• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top 15 Strongest Non-Smurfs for Every Tier Continuation

Uriel killed Uriel? Uriels own profile verbatim says mid godly so what's up with that?

I'll drop this because of obvious reasons but PLEASE someone fix Uriels profile. The formatting is unreadable, layers just outright aren't listed anywhere, and stuff like this seems to contradict itself. The profile seems completely unusable for anyone not familiar with the verse which kinda defeats the point of the profile 💀 .
I was referrring to Dark scheinder (which canonically beat Uriel ass...Twice)

Mujins should be type 3 concept as well but idk how the types work on the wiki. Hence why I asked how Uriels CM works but didn't get an answer 💀
If it is not type 1 then Mujin cannot resist.

The madness seems to be a result of Fear and Mujin has layered resistance to fear manip (my lazy ass just didn't make a blog for it yet).

Although idk how is madness manip is treated on the wiki, and GoH fear might count for madness hax as well, but I didn't have time for that yet.
It doesn't matter.

Resisting fear doesn't make you resist madness and neither does the opposite.

So no matter how many layers of fear resistance Mujin has, he will go crazy.

Resisting fear doesn't make you resist madness and neither does the opposite.

So no matter how many layers of fear resistance Mujin has, he will go crazy.
I genuinely don't understand how the wiki treats madness manip ngl. 99% of the time I see madness manip it just like the victim goes mad out of fear, but somehow they're treated as 2 completely separate things

I genuinely don't understand how the wiki treats madness manip ngl. 99% of the time I see madness manip it just like the victim goes mad out of fear, but somehow they're treated as 2 completely separate things
Here's the thing.

Sometimes it happens through plain mind Manipulation, sometimes it happens through fear, sometimes it's just "goes mad", etc etc etc.

Fear is NOT the only cause of madness in fiction and to say otherwise is plain foolish.

The profile seems completely unusable for anyone not familiar with the verse which kinda defeats the point of the profile 💀 .
bro im not familiar with the verse but i can understand the profiles just fine

also Mujin should at least be above asura and nipponverse characters

Here's the thing.

Sometimes it happens through plain mind Manipulation, sometimes it happens through fear, sometimes it's just "goes mad", etc etc etc.

Fear is NOT the only cause of madness in fiction and to say otherwise is plain foolish.
Yeah I understand. Obviously making someone go mad through something like mind hax or whatever is different from just being scary.

But like the justification on Uriels profile is literally "his fight induced terror" with a panel of someone being scared. Yet it's somehow madness manip and not fear manip. When terror is by definition extreme fear.

bro im not familiar with the verse but i can understand the profiles just fine
Suuure
also Mujin should at least be above asura and nipponverse characters
No idea about that. I didn't read through the profiles yet
Layers don't need to be listed, if people don't want to read thats on them
What? That's like saying "abilities and stats don't need to be listed, if people don't want to read the series that's on them"…
The point of a profile is for people to have an idea of what the characters can do without doing some hard-core extensive research.

The layers should be at least easy to find and understand. They're often times even more important than stats which are on the profiles.

But like the justification on Uriels profile is literally "his fight induced terror" with a panel of someone being scared. Yet it's somehow madness manip and not fear manip. When terror is by definition extreme fear.
No you're definitely ignoring the rest that's said.

"An incommensurable rage and sadness. The terror has taken over everyone and everything. The balance has disappeared"

The rage and sadness are unable to be measured by regular standards, so its already something beyond basic rage and sadness. It's then spreading all over the Earth, causing the balance of it to disappear. I don't know anything about Bastard!! but that don't sound like regular fear manip lol

No you're definitely ignoring the rest that's said.

"An incommensurable rage and sadness. The terror has taken over everyone and everything. The balance has disappeared"

The rage and sadness are unable to be measured by regular standards, so its already something beyond basic rage and sadness. It's then spreading all over the Earth, causing the balance of it to disappear. I don't know anything about Bastard!! but that don't sound like regular fear manip lol
Yeah so their fight made people afraid, angry, and sad. That doesn't even sound like hax.

If I were to hijack a plane and were to fly it into a kindergarten I'm pretty sure the passengers would also feel rage, sadness, and fear. Doesn't give me some special "madness manipulation"

Chen Qi shouldn't be number 1 for 3-A anymore
the person who created Chen Qi's profile said he's fine with Lindon and Satan being above Chen Qi because the verses hax has not been evaluated yet so they layer stomp
it should be:
1. Wei Shi Lindon
2. Satan
3. Chen Qi

Tensei Slime characters shouldn't be that high for 2c. DMC top tiers like mundus, vergil, and dante have nine layers of passive madness hax, and characters from anima gate characters(not just mundus) have 16 layers of hax and tied with touhou characters.

Tensei Slime characters shouldn't be that high for 2c. DMC top tiers like mundus, vergil, and dante have nine layers of passive madness hax, and characters from anima gate characters(not just mundus) have 16 layers of hax and tied with touhou characters.
They still dont have 2-A range so sorry

They still dont have 2-A range so sorry
That 2a range is specifically for their immortality, which is practically useless when characters from DMC are passively inducing madness upon them, a notable win con that would likely lead to them committing suicide. As for characters from anima gate, magic for beings who are gnosis 35 and above is 10-16 layers, so even basic death hax generated by a gnosis 35 would screw them over.

That 2a range is specifically for their immortality, which is practically useless when characters from DMC are passively inducing madness upon them, a notable win con that would likely lead to them committing suicide. As for characters from anima gate, magic for beings who are gnosis 35 and above is 10-16 layers, so even basic death hax generated by a gnosis 35 would screw them over.
Open a vsthread, let's play. I don't talk too much

Prime Soul King for a free spot in Low 2-C. I believe he can be higher on the list, but I don't feel like debating about it right now. I'm not entirely sure about 3-B and 3-A though as I don't know if Soul King's Almighty is still considered as 4-D or not. I know its range was downgraded, but I'm not sure if its dimensionality was downgraded alongside it.

Brethren Moons for a free spot in 5-C. I think they should be capable of defeating Doom with their abilities, but like before, I don't feel like having that debate right now.

I mean you’re free to make one but I’ve already explained how it’s gonna go.
I am not the one who have a problem with our placing so i am not obligated to create a thread, YOU ARE, if you have issues with a verse placing then YOU should solve the problem

In the strongest characters thread, anima characters are tied with touhou characters at number 5, dmc guys have multiple layers of passive madness hax accepted as of recently that would hinder any kind of action of their opponent 2a immortality or not . You’re arguing something that’s pretty clear.

What? That's like saying "abilities and stats don't need to be listed, if people don't want to read the series that's on them"…
The point of a profile is for people to have an idea of what the characters can do without doing some hard-core extensive research.

The layers should be at least easy to find and understand. They're often times even more important than stats which are on the profiles.
No, what, layers are something external to the indexing of a profile, sure you can choose to include it, but there is no need to, and no it is no way comparable to not listing justifications or stats, layers are external to the justifications and only come up in matches, we index first, debate second

And they are, most profiles will just include them in their justifications or on a verse page but will never explicitly say it because that shit breaks the flow of reading, so once again, if people don't want to read, that's on them

GOnna toss in Maple for 9-A (maybe 8-A): https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Maple_(BOFURI)

Her defenses are perhaps the most broken for her tier. Prior to Devour being limited to 10 uses a day, the technique can be used to absorb literally anything that comes her way. Physical attacks, magic, projectiles, anything that hits her wouldn't do jack to her. This isn't even mentioning all of Maple's other abilities.

Back