• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Infinite Speed Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The text says: "This place is between the false moon and earth. That endless corridor just now was a false passage that connects the two"
You are arguing semantics to an obscene extent here. Between them doesn't automatically mean it stops directly at the false moon.

And even then it doesn't matter!

Her powers are what link space-time together into creating an infinite corridor. The distance between both locations is irrelevant when her powers are creating a corridor within that distance that they must pass through. And guess what? Said corridor is consistently described as infinite in more than one entry in the series.

It's not really a pocket dimension, but yeah that's basically the gist of it.

When you break through all the semantics and headcanons it becomes pretty clear just how simple this feat is.

Considering how the arguments against both infinite speed feats have devolved into misrepresenting the context and actual events that transpired, while also ignoring our debunks while not providing scans or evidence for their downgrade, can this necro'd thread please get closed?? Or at the very least, can people wait until a proper summary is made?
Agreed.

No scans from the opposition, just headcanons and misreadings of the text. Given how there are literally discussion rules about how CRTs need evidence, and the opposition has not provided any, this can probably just be closed outright.
Threads don't get closed just because you want them to be, or because you deem the arguments involved "dishonest".

You are arguing semantics to an obscene extent here. Between them doesn't automatically mean it stops directly at the false moon.
Maybe so, but it does mean that the "relevant" distance they actually crossed is finite, if we're assuming the corridor takes a path "through" the Earth and the false moon.

And even then it doesn't matter!

Her powers are what link space-time together into creating an infinite corridor. The distance between both locations is irrelevant when her powers are creating a corridor within that distance that they must pass through. And guess what? Said corridor is consistently described as infinite in more than one entry in the series.
What's actually irrelevant is the notion that the corridor is "infinite", if we're assuming it goes "through" the earth and false moon. Because then, there's no reason in particular to assume there's actually an infinite space "scrunched up" inside the Eientei estate regardless.

So what i understand that she creates a kinda of pocket dimension of infinte size half way trough the earth and moon... if i am correct why did it take so much time to understand damn we even have a character who whole gimick is practically that
We don't rate Satoru Gojo as particularly "infinite" in any stat-based way, though.

They work in a similar way tho "A creates a space who contains space toomfolery" like a blackhole in a weird way

When you break through all the semantics and headcanons it becomes pretty clear just how simple this feat is.
Well, yes. And it's simply not "infinite".

They work in a similar way tho "A creates a space who contains space toomfolery" like a blackhole in a weird way
So you're saying that they're both based on space manipulation, particularly in the context of creating a "molded/warped space" within the wider space of the universe..

Which means that bypassing them doesn't necessarily require literally infinite speeds in either case.

As requested, a recap of the feats, their counterarguments, and the counter-counterarguments.

Kaguya’s Corridor Crossing:

In Imperishable Night, there are two final stages: Final Stage A is the route that automatically triggers on one’s first playthrough, while Final Stage B is the ‘real’ final stage. As it is intended for the player to go through Final Stage A first, it is in fact canon, which is important as this is where the corridor crossing feat comes in.

There are two locations to make note of here: Eientei, the primary setting of Imperishable Night, and the sealed chamber surrounding the earth. As is shown in earlier stages, the protagonists start on ground level when heading to Eientei (or just barely above it, as they’re barely above the trees).

In Final Stage A, the protagonists start within a corridor. A few statements are made by the characters such as “This corridor is strange. It can’t possibly be this long” and “I can’t see an end to this corridor!” which implies the corridor is more than it seems.

Once the protagonists reach the end, they exit into what seems to be space. Here Eirin tells them that this location and the earth (ground level) was separated by a corridor.

So from this, we can conclude that the protagonists crossed the entirety of a corridor of a certain length in order to reach a secondary location; if we can determine that the corridor is infinite, this would obviously grant infinite speed.

This is very easy;

Eirin tells Yukari and Reimu that the corridor is endless.
MwhXFA_LJT8xybIAt36MxuQLllJMhL-5YEcm6PK7sa7h0HXZ7Sx5T-DCGR9lx7Gkb88uBDwZq15QbXMB8v64Xm7k3_0zTJ9y-ih6-opdyWoaCUcf-evF-wmytGtr5re6InOcnnA1

She also refers to it as an ‘eternal’ corridor.
6RnIba5rNUs1dsva_vnf9U-sB4Vvt5funtkaFDZfOP9q3f45ToO-OxEVeDOq7iSMw6ZtvYe8o3y2wc9BQBSothyfWQDE3hVinghW_O2O6VkuKk0xls5BrTdvlnuO9X7GS8kWE_DZ

Then, in Antinomy of Common Flowers, Miko comes across the same corridor. Here’s where the bulk of the infinite size evidence comes from; the corridor is made of infinitely linked pieces of space-time, it’s referred to as infinite on another occasion, and is yet again referred to as endless multiple times.
YD3qdWOPY5oZjcEOJWQqo5Erpdg7IWQNV0XIlQysq4ItCNbUEf_R64rMrXKQNH4HIfcM7ItQ63IXhbRWQCL6_YJQ3v2RyV7pzOJ9aIKk6ztviNV-ElQzIt0aDjkgBdluqoPGzCJw

uSQLmMe2o78jWNjlVFs0DOtl8bzJGBn9r4Nr_sA1gqmUsCkyHBgrEqViDD40uXAN0xvnaleZSJzDgeLwACr6MeUEcBW7U7nofLgsFhASomIhkidycN_tXccYCBk2bcsrx9gtZeEQ

LUpu3Z7hqgtJTa9XDK2dftokU1tv4e5DcVw9Ol_11sfxYifcHO9sXNwmdMa67kz8a_x2lMtCbeIaCjLvhCxHcJDdZ-7ocqACrJBqt0bviQobuYf6aYDTSShnUO7Na-b0ivwGEPQy

Finally, in CDS, we learn that Eientei’s corridors are designed to trap people for eternity, once again serving as solid supporting evidence of infinite size.

To illustrate what’s in the text more clearly, here’s a poorly-drawn picture of the full context.
B6dc3CKIyGXGjh_pHTXCebv4766eaWsR9agaz6V8aApL1fwT_5fl-Y_44s1lrs_JItyj02OqmVEfhwSPdfUV40DmhCUc9-8TcNN_PIPLZ-l762fAJ60RjbNlvWxK2RdcDkC9-d2l

In conclusion, the protagonists went from ground level to a space an indeterminate distance away. The distance between the two takes the form of a corridor. Said corridor is very consistently stated to be infinite in size. Therefore, the protagonists crossed an infinite distance in finite time.

For further context, here is Final Stage A in its entirety, as well as the links to all 4 routes.

Now let's address some of the debunks I see come up.

“Kaguya would have no reason to construct an infinite trap if she knew the protagonists have infinite speed”

Thing is, she didn’t know that. Not only has she been completely isolated for centuries, meaning she’s never met the protagonists until now, but in one ending she even expresses surprise at how powerful they were. The text makes it very clear that Kaguya never expected the protags to do as well as they did, so she obviously didn’t know their capabilities beforehand.

“The protagonists don’t treat it as a speed feat”

Well, why would they? No fictional verse is gonna just call out every high end feat in-universe; in fact, they almost never do. The feat happened, and that’s all that matters. In-universe discussion of it isn’t necessary.

“Miko used hax instead of speed to overcome the corridor”

Again, not a debunk. Why bother traveling an infinite distance when you could just **** with space-time? It’s merely a matter of convenience; I could easily walk to the store whenever I want, but if I was given the option the just **** around with space instead, I’d choose that option in a heartbeat.

Palanquin Ship Racing:

In Undefined Fantastic Object, one of the goals early on in the game is to catch up to the Palanquin Ship.
gN8L6IKj4ZM-hLDsSM2_ZDzkfMZvKbaLgEB7Q6UyqVkDtfSDCh_PWN124LIx8dcfOKSlPOy3cMwStSUMKgoWGHdBU-IkzcNOeP74Sws14fYLyt5IQ7VR49SxrQ9LeS0qZ-57SuSP

FO0MmKF8HmPnTxxyN88thVNDNY5HulQCAVjG9CSnALlN9o0s7E778NXunQypDc528cQDTI_LuidK_Q-jFJhp2OvY7ZcqRFG9JJdRiN_ym_ZRCUdm3MpXEm-NwrMFn5mTwk31gZsF

This ship is said to be heading for Hokkai, a realm located at the corner of Makai, which in turn is stated to be infinite. So the ship is traveling to a location at the edge of infinity, meaning infinite speed, and the characters catch up to it.
FPDM0LtL9VJE81ZTQ1ljdQ8rn96cpj_dh23hla8aI21Agx-ioK0EnTEUraTpkfaF90JgWDZg8-5hy4_TkgQ4a9wQ2isQluVVNVh-Y1fYOrZSjv6ObLmMAVN-sWbmXQc9GcYAy9Sq

This is a pretty simple feat compared to the corridor one, so let’s get into the debunks.

“If the characters have infinite speed, why was the ship necessary?”

There is a miasma blocking the entrance to Makai that people cannot cross normally. So stowing away on the ship was required to make it there at all.

“Couldn’t the ship just have stopped or slowed down?”

No. The text outright says it didn’t stop, and it is explicitly compared to a bullet train, which travels to its destination at top speed without stopping or slowing down. The ship is also on autopilot, which makes the idea of it slowing down even less likely.

“‘Corner’ doesn’t have to mean the edge of something”

In this case it does, as the original kanji used for corner (角) ONLY refers to a corner as in the edge of an object.

“The ship was already in Makai when it started, so it didn’t cross the full distance”

No. The ship started in the Underworld, which is a completely separate dimension from Makai. And then again, even if it only crossed half of the distance, remind me again what half of infinity is?

Finally, I would like to point out the common argument of "infinity can't have an edge". We held a staff thread regarding this issue, and it was ultimately decided that edge of infinity feats are here to stay. So please do not use this as a debunk.

TL;DR: Infinite speed explicit and consistent, debunks wrong and bad.

Damn, that was almost exactly an hour, funny how that works out

Well, yes. And it's simply not "infinite".
Funny how not one, not two, but THREE god damn official sources disagree with you on that. Like, c'mon man.

So you're saying that they're both based on space manipulation, particularly in the context of creating a "molded/warped space" within the wider space of the universe..

Which means that bypassing them doesn't necessarily require literally infinite speeds in either case.
If the space is infinite, then crossing it through speed requires infinite speed. Pretty sure this is literally explained on the speed page.

Note: I'm only going to address certain parts of this post, so thats why some parts are deleted.
Doesn't Marisa have gravity manipulation - which is basically just a more limited form of spacetime manipulation anyway - and Sanae have "miracle"/probability manipulation as well? They could have used those to "help" themselves along the way.

As for "nothing in the game signifies" stuff, it's frankly little more that pedantry. We know that they have these abilities, we know that they use these abilties, so why wouldn't they exploit them to make their trip go by just a bit faster?

That's not how it works. Yes, these characters have these abilities. But that doesn't automatically give the ok to slam said abilities into whatever feat you want just to try and use it as supporting evidence. Nothing within the game or even anything in later entries suggests these characters used those two abilities to perform the feat. You're essentially adding things into a template with no valid reasoning besides "Well they HAVE it". You need solid ground to make a claim. Either them mentioning it or at least hinting at it in some way. Neither of which was done.

The "location" isn't "infinite", as they traveled there with clearly finite speed. It's like claiming a character has "infinite" speed because he got to the "edge" of an "infinite" realm, even though he's shown walking there on foot.

How many times do I have to tell you this?

If a character traveled a infinite distance by walking on foot then...? Is that not infinite speed? Walking speed is a thing. I'm pretty sure fictional characters can reach ridiculous speed by simply walking. Outside of that, how does this correlate? The characters are moving at high speeds. Is there even a mention of the ship or characters slowing down? Like, in-universe I mean. Cause I don't think you brought a solid ground besides the one thing people aren't taking seriously. And while you can do whatever you want, that's not really enough to make a side agree or concede. It's not a good debunk, and I'm not sure why you keep using it despite the lack of effect.
As for the bolded, it's little more than an attempt at technicality. If Sakuya was legitimately capable of moving at infinite speed, the text would have just said so.

It wouldn't? Touhou isn't exactly on the nose with what the characters can do. In fact, I can't recall many series that state "Can move at infinite speeds" in contrast to "Faster than Light". The text alone, didn't say anything besides the fact she can reach light speed. A thing that's not really impressive within Touhou giving the characters or attacks they can dish out.

That "speed of light" stuff isn't derailing, because the speed of light stuff represents a hard cap against "infinite speed" Touhou.

It is. This current thread is discussing whether or not the infinite feats are valid. And that has been the discussion prior to the death/revival of this thread. In fact, that's been practically the entire argument between both sides. With one actively defending that, yes. They are valid. Currently the FTL stuff doesn't disprove or approve of the infinity stuff. Because we are discussing the validity of the infinite examples.

Or it could just be some weird spacetime gobbledygook and the space is constantly "stretching". Breaking out of the "infinite corridor", if anything, amounts to little more than space(time) manipulation resistance.

Once again, nothing to suggest that. You're throwing in your interpretation and later on trying to deem yourself as the more likely case. But there's nothing within the entirety of the canon to suggest what you're saying. This is something I've noticed you do like...three times. Two in this post and one in another outside this thread. This isn't a valid argument. Unless there's solid backing to your thesis, you can't really use it to debunk.

Why are you being this weirdly pedantic about word choices? The corridor is said to be a "false passage" connecting the "two", meaning the Earth and the "false moon". There's no reason why some random location out in space would be part of the "two". They're not physically present on the "false moon". Therefore, they're not at the end of the corridor. Simple.

Because the context doesn't suggest that. Eirin wanted to keep the protagonists away. The characters noticed the corridor has ended. And Eirin later on talks about the corridor in the past sense and then refers to the current location as a new location. Signifying the corridor is not the same as the location they were in. In fact, Eirin repeatedly states the characters did indeed make it through. And talked about how the corridor led them to that specific spot. Aka, not the moon itself. Simple.

And, being frank, if the corridor ends at some random spot in outer space, or even at some "false moon" (which, if it's anything like the "real" moon, should be around 384,400 km away from the Earth), then that's, again, proof positive that the corridor isn't actually "infinite". If they were really wanting to push this "infinite" spacetime gobbledygook, they would have just had the corridor be entirely contained within the house (TARDIS-style "bigger on the inside"/"dimension in my closet" trickery, etc.), with no "outs" or "exits" at all.

Being real, I'm not 100% sure how to reply to this. The corridor did indeed end in some random spot, that much is true. We don't even know where the characters are. They traveled the corridor, ended up in some random location where Eirin was waiting. I don't see how this somehow confirms the corridor isn't infinite when it's stated to be so countless of times and the game confirmed the characters did make it through.

Last edited:
Funny how not one, not two, but THREE god damn official sources disagree with you on that. Like, c'mon man.
I'm talking about the supposedly "infinite" speed needed to cross the corridor here. The size of the corridor itself is, at this juncture, irrelevant.

If the space is infinite, then crossing it through speed requires infinite speed. Pretty sure this is literally explained on the speed page.
But they didn't even cross the full "infinite" corridor to begin with, so either way, the feat isn't "infinite".

If a character traveled a infinite distance by walking on foot then...? Is that not infinite speed? Walking speed is a thing. I'm pretty sure fictional characters can reach ridiculous speed by simply walking. Outside of that, how does this correlate? The characters are moving at high speeds. Is there even a mention of the ship or characters slowing down? Like, in-universe I mean. Cause I don't think you brought a solid ground besides the one thing people aren't taking seriously. And while you can do whatever you want, that's not really enough to make a side agree or concede. It's not a good debunk, and I'm not sure why you keep using it despite the lack of effect.
I'm not making these arguments to convince "the other side" here. They'd believe whatever they want to regardless. I'm making these arguments mainly for third parties, which in this context mostly just includes staff.

It wouldn't? Touhou isn't exactly on the nose with what the characters can do. In fact, I can't recall many series that state "Can move at infinite speeds" in contrast to "Faster than Light". The text alone, didn't say anything besides the fact she can reach light speed. A thing that's not really impressive within Touhou giving the characters or attacks they can dish out.
It's not the fact that the relevant scan describes Sakuya as being able to reach lightspeed that's in itself a point of contention. It's the fact that it portrays Sakuya's "lightspeed-ness"/"FTL-ness" as something relatively unique to her, suggesting that even FTL stuff is rather rare in 2hu as a whole.

It is. This current thread is discussing whether or not the infinite feats are valid. And that has been the discussion prior to the death/revival of this thread. In fact, that's been practically the entire argument between both sides. With one actively defending that, yes. They are valid. Currently the FTL stuff doesn't disprove or approve of the infinity stuff. Because we are discussing the validity of the infinite examples.
And the "speed of light" stuff is brought up in the context of whether the "infinite" speed feats are valid. Therefore, they're not "derailing".

I really don't get this weird, rigid pedantry concerning the topic at hand.

Once again, nothing to suggest that. You're throwing in your interpretation and later on trying to deem yourself as the more likely case. But there's nothing within the entirety of the canon to suggest what you're saying. This is something I've noticed you do like...three times. Two in this post and one in another outside this thread. This isn't a valid argument. Unless there's solid backing to your thesis, you can't really use it to debunk.
I didn't say that the "stretching corridor" bit was the more likely case. My main argument right now is that the characters involved never actually traveled an infinite distance, infinite corridor or no.

Please don't misconstrue my arguments like that.

Because the context doesn't suggest that. Eirin wanted to keep the protagonists away. The characters noticed the corridor has ended (Reimu even says so). And Eirin later on talks about the corridor in the past sense and then refers to the current location as a new location. Signifying the corridor is not the same as the location they were in. In fact, Eirin repeatedly states the characters did indeed reach the end. And talked about how the corridor led them to that specific spot. Aka, not the moon itself. Simple.
The context, from what I've seen so far, suggests that the "two" things being "connected" by the corridor where the Earth and the "false moon".

If the corridor was always just meant to lead them to a some random spot in outer space, then it's not infinite, and they don't get "infinite" speed for crossing it. Simple.

Being real, I'm not 100% sure how to reply to this. The corridor did indeed end in some random spot, that much is true. We don't even know where the characters are. They traveled the corridor, ended up in some random location where Eirin was waiting. I don't see how this somehow confirms the corridor isn't infinite when it's stated to be so countless of times and the game confirmed the characters did make it through.
If the corridor led them to some random location in outer space, then it's finite. And all the dialogue in the world means precisely nothing in relation to that.

Simple.

But they didn't even cross the full "infinite" corridor to begin with, so either way, the feat isn't "infinite".
...Yes they did. You literally see them reach the end in the stage itself. Eirin tells them they've reached the end. The characters themselves acknowledge they reached the end.

You evidently did not read my post where I explained how and why they crossed the entire thing. They visibly start their journey on ground level; Y'know, where the corridor starts. And then they fly to the end.

The context, from what I've seen so far, suggests that the "two" things being "connected" by the corridor where the Earth and the "false moon".

If the corridor was always just meant to lead them to a some random spot in outer space, then it's not infinite, and they don't get "infinite" speed for crossing it. Simple.

If the corridor led them to some random location in outer space, then it's finite. And all the dialogue in the world means precisely nothing in relation to that.

Simple.
"The literal plot of the game means nothing".

The text says it's infinite no less than 8 goddamn times from various sources. It having an infinite extent literally could not be more explicit.

And as Angelzewolf pointed out, we have no idea where the endpoint is, so saying it's a finite distance away is stupid, because there's nothing indicating that. The only this we have to determine the distance traveled is the corridor. Which is infinite.

If you are truly, genuinely arguing that the text means nothing, we may as well delete the whole verse.

I'm not making these arguments to convince "the other side" here. They'd believe whatever they want to regardless. I'm making these arguments mainly for third parties, which in this context mostly just includes staff.

Fair enough. Considering they are the judge, that's understandable.

It's not the fact that the relevant scan describes Sakuya as being able to reach lightspeed that's in itself a point of contention. It's the fact that it portrays Sakuya's "lightspeed-ness"/"FTL-ness" as something relatively unique to her, suggesting that even FTL stuff is rather rare in 2hu as a whole.

But we know it isn't. Many attacks are described to move at the speed of light. And the characters can either react or dodge said speed. Maybe the basic villagers who need the help of the main cast can't travel at said speed. But there is more evidence to suggest the relevant characters can reach said speed. And according to someone, said evidence can be accessed.

And the "speed of light" stuff is brought up in the context of whether the "infinite" speed feats are valid. Therefore, they're not "derailing".

I really don't get this weird, rigid pedantry concerning the topic at hand.

How? Legitimately explain how. The speed of light stuff simply suggests these characters can reach said speed. I.e their minimum. Nothing else suggests that's their limit or they're only some arbitrary number higher. This would be a valid argument if such a thing was the case, but it's not. If there was something within canon to say so. But them being FTL is a consistent thing within attacks and feats.

I didn't say that the "stretching corridor" bit was the more likely case. My main argument right now is that the characters involved never actually traveled an infinite distance, infinite corridor or no.

Please don't misconstrue my arguments like that.

Not necessarily what I meant, but alright. Perhaps I wasn't clear but let's focus on the actual topic so I won't really address this portion.

This is another case where the logic simply confuses me. If the characters made it through the corridor...and the corridor led them specifically where they were AND that was the purpose of said corridor, then your point isn't valid. This was the case, the characters and Eirin commented on going through said corridor described to be infinite and making it out. That's...it. There's no ifs or buts when the game outright tells you what happens. Unless you're trying to suggest there are two separate corridors linked together, which obviously isn't the case. The Corridor was described to be infinite and endless. The characters made it out.

Simple.

I'm...99% sure the dialogue means much more than your interpretation. You're not above said dialogue just because it contradicts your statement. Again, we do not know where they are and they are stated to have went through the corridor.

It's pretty damn straightforward and simple.

Last edited:
And who are you to just come in here, and decide things? Read the discussion first at least, mr Pain.
Anyway I have no interest in this thread whatsoever, just here to check on what's up.
Not deciding things read well next time
I said I support the speed been nuked that’s a vote
Oh, pray tell, what are these important factors that we are ignoring?
Read the thread again you may pick them up

It seems a bit telling that, out of everybody who's actually participated in the thread, there is near unanimous consensus that the reasoning present is extremely weak or even outright wrong at times. The only people who disagree are those who just skimmed the OP and nothing more, from what I can tell ( and Mal ofc).

I'd genuinely love to hear some of the opinions from the non-Mal opposition, given how they don't seem keen on supporting their own points for more than a post or two.

...Yes they did. You literally see them reach the end in the stage itself. Eirin tells them they've reached the end. The characters themselves acknowledge they reached the end.

You evidently did not read my post where I explained how and why they crossed the entire thing. They visibly start their journey on ground level; Y'know, where the corridor starts. And then they fly to the end
I was writing that under the notion that we're assuming that the corridor extends past the Earth and "false moon".

If we're not, there's no reason to assume the corridor is even "infinite" to begin with.

(if it works something akin to Satoru Gojo's stuff, like Livinmeme suggested, then moving through it amounts to little more than space manipulation resistance)

"The literal plot of the game means nothing".

The text says it's infinite no less than 8 goddamn times from various sources. It having an infinite extent literally could not be more explicit.

And as Angelzewolf pointed out, we have no idea where the endpoint is, so saying it's a finite distance away is stupid, because there's nothing indicating that. The only this we have to determine the distance traveled is the corridor. Which is infinite.

If you are truly, genuinely arguing that the text means nothing, we may as well delete the whole verse.
A detail about the corridor isn't "the literal plot of the game". The corridor being "infinite" or not isn't fundamental to the plot of the game. I don't understand this constant conflation of minor setting/background details with fundamental plot scaffolding. It's inane.

But we know it isn't. Many attacks are described to move at the speed of light. And the characters can either react or dodge said speed. Maybe the basic villagers who need the help of the main cast can't travel at said speed. But there is more evidence to suggest the relevant characters can reach said speed. And according to someone, said evidence can be accessed.
And you're quite right.

But the fact that these explicitly lightspeed attacks are still relevant in battle would appear to work strongly against any given 2hu fighter having "infinite" speed.

How? Legitimately explain how. The speed of light stuff simply suggests these characters can reach said speed. I.e their minimum. Nothing else suggests that's their limit or they're only some arbitrary number higher. This would be a valid argument if such a thing was the case, but it's not. If there was something within canon to say so. But them being FTL is a consistent thing within attacks and feats.
Lightspeed itself might not be the limit, but the continued relevancy of lightspeed attacks in 2hu is quite the big knock against "infinite" speed, as I've said before.

This is another case where the logic simply confuses me. If the characters made it through the corridor...and the corridor led them specifically where they were AND that was the purpose of said corridor, then your point isn't valid. This was the case, the characters and Eirin commented on going through said corridor described to be infinite and making it out. That's...it. There's no ifs or buts when the game outright tells you what happens. Unless you're trying to suggest there are two separate corridors linked together, which obviously isn't the case. The Corridor was described to be infinite and endless. The characters made it out.
If the corridor led them to a specific point in time and space, then the corridor is finite, no ifs, ands, or buts. What the characters say is irrelevant, what's relevant is how the corridor actually operates. It doesn't operate the way the characters say it does, so, for whatever reason, the characters are simply wrong or speaking falsehoods here.

I'm...99% sure the dialogue means much more than your interpretation. You're not above said dialogue just because it contradicts your statement. Again, we do not know where they are and they are stated to have went through the corridor.

It's pretty damn straightforward and simple.
It's not just an "interpretation" when the the corridor is supposed to, very clearly, stop at a specific point in space and time.

It seems a bit telling that, out of everybody who's actually participated in the thread, there is near unanimous consensus that the reasoning present is extremely weak or even outright wrong at times. The only people who disagree are those who just skimmed the OP and nothing more, from what I can tell ( and Mal ofc).
It's really just been you and me that's been consistently posting in this thread, with everyone else just jumping in for a few posts or so, so I really want to know what your criterion for "actual participation" is.

And quit this attitude with "and Mal ofc".

As an aside: @Pain_to12, it's better to elucidate why you disagree with "infinite speed" Touhou rather than just blurt out "read the thread", which doesn't really say much of anything.

Look. This is going purely in circles. I will say one more time: the 'specific point in space' you're referring to is an infinite distance away. Full stop. This is something repeatedly stated by the narrative of at least 2 separate games, yet you continue to ignore it.

I have nothing else to say here because regardless of what I say, you'll continue to misrepresent it and ignore the full context.

If anybody lurking in this thread is unsure about what position to take, or is just generally confused, I'd still be more than happy to give an explanation. Or, y'know, you could just read my earlier recap. However, if Mal is the only person interested in defending points that have been repeatedly debunked, then it's best to just let this thread die.

Look. This is going purely in circles. I will say one more time: the 'specific point in space' you're referring to is an infinite distance away. Full stop. This is something repeatedly stated by the narrative of at least 2 separate games, yet you continue to ignore it.
It's literally not. It's supposed to be between the Earth and the "false moon". The "false moon" isn't an infinite distance away from the Earth, so why would any corridor between them be any different?

I have nothing else to say here because regardless of what I say, you'll continue to misrepresent it and ignore the full context.
The context is in the fact that the supposedly "infinite" corridor stops at some random point in spacetime between two locations of finite distance away from each other, and not, say, the "edge" of the universe or whatever.

If anybody lurking in this thread is unsure about what position to take, or is just generally confused, I'd still be more than happy to give an explanation. Or, y'know, you could just read my earlier recap. However, if Mal is the only person interested in defending points that have been repeatedly debunked, then it's best to just let this thread die.
The only points getting debunked have been yours, throughout this entire thread even.

Get staff to close this thread until the OP comes back.

It's ridiculous that this has been open for 2 whole pages and the OP was here for like 1/5th, 1/6th of the actual thread? And the majority seems to disagree with the OP, and the OP isn't even here to say or do anything. This thread isn't going to get concluded anytime soon so I see no reason why this is still open.

It's literally not. It's supposed to be between the Earth and the "false moon". The "false moon" isn't an infinite distance away from the Earth, so why would any corridor between them be any different?
We don't know how far away the false moon/sealed chamber is, is the thing. There's nothing indicating how far away it is from the earth; it may as well exist in a vacuum.

So let me ask you this: Where is your evidence that the false moon/sealed chamber is a finite distance away? Because you have yet to prove that. Until you provide scans, nobody will have any reason to believe you. And, of course,
unknown.png

The context is in the fact that the supposedly "infinite" corridor stops at some random point in spacetime between two locations of finite distance away from each other, and not, say, the "edge" of the universe or whatever.
Why does it need to be the edge of the universe specifically? And again, you've still yet to prove that the distance actually is finite. You just. Keep saying that with 0 evidence.

Not to beat a dead horse, but,
unknown.png

Get staff to close this thread until the OP comes back.

It's ridiculous that this has been open for 2 whole pages and the OP was here for like 1/5th, 1/6th of the actual thread? And the majority seems to disagree with the OP, and the OP isn't even here to say or do anything. This thread isn't going to get concluded anytime soon so I see no reason why this is still open.
Honestly, I fully agree with this. If the OP is unwilling to support his own points then why are we even here? Not like he's banned or anything; he could come back at anytime and is choosing not to.

Actually, we should probably take a vote as to whether or not to close this thread until Saikou responds. Makes it a bit easier to keep track of.

Agree: Nierre, FujiwaraYesMokou, OverlordDonnelly, Livinmeme, Navarro, Malomtek, Bernkastelll, Kirbonic_Pikmin

Disagree:

Last edited:
******* lmao

Yeah if the OP is just letting this thread die and evidently has no desire to keep it alive, might as well put it out of its misery.

Btw if we do close this, would I be allowed to add scans and references to every profile with infinite speed feats listed? Would probably help avoid a bit of confusion.

Then someone @ him and get a response. If he makes it clear he doesn't care, then ask the mods to close the thread, because its going no where. Neither side will budge on anything.
"Last seen: Jan 14, 2022"

Not gonna stop you from contacting him, but if he ain't even on the wiki then I really don't see how @ing him will do anything.

That'd probably work then.

IIRC somebody I know who knows Saikou over Discord said he didn't interact with the thread because he "didn't feel the need to respond to threadbanned users".

...But there were also plenty of debunks from non-banned members, so who the **** knows what his actual reasoning is.

That'd probably work then.

IIRC somebody I know who knows Saikou over Discord said he didn't interact with the thread because he "didn't feel the need to respond to threadbanned users".

...But there were also plenty of debunks from non-banned members, so who the **** knows what his actual reasoning is.
Is it possible to throw up a screenshot of that, just so folks can't say you're not telling the truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back