• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Touhou Speed Downgrade

Mokou considers arrows too fast to track.
image.png

Byakuren's Last Word explicitly travels at 100kph, yet is much faster than anything else in the game.
image.png

Therefore, all characters should be downgraded to Peak Human speed. If you disagree you are wrong and wanking the verse.

Don't let the OP distract you from the fact that Mokou still hasn't made that discussion rule for Infinite Speed Touhou.

Mokou considers arrows too fast to track.
image.png

Byakuren's Last Word explicitly travels at 100kph, yet is much faster than anything else in the game.
image.png

Therefore, all characters should be downgraded to Peak Human speed. If you disagree you are wrong and wanking the verse.
I agree that the wiki lists some Touhou characters a little too high in terms of speed, but you have to be joking here, right?

Okay jokes aside there are like 50 billion FTL and higher feats for the verse, I made that discussion rule for a reason. You're welcome to try and change it, though.

ngl i agree with myst here
reimu has infinite speed for crossing infinite distance
but i could literally do that via ftl speeds

I'll get to all of these, but first: Suika's feat can more reasonably be considered one of Range (or even AP) than speed.
It's attack speed. Suika's density manipulation can cause pieces of something to reform an infinite space, so they have to be moving an infinite distance to do so; This happens in a very short time frame, so those pieces are moving infinitely fast. If she can move objects at those speeds, and other characters can react to and dodge those objects in her spell cards on a regular basis, which requires infinite speed.

It's like a character having a lightning bolt spell in an RPG; The bolt counts as MHS+ attack speed, and characters who can dodge it have MHS+ speed. It's a roundabout way of scaling speed, sure, but it's valid. Also, the feat is already under her range/AP.

Second: The feat involving Kaguya's Corridor.
It's attack speed. Suika's density manipulation can cause pieces of something to reform an infinite space, so they have to be moving an infinite distance to do so; This happens in a very short time frame, so those pieces are moving infinitely fast. If she can move objects at those speeds, and other characters can react to and dodge those objects in her spell cards on a regular basis, which requires infinite speed.

It's like a character having a lightning bolt spell in an RPG; The bolt counts as MHS+ attack speed, and characters who can dodge it have MHS+ speed. It's a roundabout way of scaling speed, sure, but it's valid. Also, the feat is already under her range/AP.
Have you considered that Suika may have control over her attack speed/range? I don't think it's reasonable to assume the attacks she's using in the games is at the same potency and range as the one she used on the moon.

Second: The feat involving Kaguya's Corridor.
What about it?
Have you considered that Suika may have control over her attack speed/range? I don't think it's reasonable to assume the attacks she's using in the games is at the same potency and range as the one she used on the moon.
Why would she? Spell card duels have no restrictions on speed (Aya's spell cards are explicitly centered around blitzing the hell out of her opponent, and Youmu has similar spell cards, so it's actively encouraged to make use of a speed advantage), and Suika's moon busting was more casual than the attacks she busts out elsewhere; She wasn't fighting anyone, she was just showing off for the hell of it.

Also, I do recommend making a CRT in the content revision section of the forum, so we don't end up arguing in what was intended to be a joke thread.

What about it?

Why would she? Spell card duels have no restrictions on speed (Aya's spell cards are explicitly centered around blitzing the hell out of her opponent, and Youmu has similar spell cards, so it's actively encouraged to make use of a speed advantage), and Suika's moon busting was more casual than the attacks she busts out elsewhere; She wasn't fighting anyone, she was just showing off for the hell of it.
I forgot I was writing about the corridor whoops. Anyway, while yeah, blitzes are a thing, spell cards by definition are not unavoidable to anyone with the skill and memory required, and I have a feeling Suika wouldn't be using her ability to atomize her opponents anyway.

Back