamma said that Angel Fall was the result of the Elemental Distortion, not the cause. The distortion of the 4 elements happened an unspecified time ago. It's the reason why Uriel was twisted into having the attributes of wind, and I'm pretty sure Vento has been aligned with Uriel as a member of GRS long before the series started. It's clearly not a recent phenomenon.

angel fall did change stuff too maybe even deeper than phases as it inverted the tree hierarchy

but still it's not really power

no he needs to have a profile he made misaka look like a jk with just normal means

reddit magician just cheated

Btw, what do you think will be the enemy in GT2? Maybe a minor fight with Anna? Another AC invasion? I would really like Hamazura to be the main character in GT2, we all know he is the true hero.

I think a lot of things will carry on from GT1 so the likeliest enemy would be Anna but Touma could be a possibility to, depending on what Anna has done to him.

XDragnoir said:
Btw, what do you think will be the enemy in GT2? Maybe a minor fight with Anna? Another AC invasion? I would really like Hamazura to be the main character in GT2, we all know he is the true hero.
Truer words have yet to be spoken.

Scrlk666777 said:
I like Hamazura's character but I think he's better in smaller doeses dealing with the smaller things. Like he did in WW3.
I can get behind that. But I find it hard not to root for him in any situation. He's like the ultimate underdog out of the three.

I would have agreed with that a long time ago but lately he's not so much of an underdog anymore. On his own maybe, compared to Touma and Accelerator in that department he certaintly is an underdog but that is more than made up by the fact that he has Shiageluck, two nerfed magic Gods, an ex Golden dawn Member, a level 5, someone who can basically track anyone supernatural and his own Mina.

Wasn't Anna eating sample shoggoth in NT22R? I thought this is what she had in her mouth when she kissed Touma.

Kinda, Shoggoth is just Dark Matter, programmed to act parasitic. St. Germain, the pill itself, is composed of bacteria/microbes that prime the brain for induction of the S.G ideology.

I'm sure Anna did this for something memory related cause it's Touma.

Aleister's "at least 7-A" rating comes from scaling, I think. He doesn't have many feats with regular spells, but I think we agreed he should be noticeably stronger than top magicians like Leivinia Birdway, Knight Leader or non-Saint Acqua, which are Saint level.

I'm thinking of updating Arei's page with the new equipment she has shown and the info we got about her power (name and level). Looking at Kuroko we could also update her equipment and mention she defeated a weakened Arei. I think it might be best to separate the standard equipment we know she usually has on her person (darts, handcuffs, phone, healing gel) and the optional things she has only shown on occasion or when she had prep on the situation or her opponent (sound jammers, speakers, satellite-link eyepiece, etc).

Most spells i remember Aleister using are either way above 7A or not direct attacks, then... his 7A is for generic spells? Also, shouldn't Matthers be 5B because of his fight with Aleister and being able to summon Coronzon?

Being able to summon Demons and Angels don't atomatically mean they are the same level as them. If it did then Touya would also be 6-B due to summoning Gabriel or Sasha would be 6-B due to being able to house an Angel. Them summoning Corozon happened when during the Golden age and I doubt no one would believe they are at that level during that point.

Touya can't summon Gabriel on his own, and the version of Gabriel that possessed Sasha wasn't the 6B one, and... Mathers is 6B because he can summon a 6B and fight with a 5B, which doesn't makes sense.

Chapter 5 biohacker already translated. It seems that Beginning Child power is evniromental alteration. She can alter enviroment on her surroundings so it will be suited to designated creature. Also, it mentioned in LN that she could change her surroundings to black hole or big bang but she still survive on that enviroment.

Back