• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 10 anime verses on this wiki

An idea I got from Uniasha and besides top strongest, I would want to see top anime so lets go If this is too hard then can we also name the top 5 anime verses - Greatly appreciated

I mean, Alovenas aside, all of those have anime, and Tengen Toppa is in fact a series that started as an anime first before getting adaptations to other media.

You can make strong, good characters, it's just most people don't and you end up with either A. utter edge or B. mary sue.

Ehhh.

No, I know plenty of great characters/fictions above Tier 7

HD Òé©ÒâºÒé©Ò⺠• JoJo Stardust Crusaders - Joseph trolling Jotaro
HD Òé©ÒâºÒé©Ò⺠• JoJo Stardust Crusaders - Joseph trolling Jotaro

@Bambu OR your character is strong but he isn't focused on his power in verse and his character (and verse) focuses more on fun and platforming.

An example of this is Mario

OR your character's power can set the plot and drive many events in the story, building up key events and relations among your characters which can cause important character arcs and events

An example of this is Thanos

EmperorRorepme said:
Anything beyond Tier 7 tends to be trash in fiction anyway...
Sound like you had a bad experience with the verse that have tier 7 above. Which series did you watched ? i'm asking just so that i can stay away from it.

I mean, A video game, I think will not get flamed too much for being too powerful or too strong, Like for example maybe visual novels - prove me if I am wrong (I think I am but idk)

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
OR your character is strong but he isn't focused on his power in verse and his character (and verse) focuses more on fun and platforming.
An example of this is Mario
Ehhh no. Mario isn't really a character, he's some bits of a personality that you can control. Mario isn't a character in the sense that he says anything or we look into his life in any way. He just does fun things because game.

Your premise is sound enough, if you don't focus on the power and more on your particular theme, then yeah, sure, you can make a good character powerful. But Mario's just one-dimensional. I think the Cthulhu Mythos is a better example of an extremely powerful verse whose intention was more on horror rather than "omg look at my 9182 layers of transcendence!!!!!!"

RicardoSama said:
I mean, A video game, I think for not get flamed for being too powerful or too strong, Like for example maybe visual novels - prove me if I am wrong (I think I am but idk)
Alot of us here probally wont make profiles or support for the verses if we dont actually enjoyed it.

Yeah, So I think that is the easiest way (Visual Novels) to not get flamed via their powers shown within - For example Idk - Umineko no Naku Koro ni.

I think I am utterly wrong, idk. Maybe video games general

@Ricardo i think the best way is to experiences it for yourself. Try a visual novel, Tokyo Babel is my personal recommendation, it's characters are really lovable, the humour is great and the fight scenes alway give me a goosebumb

VNs are good if you like to read with visuals...but when you realise the plot is generally as rudimentary as it gets it definitely ruins the experience...

Visual Novel anime tend to be bad because its nigh impossible to adapt what actually makes those VNs good. Grand and detailed writing. Umineko and Dies Irae suffers both from that.

Umineko became this halfassed murder mistery anime where cases were solved by lulmagic, character motivation, barely understandable due to lack of expositions that the VN could deliver plenty of

Dies Irae had it even worse, Uminekos production value was okay at least, good animation and visuals. But DI? Man, i have never seen such clunky animations since Mars of freaking destruction.

And dont get me started on the Demonbane anime...

Grand battle visual novels never work as anime...

Back