• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Traveler (Genshin impact) VS Ruby Rose (1-8-0) GRACE

V999

He/Him
Genshin Impact VS RWBY

• Speed are equalized
• Both are High 8-C
• Mondstadt Traveler is used
• Beacon Ruby Version is used
• Traveler : 4.28 Tons
• Ruby : 3.41 Tons, higher with Gravity Dust

Traveler : 1 (@Mickey1940)

Ruby Rose : 8 (@FireSwordHero, @Spinoirr, @Mariogoods, @Jackpact, @Ecstasy_Amphetamine, @TheKingStrategist13, @V999, @TUHTPeaSkull12)

Inconclusive :

images

images

Hope this is not STOMP

Last edited:
Ruby : 3.41 Tons, higher with Combined Sword Beam
Im sorry what Either way, I'll bite here but this first bit is confusing (im guessing you mean higher with Gravity Dust though).

So going off the first part, Ruby probably takes this in both AP and Speed. Sure, the Traveler is technically higher in AP, but Ruby is capable of increasing her AP with Gravity Dust Amps, which massively increases her power though to an unknown degree. On a similar note, while both characters speeds are equalized in this matchup, Ruby is technically faster thanks to the speed amp that she gets from her semblance. To be fair, the traveler also gets a speed amp by traveling into Anemo energy, but despite the fact that we never really see the travler use it, from either a game, cutscene, or story standpoint, the speed amp given by this transformation ability is much more inferior.

Going into hax and weaponry here, Ruby also takes this. While the traveler's Anemo powers grant a huge range of abilities, Ruby's own abilities can match and/or exceed the Travelers own in some way.
  • Allogene's and Visions users can create forcefields to block attacks, but's Ruby's own Aura grants her a forcefield that is not only more readily available, but also doesn't require as much concentration to be active. Ruby's aura just requires her to subconciously activate and be always active, while Allogene forcefields require concentration and aren't always active.
  • As mentioned before, Ruby's Semblance is superior to the elemental transformation provided by Vision users in terms of speed, and while Allogene trasnformations also provide intangibility, so does Ruby's semblance, so at best it just cancels out. On another note, while the Traveler can interact with non-physical beings such as spirits, Ruby's semblance works by dissassembling herself on the molecular level so that she can become intangible, so the Traveler can't even hit her while her Semblance is active. Add in the fact that Ruby herself is more used to actually using her semblance in combat and...well you get the idea. The only thing the Traveler has with the ability that Ruby doesn't is flight, which she doesn't have (for this key at least...)
  • Speaking of elemental powers, Ruby also takes this suprisingly with all the different dust types she has such as Fire, Ice and Electricity Dust, though this ability can be used against her by the traveler due to how Anemo powers work with other elements in the world of Genshin. Still, having this varied dust arsenal does mean she could potentially shock the Traveler with Lightning or freeze them with Ice Dust if she can get a hit in.
Finally, while the Traveler may be good with a sword, Ruby's Crescent Rose is just simply better in every other regard, not just for being a deadly scythe in close range, but also functioning as a sniper rifle that can not only shoot various elemental attacks, but also provides her a greater effective combat range than anything the traveler can attack with.

This brings me to the biggest factor in this fight: because of how similar their AP is, both characters could technically win if they can get the opportunity to get the final blow first. In this regard, with Ruby's access to her speed amping semblance and intangibility, and the effective combat range offered by the sniper rifle, Ruby is not only less likely to get hit compared to the traveler, but is likely going to be the first person to be a spot where they can get the final blow first.

In this regard, I think Ruby wins this 8 times out of 10. Its not a stomp by any means, but The Traveler will just always be one step behind The Huntress.

Doesn't RWBY have crazy skill escalation and such? Cause I highly doubt most Genshin pj's can match that skill lol.
Some of Genshin character have weapon Skill and some unique combat abilities and hax which might match rwby skill

well before we talk this one is a mondstar traveler I guess, so his combat experience and skill is not as high as in other keys... so what can ruby do at this point...?

Traveler has billions of years of experience fighting across several different planets, so I don't think Ruby's outskilling here

They also have elemental intangibility so Ruby can't exactly hit them either

The minute Traveler disarms Ruby she's screwed. If Ruby tries to do the same thing, Traveler just TK's their sword back to their hand and continues fighting

Not to mention anemo resistance shred makes Traveler's AP advantage sting even more

voting Traveler

Traveler has billions of years of experience fighting across several different planets, so I don't think Ruby's outskilling here

They also have elemental intangibility so Ruby can't exactly hit them either

The minute Traveler disarms Ruby she's screwed. If Ruby tries to do the same thing, Traveler just TK's their sword back to their hand and continues fighting

Not to mention anemo resistance shred makes Traveler's AP advantage sting even more

voting Traveler
The issue that this "experience" practically does not exist, the traveler in addition to losing his skills seems to have forgotten also things from his past, so I do not agree to assume that he has "billions" of experience and much less in this key.

True, in fact the intangibility of the traveler could be quite useful, added to the effects it could technically cause through the use of anemo energy.

Equally true, if one of them gets disarmed the traveler can technically recover his weapon much better and faster.

The Ap advantage doesn't seem to be of much use because they said Ruby's booster increased it, but no one gave a value so I guess at best it would make her a bit stronger.

The issue that this "experience" practically does not exist, the traveler in addition to losing his skills seems to have forgotten also things from his past, so I do not agree to assume that he has "billions" of experience and much less in this key.

True, in fact the intangibility of the traveler could be quite useful, added to the effects it could technically cause through the use of anemo energy.

Equally true, if one of them gets disarmed the traveler can technically recover his weapon much better and faster.

The Ap advantage doesn't seem to be of much use because they said Ruby's booster increased it, but no one gave a value so I guess at best it would make her a bit stronger.
1. No he hasn't, that's never stated anywhere in the lore. He lost his original power, but experience and sword skills stay the same
2. Yes, anemo traveler still has some interesting stuff
3. Yes
4. Traveler can increase his own AP with Anemo Resistance Shred. It's more akin to decreasing Ruby's durability

What way does Traveler have to disarm Ruby? Theyre Peak Human to Ruby's Class M so physically doing so isnt really going to work.

What way does Traveler have to disarm Ruby? Theyre Peak Human to Ruby's Class M so physically doing so isnt really going to work.
by smacking her enough times that Ruby becomes injured and then disarmed

You can argue that Ruby can do the same thing in return but Traveler's TK plus inventory prevent that from happening

by smacking her enough times that Ruby becomes injured and then disarmed

You can argue that Ruby can do the same thing in return but Traveler's TK plus inventory prevent that from happening
I mean, theyd have to do that a LOT before Ruby gets to that point lmao

Also im just now noticing that NPI was removed from the RWBY profiles despite there being an entire CRT about how it should stay...interesting...

I mean, theyd have to do that a LOT before Ruby gets to that point lmao

Also im just now noticing that NPI was removed from the RWBY profiles despite there being an entire CRT about how it should stay...interesting...
true. It's a tiny advantage, but an advantage nonetheless

what's NPI?

The only thing I didn't agree with in your reasoning was the experience and that, but otherwise you actually made some good points tbh.

anyway, how high is ruby's "power-up"? can it make a difference high enough to put the traveler at a disadvantage? how skilled at this point in the story.

The only thing I didn't agree with in your reasoning was the experience and that, but otherwise you actually made some good points tbh.

anyway, how high is ruby's "power-up"? can it make a difference high enough to put the traveler at a disadvantage? how skilled at this point in the story.
Her semblance? It let's her speed blitz people on her level

???? for what reasons

I responded to all of the points about Ruby with no response from any of the Ruby supporters
That doesn't mean your obligated to get a response nor for it to immediately change to verdicts of other people. You are entitled to choose your victor based on the factors of each character, and your more than welcome to comment on anything you feel might be wrong so that misinformation doesn't result in a victory for a character due to bias, but ultimately everyone is entitled to decide who would be more likely for a character to win and to decide when they cast your vote. If we had to stop voting everytime someone said "I OBJECT!!!" we would still be stuck on fights from two years ago because one person can't convince the other they are right. I mean, it hasn't stopped me from arguing verdicts anyways, mainly against Weekly, but not everyone is going to wait for an arguement about fictional characters to be finished before they make their vote.

On a related note however...
elemental intangibility plus barriers prevents Ruby from abusing it to land hits on Traveler
Ruby literally has the exact same thing with her semblance, its listed on her proflie, visually seen in show and noted in the lore, while the Travelers intangibility and barriers mostly come from the idea that Allogenes share similar basic powers (which is flawed for many reasons but im not listing them all here, which the traveler themselves have never demonstrated, and comes from one character, namely Childe, who is above other allogenes when it comes to using their vision powers.

That doesn't mean your obligated to get a response nor for it to immediately change to verdicts of other people. You are entitled to choose your victor based on the factors of each character, and your more than welcome to comment on anything you feel might be wrong so that misinformation doesn't result in a victory for a character due to bias, but ultimately everyone is entitled to decide who would be more likely for a character to win and to decide when they cast your vote. If we had to stop voting everytime someone said "I OBJECT!!!" we would still be stuck on fights from two years ago because one person can't convince the other they are right. I mean, it hasn't stopped me from arguing verdicts anyways, mainly against Weekly, but not everyone is going to wait for an arguement about fictional characters to be finished before they make their vote.

On a related note however...

Ruby literally has the exact same thing with her semblance, its listed on her proflie, visually seen in show and noted in the lore, while the Travelers intangibility and barriers mostly come from the idea that Allogenes share similar basic powers (which is flawed for many reasons but im not listing them all here, which the traveler themselves have never demonstrated, and comes from one character, namely Childe, who is above other allogenes when it comes to using their vision powers.
1. If Person A makes Argument A, then Person B says Argument B as a direct response to Argument A, and then people say "Person B FRA", then that makes sense
If Person A makes Argument A, then Person B says Argument B as a direct response to Argument A, and then people say "Person A FRA", they are obligated to explain why Argument B is incorrect and why they continue to support Argument A. They could say that Argument B is inherently wrong, or there are additional factors that should be included in the arguments, etc etc. If someone simply says "Person A FRA" without giving a single explanation, the thread just ends up being a flawed FRA train that doesn't address the other side's arguments in favor of empty voting. People need to use their brains to actually explain why they have their opinion. What you did was great. You used your brain and addressed my arguments and therefore decided to continue the debate. That's the logical thing to do
2. Traveler's intangibility comes from upscaling from other allogenes like Catalyst users and Childe. Chiled is admittedly extremely skilled, but most other Catalyst users like Barbara, Mona, Klee, Yanfei, and Sucrose have little to no feats, aren't trained, aren't considered combat geniuses/prodigies, and their career paths state that they don't fight whatsoever, yet are still capable of using this ability. Thus, someone with vastly superior experience, actual combat experience, and actual feats should be capable of doing the same thing. Not to mention, several characters like Ayaka, Alhaitham, Keqing, Razor, Fischl, Hu Tao (kinda), and Rosaria are all capable of either disappearing into their element, or straight up transforming into their element in either their lore or animations, so it's safe to say that a vast majority of characters in Genshin who own a vision should be able to use this ability as well, with Traveler being no exception. Although he lacks a vision, his powers have been stated to emulate them almost entirely, so it's not too far fetched to say that he has it.
They both have intangibility. They both have foircefields. They'll both struggle hitting each other. But Traveler's raw stats are a bit higher, plus he has more experience. He has enough of an edge for me to vote for him

1. If Person A makes Argument A, then Person B says Argument B as a direct response to Argument A, and then people say "Person B FRA", then that makes sense
If Person A makes Argument A, then Person B says Argument B as a direct response to Argument A, and then people say "Person A FRA", they are obligated to explain why Argument B is incorrect and why they continue to support Argument A. They could say that Argument B is inherently wrong, or there are additional factors that should be included in the arguments, etc etc. If someone simply says "Person A FRA" without giving a single explanation, the thread just ends up being a flawed FRA train that doesn't address the other side's arguments in favor of empty voting. People need to use their brains to actually explain why they have their opinion. What you did was great. You used your brain and addressed my arguments and therefore decided to continue the debate. That's the logical thing to do
Have you ever considered for a brief moment that others may just consider you wrong? You constantly reply to almost every debate made by a rwby supporter, not to mention in the most unstructured and hard to read format ever with no spacing, so after 3 or 4 replies you are already sapping whatever goodwill other debaters have by having to read your hard-to-read responses.

On that, you go around arguing your viewpoints as the only ones that can be right and that the entire voting process needs to be stopped, and if anyone just decides to ignore your statements, then you just decide they are biased. Literally only one person has made a vote for Ruby aside from me, so its not like the voting process is over, yet you are going after other people who have probably just made up their mind.
2. Traveler's intangibility comes from upscaling from other allogenes like Catalyst users and Childe. Chiled is admittedly extremely skilled, but most other Catalyst users like Barbara, Mona, Klee, Yanfei, and Sucrose have little to no feats, aren't trained, aren't considered combat geniuses/prodigies, and their career paths state that they don't fight whatsoever, yet are still capable of using this ability. Thus, someone with vastly superior experience, actual combat experience, and actual feats should be capable of doing the same thing. Not to mention, several characters like Ayaka, Alhaitham, Keqing, Razor, Fischl, Hu Tao (kinda), and Rosaria are all capable of either disappearing into their element, or straight up transforming into their element in either their lore or animations, so it's safe to say that a vast majority of characters in Genshin who own a vision should be able to use this ability as well, with Traveler being no exception. Although he lacks a vision, his powers have been stated to emulate them almost entirely, so it's not too far fetched to say that he has it.
They both have intangibility. They both have foircefields. They'll both struggle hitting each other. But Traveler's raw stats are a bit higher, plus he has more experience. He has enough of an edge for me to vote for him
Great again-compacted speech, and fair points honestly, but that was not the point of my original post. I'm saying that Ruby's semblance does the exact same stuff the Traveler does but better in almost every capacity except flight, on top of providing a speed amp in a matchup where speed is equalized. Not to mention Ruby can amp her AP with Gravity Dust and has a much better combat range thanks to her weapon being a sniper rifle vs a basic bitch sword.

Yes, I love the traveler, but this key is not winning, it seems that Ruby at this point is several steps behind, not to mention that it can apparently blitz the traveler before it does anything and also overcome/equalize the stat advantage.

If it were liyue or Inazuma I would definitely argue much more in favor of the traveler, but this key just lacks a lot of good stuff really lol.

Kind of a moot point to add considering what I've said earlier, but its kind of rather dubious to assume that the Traveler has thousands of years of experience. We haven't seen anything to suggest that the Traveler has been fighting before the start of the Genshin Impact storyline, the only thing we know about them prior to that point is that they've been traveling to different worlds. Even if we were to assume so, the Travelers fights and conflicts prove that said belief is an outlier.

• The Traveler fought against Childe, who is at most in his early 20s. Despite the Travelers supposed skill superiority and access to multiple elements, the two of them were evenly matched (with some cutscenes to suggest the Traveler was weaker in this fight) with the fight against Childe's super form only ending because of the strain it puts on the body.
  • On the flipside, im not going to cut corners here, Traveler straight up lost against the Raiden Shogun in their first fight, and despite supposedly managing to gain the upper hand when amped up in AP by the Vision Statue, there's some things to suggest that Raiden Ei (who is the soul residing in the Shogun Puppet) wasn't using her full power in this fight, as given by the fact that Ei could defeat Raiden Shogun in their amped up form, despite the Traveler struggling against the Shogun in their base form.
These are just a few examples, but I'm pretty sure that there are more to be considered.

Have you ever considered for a brief moment that others may just consider you wrong? You constantly reply to almost every debate made by a rwby supporter, not to mention in the most unstructured and hard to read format ever with no spacing, so after 3 or 4 replies you are already sapping whatever goodwill other debaters have by having to read your hard-to-read responses.

On that, you go around arguing your viewpoints as the only ones that can be right and that the entire voting process needs to be stopped, and if anyone just decides to ignore your statements, then you just decide they are biased. Literally only one person has made a vote for Ruby aside from me, so its not like the voting process is over, yet you are going after other people who have probably just made up their mind.

Great again-compacted speech, and fair points honestly, but that was not the point of my original post. I'm saying that Ruby's semblance does the exact same stuff the Traveler does but better in almost every capacity except flight, on top of providing a speed amp in a matchup where speed is equalized. Not to mention Ruby can amp her AP with Gravity Dust and has a much better combat range thanks to her weapon being a sniper rifle vs a basic bitch sword.
1. It's fine if people consider my arguments wrong but they can at least say so. Not to mention, all of my arguments were in direct response to other arguments in the thread, so I feel like any additional voters should at least try and get involved in the conversation in some capacity in order to address the response from the other side and defend their argument. I've participated in threads where a debate is currently being held, but it's cut short by more people just voting FRA in the middle of the debate and getting the thread closed via grace even though no one has actually reached a consensus. I really don't want that happening again, hence my responses.
Me constantly replying to almost every debate also doesn't seem like a bad thing in my opinion
I wasn't trying to sap goodwill, but I feel like it's understandable why I don't particularly trust everyone here. Too many threads have ended from blind FRA trains in the past, so I'm just taking what I consider to be precautions. I apologize if it came off the wrong way
2. If people ignore my statements it means they either didn't read it, didn't bother reading it, misinterpreted it, or disagreed with it. The first 2 are wrong. The third one is fine since I can just explain it in a different way. The last one is genuine and should be counted. But I have no way to verify which of these situations happen, hence my questioning
3. what do you mean by compacted speech?
Yes I'm aware it does the same thing and grants a speed amp but she's still gonna have a tough time harming traveler since he has multiple means of protecting himself, either via intangibility or forcefields, which Ruby's speed amp doesn't help nearly enough to circumvent. They will both struggle with hurting each other
Traveler can amp his own AP indirectly by reducing Ruby's resistance to Anemo, allowing him to keep his AP advantage (which unlike Ruby's limited ammo, can be used whenever he wants and will never run out), and his range is still relevant unless Ruby decides to fly away and snipe him from afar, which isn't in character for Ruby to do in a 1v1
Not to mention, I forgot to add this part, but Traveler has a canonically massive inventory full of consumables and additional weapons, way more than Ruby's ammo supply considering Traveler can carry hundreds if not thousands of items in their inventory (before you say it's a game mechanic, it actually has been mentioned in special events a couple of times). Unless they're restricted, those can give him amps, restore stamina, and heal him, as well as grant him additional abilities.
I also do want to mention that depending on the surroundings and what Ruby attacks him with, Traveler can actually end up swirling nearby elements, making all of his attacks stronger and also reducing Ruby's resistances to the element he swirls, making it a tad bit harder for Ruby on top of his base abilities

Yes, I love the traveler, but this key is not winning, it seems that Ruby at this point is several steps behind, not to mention that it can apparently blitz the traveler before it does anything and also overcome/equalize the stat advantage.

If it were liyue or Inazuma I would definitely argue much more in favor of the traveler, but this key just lacks a lot of good stuff really lol.
Extra speed doesn't help against someone who can create thought based shields and is also intangible on top of that

The stats advantage I already directly addressed to you specifically more than once. Traveler can shred Anemo

The issue is that apparently fast enough to blitz comparable people, according to Ruby supporters, of course, I have no idea how true this is, but it's a big problem especially why the traveler should still hit Ruby.

But I give you the reason that technically Ruby has no defense at all against the reduced defense of the anemo element.

I have no idea if the profile considers, inventory.

The issue is that apparently fast enough to blitz comparable people, according to Ruby supporters, of course, I have no idea how true this is, but it's a big problem especially why the traveler should still hit Ruby.

But I give you the reason that technically Ruby has no defense at all against the reduced defense of the anemo element.

I have no idea if the profile considers, inventory.
This "blitzing" comes from Ruby running past Tean JNPR during the food fight and causing a massive shock wave. She has never straight up blitzed people in actual combat in the sense that she can just react to and dodge everything while massively increasing her attack speed. Petal Burst is a mobility amp, not a pure speed amp, and thus she can't exactly just demolish traveler with a dozen hits he can't react to.
In later keys she does blitz people in combat and uses her speed to actually enhance her attack and reaction speed, but Beacon Ruby doesn't really do that

Some parts of the story references his inventory, and the fact that every character can pull their weapons out of thin air and can "deposit" it into thin air (Ayaka's and Kaeya's idle animation for reference) further proves the existence of an inventory

Ruby can use her Semblance to move at inhuman speeds that are nearly too fast for the eye to catch,[1] making it appear as if she can teleport. She uses this ability in combat to dodge attacks, disorient enemies, hastily retreat and quickly counterattack. Her Semblance is also capable of providing limited flight capabilities.

History of Ruby's semblance

This "blitzing" comes from Ruby running past Tean JNPR during the food fight and causing a massive shock wave. She has never straight up blitzed people in actual combat in the sense that she can just react to and dodge everything while massively increasing her attack speed. Petal Burst is a mobility amp, not a pure speed amp, and thus she can't exactly just demolish traveler with a dozen hits he can't react to.
In later keys she does blitz people in combat and uses her speed to actually enhance her attack and reaction speed, but Beacon Ruby doesn't really do that

Some parts of the story references his inventory, and the fact that every character can pull their weapons out of thin air and can "deposit" it into thin air (Ayaka's and Kaeya's idle animation for reference) further proves the existence of an inventory
I don't deny inventory, I deny things like healing or energy restoration.

I see, in that case I see that the traveler has a good chance of hitting Ruby in that case, well now the most important thing and that no one seems to respond.

The skill gap, how skilled is Ruby, and is she skilled enough to prevent the traveler from being able to hit her.

I don't deny inventory, I deny things like healing or energy restoration.

I see, in that case I see that the traveler has a good chance of hitting Ruby in that case, well now the most important thing and that no one seems to respond.

The skill gap, how skilled is Ruby, and is she skilled enough to prevent the traveler from being able to hit her.
I'm not sure if the in-game effects of food or drinks can directly be translated into combat, but he does have other items that provide at least some benefit
At the bare minimum he can still take more swords/other weapons out of his inventory in case his own breaks/gets lost

Kinda yeah. Neither of them spam intangibility in character so damage will still be dealt, but they do both have that plus forcefields to keep themselves in the game

Ruby has about 10 if not more years worth of skill practicing her scythe style during middle and high school, and an unknown amount of experience fighting Grimm and other people

Traveler has billions of years worth of travel experience. Genshin is stated to not be the first world the siblings visited, as they say that they travel to other worlds extremely often before getting stranded by the Unknown God and lost their power. Although they lost their power, it's highly unlikely that they lost their skills and experience as well

Billions of years in skills and experience.
Get bodied in skill by a guy who have probably not even 10 years of experience and only half a years of actual training.

Sure bud.

For real tho, voting Ruby. Sword simply gonna break or get flung away every hit with that LS gap and the traveler have only shown to use 3 and maybe 4 sword, 2 of them break on contact while the other 2 tier jump to 6C and is optional equipment at best.
Intang and barrier can only keep them on so long. Intang might be dealt with by whatever NPI Weekly said, barrier would, base on Amber fight, leave them blank out abit after 2 use. Assuming they are superior to comic Amber in energy reserve, they would still get tired out after relentless attack.
Not to mention the barrier would ironically extend Ruby attack range since it's like an arm or 2 length from the user, putting Ruby straight up out of traveler melee range and can only use their elemental power.
Speaking of elemental power, only 1 work. The tornado is hillariously telegraphed and isn't fast enough, wind gust is the only dangerous thing but the fact that you need to use the empty hand would get catch on real quick, wind blade simply doesn't do anything as it's too weak and can easily be destroyed. Also, windgust can get stagger out of which Ruby can do very easily here if traveler decide to hold it.
Skill is quite contentious but Ruby should be skilled enough to catch on to wind gust (literally the only threat here) and destroy traveler sword so those Billions of years isn't doing anything here.

So from what i see. Fight start, both class weapons, traveler favorite got destroyed, pull out the second 1, destroyed too, traveler get few cheeky hit with surprise wind gust and fail to land any tornado, Ruby catch on and simply dominate the now turtling traveler, fight drag on till traveler get exhausted.

Sure bud.

For real tho, voting Ruby. Sword simply gonna break or get flung away every hit with that LS gap and the traveler have only shown to use 3 and maybe 4 sword, 2 of them break on contact while the other 2 tier jump to 6C and is optional equipment at best.
Intang and barrier can only keep them on so long. Intang might be dealt with by whatever NPI Weekly said, barrier would, base on Amber fight, leave them blank out abit after 2 use. Assuming they are superior to comic Amber in energy reserve, they would still get tired out after relentless attack.
Not to mention the barrier would ironically extend Ruby attack range since it's like an arm or 2 length from the user, putting Ruby straight up out of traveler melee range and can only use their elemental power.
Speaking of elemental power, only 1 work. The tornado is hillariously telegraphed and isn't fast enough, wind gust is the only dangerous thing but the fact that you need to use the empty hand would get catch on real quick, wind blade simply doesn't do anything as it's too weak and can easily be destroyed. Also, windgust can get stagger out of which Ruby can do very easily here if traveler decide to hold it.
Skill is quite contentious but Ruby should be skilled enough to catch on to wind gust (literally the only threat here) and destroy traveler sword so those Billions of years isn't doing anything here.

So from what i see. Fight start, both class weapons, traveler favorite got destroyed, pull out the second 1, destroyed too, traveler get few cheeky hit with surprise wind gust and fail to land any tornado, Ruby catch on and simply dominate the now turtling traveler, fight drag on till traveler get exhausted.
1. Knocking someone's weapon out of their hand requires more than lifting strength, and even if that were the case Traveler can just get another one either from his inventory or just TKing it back into his hand. Meanwhile if the same happens to Ruby or Crescent Rose gets destroyed there's nothing she can do. Not to mention, saying that Traveler's swords break "on contact" doesn't make sense. Dull Blades can take hits from the likes of Abyuss Heralds, Dainsleif, Tartaglia, and God Scara without so much as a dent
2. The problem with this logic is that Amber was using her barriers against someone MUCH stronger than her, meanwhile Ruby is half as strong as Traveler is normally. The barrier is indeed larger than Traveler's sword range, but Traveler can blast Ruby with Anemo pretty easily. Not to mention, Ruby doesn't camp people out in character in this key, she goes for CQC 99% of the time
3. Pretty sure Anemo shred being restricted to his ult is a game mechanic. It's pretty safe to say that Traveler can shred resistances naturally since his ult is just using more wind. Even if that weren't the case, Traveler's ult, no matter how telegraphed it is, isn't literally snail level since Traveler is Supersonic by default, and therefore his attacks should be too, especially since the attack is capable of catching and killing Hilichurls. Not to mention, both his Elemental Skill and burst drag people into it
4. Once again i don't see why you think his sword is that poopoo stinky.

3. what do you mean by compacted speech?
you have no spacing with your sentences and at most all you do is press enter to start a new sentence, so everything looks to grouped up and is horrendous to look at, much less read without getting lose.

If you want to make long paragraphs, fine, but at least add some spacing like in my reply here.

Yes I'm aware it does the same thing and grants a speed amp but she's still gonna have a tough time harming traveler since he has multiple means of protecting himself, either via intangibility or forcefields, which Ruby's speed amp doesn't help nearly enough to circumvent. They will both struggle with hurting each other
Traveler can amp his own AP indirectly by reducing Ruby's resistance to Anemo, allowing him to keep his AP advantage (which unlike Ruby's limited ammo, can be used whenever he wants and will never run out), and his range is still relevant unless Ruby decides to fly away and snipe him from afar, which isn't in character for Ruby to do in a 1v1
I disagree with everything you said here, both out of an understanding for each series and the factors with out each abilities work, and have already made an earlier post explaining this, but you seemed to have decided to ignore it in ironically the same way you felt ignored, so **** you going to repost it again.
Going into hax and weaponry here, Ruby also takes this. While the traveler's Anemo powers grant a huge range of abilities, Ruby's own abilities can match and/or exceed the Travelers own in some way.
  • Allogene's and Visions users can create forcefields to block attacks, but's Ruby's own Aura grants her a forcefield that is not only more readily available, but also doesn't require as much concentration to be active. Ruby's aura just requires her to subconciously activate and be always active, while Allogene forcefields require concentration and aren't always active.
  • As mentioned before, Ruby's Semblance is superior to the elemental transformation provided by Vision users in terms of speed, and while Allogene trasnformations also provide intangibility, so does Ruby's semblance, so at best it just cancels out. On another note, while the Traveler can interact with non-physical beings such as spirits, Ruby's semblance works by dissassembling herself on the molecular level so that she can become intangible, so the Traveler can't even hit her while her Semblance is active. Add in the fact that Ruby herself is more used to actually using her semblance in combat and...well you get the idea. The only thing the Traveler has with the ability that Ruby doesn't is flight, which she doesn't have (for this key at least...)
  • Speaking of elemental powers, Ruby also takes this suprisingly with all the different dust types she has such as Fire, Ice and Electricity Dust, though this ability can be used against her by the traveler due to how Anemo powers work with other elements in the world of Genshin. Still, having this varied dust arsenal does mean she could potentially shock the Traveler with Lightning or freeze them with Ice Dust if she can get a hit in.
Ruby simply takes this because nearly everything the Traveler has, such as forcefields, intagibility, speed amps and whatnot, Ruby has in some way or form and are much more reliable than the Travelers own abilities, except for stuff exclusive to the Anemo Powers such as the tornado and the like. All of the travelers abilities are activated, require thought, and have drawbacks that leave them more limited, while Ruby's abilities are more readily available and active and have less drawbacks due to how they are incorporated into her fighting style.

And yes, I still think that Ruby would use her sniper rifle, she has used it many different times exactly just for sniping, and there is such a thing as restrategizing, because if Ruby knows that the Traveler has less range, why would she not try to abuse it?

It should also be stated that ruby doesn't just simply swing around a scythe with a sniper rifle, she incorporates it into both her offense and mobility, using both her semblance and the recoil from her sniper rifle shots to be an extremely acrobatic and fast individual. Might not be weird in the world of Rwby, but against someone who's lacks the same acrobatic finesse...yeah the traveler is ******.

As for your tibit about the Traveler's abilities being unlimited, it really doesn't matter since Ruby bring so much to the table as is. Even the anemo res decrease isnt likely going to be a tipping factor here considering the sheer mobility and range ruby has at her disposal, and even the AP gap isnt too big to warrrant and immediate verdict off of it.

Not to mention, I forgot to add this part, but Traveler has a canonically massive inventory full of consumables and additional weapons, way more than Ruby's ammo supply considering Traveler can carry hundreds if not thousands of items in their inventory (before you say it's a game mechanic, it actually has been mentioned in special events a couple of times). Unless they're restricted, those can give him amps, restore stamina, and heal him, as well as grant him additional abilities.
I also do want to mention that depending on the surroundings and what Ruby attacks him with, Traveler can actually end up swirling nearby elements, making all of his attacks stronger and also reducing Ruby's resistances to the element he swirls, making it a tad bit harder for Ruby on top of his base abilities
You did make a good point about the Traveler being able to hold many food items and whatnot, but I think that those same items shouldn't be included in the matchups. I'm just saying to restrict it for this matchup only, but in all matchups, for a few reasons.
  • The traveler may use any sword in the game, but in cutscenes they always have the same iron sword that they started out with at the beginning of the story/
  • Every single fight in the game, outside of a very few specific story fights, always have the player fighting a boss with a made up team of 4 random characters taken from different regions, regardless of when and where the story is or if they should even be able to be there. Much like how the Player's 4 man team isn't considered canon, the inventory list should (for the most part), be considered Video Game Mechanics as it shouldn't make sense for the character to heal with food in the middle of a fight or for it to grant attack/defense buffs.
I'm considering this my last comment because at this point you are going to reply again saying im wrong while stating the exact same reasons I just debunked and we are going to go in circles. I've already cast my vote, but im going to make it clear: Ruby wins this more often than due to a mix of having superior combat range and mobility, having more easily available options for forcefields and intangiblity on top of a more faster and easier to abuse speed amp, having a variety of elemental dusts types that will leave the travler on his toes, and overall just being a more acrobatic and fluid fighter than anything the traveler has ever done. Even the AP advantage the traveler has doesnt matter as aside from it being so close, Ruby can just amp herself more readily with gravity dust, while the Travelers "amp" (anemo resist decrease) requires him to actually hit Ruby first.

I'm gonna continue to follow this thread, but consider me silent unless someone comes in with a dumbass comment.

Back