• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Travis Touchdown vs Raiden (Metal Gear)

DarkGrath

Top Tiering Advisor in Liyue
She/Her
VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes 2) vs Raiden (Metal Gear Solid 4)

Figured I'd try and find a good match for Travis now that NMH3 has been announced! Not sure if this has been done before, but let's give it a try!

SBA. Speed Equalised. Both in-character.

Travis Touchdown: 1 (Tevin Betts)

Raiden:

Bumparoony!

Hmmm, analyzing it I have found this:

Strength definitely goes to Travis, their pages are pretty clear on his city level strangth vs Raidens town level strength, especially considering good old Travis has his beam katana to amplify his cutting strength.

Speed is a bit harder due to Travis's laser feet remaining a bit vague on the sound versus sight reaction on his part but in the end with his back turned we know he wasn't at least aim-dodging so I am going to label this as too close to truly make any difference.

Durability is completely on Travis's side as their pages show.

Intelligence is a bit harder but a slight advantage to Raiden as while Travis is a sword expert he is generally ignorant outside of combat and can be tricked by cheap tricks rather easily, although it is unlikely Raiden would attempt one.

Versatility goes to Raiden, mostly due to his usage of ranged weapons along with blades compared to Travis just carrying around multiple types of beam katanas.

Despite Raidens versatility advantage I actually give Travis the mentality advantage here as high tech weapons are nothing Travis hasn't seen before, especially military grade ones. Coupled with the fact any non explosive weapon is not going to be of any use against Travis, Raiden is down to not much Travis has not faced in the past other than his armor and blade. Travis, on the other hand, with his crazy special attacks will definitely throw Raiden for a loop.

One last thing I will note is any sort of stealth attack from Raiden probably won't work considering Travis's contending with Shinobu in a home-field advantage situation.

In the end I have to say it is pretty clear Travis has this, any ranged attacks from Raiden will likely be dodged or deflected considering Travis can avoid lasers, I see neither having a distinct swordsmanship advantage but do see Travis's wrestling helping him out, and in the end when it comes to a swordfight which we all know it will Travis's stats will give him the win. He also has a few more special modes to access than Raiden that as I mentioned before will completely catch Raiden off-guard due to their weirdness and so I see Travis overpowering Raiden with mid diff.

Ah, just a couple of important clarifications about your post.

No, I am not using City Level Travis versus MCB Raiden. I'm specifically using Travis in his Base NMH2 key, who was also MCB level. I'd imagine there is a slight AP advantage to one side or the other, but if I had used City Level Travis it would be an AP stomp.

Also, speed is equalised, so that's a moot point.

I'll still include your vote, since you still make quite a few good arguments besides those.

Oh sorry, in that case...

Travis wins high diff, it may last a bit longer but this time the only real difference I see is Travis may fill up his ecstasy gauge to end it instead of beating him before that point.

Fair enough by me. Your vote is still there. :)

It's time... for A B-B-B-BUMP!

Back