• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Toppo vs Darkseid (GRACE)

Vizer04

He/Him
fan_art_dbs___toppo_hakaishin_by_crakower_ddt6wrn-fullview.jpg
7040091-jdbknnq.jpg

Both at Low 2-C and Speed Equalized.

Toppo: 8 (@FluffyCreatureZ, @sanicspood, @TauanVictor, @Pokemonfan807, @Shizuka, @Knifeman29, @Spinoirr and @BetterThanYou)

Darkseid:

Inconclusive:

Last edited:
Depending on the results (if it is a stomp) this will be officially the last battle i'm gonna make with Toppo.

CAN Darkseid get around Toppo's Existence Erasure Hakai Aura?

He has his Genius Intelligence & 18 Divine Senses, so he might know what's going on.
He has his Omega Beams, which track, & energy blasts from his hands.
He could banish Toppo with a Boom Tube, or use Boom Tubes to summon the forces of Apokolips, presuming they're accessible in the match's circumstances.

He has these:
Energy Absorption (Gained power by absorbing the powers of Old Gods), Life Force Absorption (Absorbed life force from Wonder Woman and returned to adulthood by absorbing all of Zeus' life force)
Could those let him absorb or gain the power of the hakai, or not die from it? Or drain Toppo to death? Or heal him?

Also this:
Gravity Manipulation and Space-Time Manipulation (Can generate a gravitational pull so strong that space is twisted and time is stretched, so days pass with each second; Physically opened a hole in space)

Dunno if he can use that Gravity Manip to kill, but if it's altering time, would the gravity be sufficient to negate Toppo's durability & kill him? Or distort time in Darkseid's favor?

There's also this:
Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1 - Captured the Black Racer and learned to summon and direct it)

Since the Black Racer is an aspect of death, apparently, could Darkseid sic THAT on Toppo to kill him?

Illusion Creation (Disguised himself as an alien medic)
Used well, might be able to deceive Toppo into letting down his aura. Ex: Disguise himself as dead, or an innocent bystander; Darkseid has telepathy, & Toppo is a devout hero.

Also, I dunno if it stops Hakai erasing him, but....
Spatial Manipulation (No-sold the spatial rending caused by boom spheres and survived the collapse of a boom tube around him which caused fractures in the universal fabric, though he needed to recuperate in the Mobius Chamber afterward), Antimatter Manipulation (Unaffected by the matter-destroying properties of antimatter)

& Darkseid is very intelligent, so I'd be confident he'd have a good sense of what to do. Though, I'm not familiar with this version, nor his In-Character behaviour or standard tactics.
Still, I'd hesitate to call Darkseid "weak".

Since the Black Racer is an aspect of deat
He only collects the souls of the Gods who has fallen in the battlefield. I cannot remember any other instance where he was sent after ordinary opponents aside from the time Darkseid sent him to fight Anti Monitor, but that failed spectacularly. So...

The Black Flash is said to be the same entity as Black Racer. So he only goes after the New Gods and Speedforce bozos. (Kinda forgot why tbh).

The only thing I can see Black Racer doing even if summoned is possessing Toppo. But I believe Toppo can just erase him. (While the Racer can come back from apparent """death""" it's unknown whether he can resist EE).

The only thing I can see Black Racer doing even if summoned is possessing Toppo. But I believe Toppo can just erase him. (While the Racer can come back from apparent """death""" it's unknown whether he can resist EE).
idk if Toppo can erase Black Racer, isnt it a conceptual entity? Also, Black Racer can probably kill Toppo just by touching him

Never showed it in his base form in New 52. Post Flash fusion (aka with some help from ALE), he can. But base form... eh he never showed anything like that.

His absorption is good tho.

Probably life force Absorption, well that is if Toppo doesn't just erase him straight away.

Summoning the Black Racer could also work. Others... Eh, don't think it will grant him anything close to victory.

So is this a stomp or
It seems like Darkseid has win conditions, especially if there's times where Toppo doesn't have a hakai aura up, but even if he doesn't, Darkseid CAN still win.
But how IC his win conditions are, I'm unsure.
(Unimportantly, it's kinda amusing seeing Darkseid be an "underdog" here, lol.)

The Black Flash is said to be the same entity as Black Racer
Can i see scans were?
It seems like Darkseid has win conditions, especially if there's times where Toppo doesn't have a hakai aura up, but even if he doesn't, Darkseid CAN still win.
But how IC his win conditions are, I'm unsure.
(Unimportantly, it's kinda amusing seeing Darkseid be an "underdog" here, lol.)
Has no wincon this is new 52.
He only collects the souls of the Gods who has fallen in the battlefield. I cannot remember any other instance where he was sent after ordinary opponents aside from the time Darkseid sent him to fight Anti Monitor, but that failed spectacularly. So...

The Black Flash is said to be the same entity as Black Racer. So he only goes after the New Gods and Speedforce bozos. (Kinda forgot why tbh).

Black Racer should be far faster than toppo, and his conceptual being just basically death and a touch would tho but Darkseid won't start with that in character due to his pride and also this is also an emanation due to infinite frontier Darkseid statement.

Has no wincon this is new 52.
The powers & abilities I listed above are from:
Which is what the OP linked. So IDK how you figured Darkseid has no achievable win conditions. Is Post-Flashpoint Emanation New 52? & if so, why do you think he has no Win Cons despite posts above, which suggest his Absorption (As OoC as it may be.) may be a win condition?

It's speed equal
The combat speed of that faster character is assumed to be equalized to the combat speed of the slower character. Every other speed the faster character has is reduced by the same multiplier. This includes the speed of any attacks, projectiles, reactions, perception, flight etc.

IDK if that applies to summons (Rules seem unclear on this.), but given that Speed Equalization is a relative multiplier so that techniques normally faster than the user are still relatively faster than the user, then I'd presume if Black Racer would normally be faster than Darkseid, he's still similarly relatively faster than Darkseid here, too.

His absorption needs contact which could erase him by coming in contact with Toppo who has hakai aura on him.

Blackest Night iirc
I've read it and I don't remember such.
Cause I know black flash is shown to be death for speedsters while death racer is death to new gods and only chased barry and wally in final crisis which I can't explain very well.

It's speed equal
His a summoning.
Except he didn't show that in new 52. At least not in a traditional manner
We already know his abilities why would he need to do so in every appearance.

Last edited:
Because that's how stuff works... Especially with reboots and whatnot.

Anyway, about the black racer thing, I will find the source for you tomorrow or something.

How is what how what stuff works?
His death manip. He hasn't shown it in new 52 so we can't assume it works the same way as his pre flashpoint incarnation. While apparently they weren't rebooted in a later retcon, we still don't know if they work in the same way. Because some were rebooted and changed... It's complicated lol

Was this question answered?

Gravity Manipulation and Space-Time Manipulation (Can generate a gravitational pull so strong that space is twisted and time is stretched, so days pass with each second; Physically opened a hole in space)

Dunno if he can use that Gravity Manip to kill, but if it's altering time, would the gravity be sufficient to negate Toppo's durability & kill him? Or distort time in Darkseid's favor?

Also, would Darkseid be likely to try Boom-Tube BFR-ing Toppo & be able to succeed? Especially considering his Illusion Creation & Gravity Manipulation?

Just read the book again and his fatal touch could damage anti-monitor easily.
And could also easily kill darkseid.

Back