• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Transformers General Discussion

Broke: You played Transformers Armada because the amazing gameplay and fun explorations while hunting the collectibles
Woke: YOU PLAYED TRANSFOMRERS ARMADA BECAUSE "HAHAHA RAGDOLLS EFFECT GO BRRRRR"

can bayformers be hacked?
0c3.jpg

The text where it comes from isn't even calling the Alternate themselves 10-D. It's merely calling their brain modules 10-D. I don't think that counts for High 1-C afaik

Personally I feel like the Transformers brand peaked in the early to mid 2010s. Call me an Aligned boomer, but all the cool shit seemed to be coming out at that point (Transformers Prime, the Cybertron games, Titans Return toyline), and the franchise has failed to really live up to it ever since.

I feel like they're sticking too hard to G1 these days. And I personally think that's got to do with the failure of RID and the movies. RID received mostly average to poor reception from the fanbase, most calling it a downgrade to Prime. The movies started declining in success, TLK bombed in comparison to the other movies, and critical reception of the movies has gone lower and lower over the years.

I also think the sudden change to make the Bumblebee movie into its own thing rather than a prequel backs this. The G1 stuff was added only a few months before the movie released, it was a very last minute change. And the recent rush of G1 nostalgia in almost every corner of the brand, from the WFC trilogy, to the toys themselves and even most of the promotional material all using the evergreen designs (Which are all G1 based) really shows how much they're sticking to milking the G1 cow.

It seems to me Hasbro is afraid to get more experimental, and that they're sticking to G1 nostalgia because its safer and more guranteed to get them more cash.

I'm glad they seem to at least be a bit looser on the G1 stuff, as shown how the legacy stuff starts to branch into the TF multiverse again? And the Eartspark, while mostly G1, is somewhat more experimental and deviates from the usual TF formula.

Also the fact we haven't gotten a decent TF console game in 7 years is just criminal.

I will cherish the day in 40 years time when all the G1 fans finally kick the bucket and we can all collectively move on with our lives (except for Thew, Thew is awesome and should live forever).

Thew is the only toy TF toy reviewer I watch and barely collect the toys.

On the bright side, there is a supposed leak that Hasbro is apparently digging up a cancelled Transformers game. It's all iffy stuff, but the fact steve blum is Starscream in it makes me excited.

Thew is the only toy TF toy reviewer I watch and barely collect the toys.
I also enjoy Jobby, but yeah all the other toy reviewers are way too bland. I guess they're good if you actually wanna buy 'em, but if you're just there to be entertained, most of 'em fall quite short.

Tbh I enjoy Emgo and Dr. Lockdown (probably cause I actually collect the figures), but they are admittedly a bit bland compared to someone like Jobby.

Emgo is probably the best "normal" toy reviewer from what I've seen, he actually has personality beyond "wow look at this cool figure isn't it neat".

Tbh I enjoy Emgo and Dr. Lockdown (probably cause I actually collect the figures), but they are admittedly a bit bland compared to someone like Jobby.
Oh yeah I've seen some of Dr Lockdown, he seems pretty neat too. As well as the Lazy Eyebrow, it's been a while since I've watched either though.

Also honorable mention to TJOmega, he’s easily my favorite Transformers channel, although he isn’t primarily a review channel anymore.

Mine is TFanpage (As well as Diamondbolt but he's not really a TF youtuber anymore). I think he's the first Transformers channel I've ever came across and I've been seeing his stuff since 2013? Ragin Nation was a guy I also watched a lot back in the day until I sorta stopped.

I think mine was either Optibotimus or Shartimus Prime (disregarding one off viewings like say, the Transformers stop motion series that popped up everywhere back in the day).

Personally I feel like the Transformers brand peaked in the early to mid 2010s. Call me an Aligned boomer, but all the cool shit seemed to be coming out at that point (Transformers Prime, the Cybertron games, Titans Return toyline), and the franchise has failed to really live up to it ever since.
You forgot animated

Jobby is, objectively speaking, one of the best Transformers reviewers on YouTube. His editing, his way he shows the transformations, is impeccable. Otherwise, though, I really can't stand his sense of humor; his personality both in and out of his videos is absurdly obnoxious.

I've also always felt that Transformers Prime is painfully overrated. It's good, but it's way more flawed than most people care to admit it is, and the fact that so many hold it up as some kind of incomparable peak of the franchise is absolute bullshit.

Jobby is, objectively speaking, one of the best Transformers reviewers on YouTube. His editing, his way he shows the transformations, is impeccable. Otherwise, though, I really can't stand his sense of humor; his personality both in and out of his videos is absurdly obnoxious.

I've also always felt that Transformers Prime is painfully overrated. It's good, but it's way more flawed than most people care to admit it is, and the fact that so many hold it up as some kind of incomparable peak of the franchise is absolute bullshit.
Seems like I've found the Shattered Glass alt version of myself.

Hasbro should make an Transformer anime once again tbh, yes it's kinda risky but it sure would be payed off
And no, it's not because i want Nicee and Flametoy/Bingotoys Windblade to be animated

Back