• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Two Civ's fight Composite Civilization vs United Nations of Earth (Two More)

The Civs already have their own Probability manipulation which is so good it's basically Fatehax

Eledgedly

But the worm loves them so it blocks off all causality effects What would happen if they used neutron sweep to destroy all minds on the planet?

According to composite Civ's page

(In both Alpha Centauri and Beyond Earth, the civilizations can achieve a victory by merging with the essence of the living planet itself, essentially becoming one with the planet)

Composite Civ regularly handles with and processes worms that passively obliterate minds into Psi weapons, and many of their units have Psi-resistances.

They also have passive mindhax, although the range isn't nearly as good.

I don't know why you insist that the hax having a better range makes it "superior" in whatever regard.

It just means that when they try to mindcontrol the Composiste Civ it fails since they have plenty of equipment to block PSI attacks that actually DESTROY minds as opposed to controlling them.

Because it actually effects everyone in that range at once?

Also, destroying minds is the exact same thing that is why the UN has one hit kill

It wouldn't affect anyone, they resist it. There's literal PSI sheilds you can build around your cities and PSI sheilding you put around your troops.

They deal with mind destruction when they process the worms they use to make PSI weapons. The very resource they use to make PSI weapons destroys minds on a default level, and they have sheilds against it on everything between the troops to the cities.

Why do you still think mindhax works here. Has the UN negated resistances before?

You misunderstand. There's a difference between just having a range of 4-A for mindhax, and actually effecting everyone within the range.

Also, half a galaxy >>>>>>>> 3 planets

That's like saying a 6-C attack that can hit a 5-B character from a galaxy away can magically harm them despite the gap in durability because "higher range equals higher potency".

Mindhax isn't even a factor here. Can we focus on what else the UN is capable of?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Sealing planets with forcefields that can't be teleported out of and tank high 4-C attacks
Antimatter Attacks, Black Hole Attacks, Quantum-level destruction, and Space-Time warping say "no".

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Except Antimatter, Quantum Manipulation, and Space-Time Manipulation is something the people who can get sealed by the forcefields all have.
Did the forcefeilds actually show that they could negate such abilities?

Even then the Composite Civ just precogs the attack and teleports themselves to another planet or sends out various fleets of ships immediatly.

Heck, they already have tons of ships that carry their tech flying around star systems.

How good is the precog?

The forecfields wouldn't be able to block teleportation if they teleport out before the attack even happens.

Also they Composite Civ could just rewind time to make an opening.

Several days in advance.

And you're implying they would teleport everyone off the planet. Once they seal one planet, the composite civ isn't getting them back, ever.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
Several days in advance.
And you're implying they would teleport everyone off the planet. Once they seal one planet, the composite civ isn't getting them back, ever.
Composite Civ's precog should be better in that case.

Yes, they could actually do that. At the end of Alpha Centauri and during Spaceships it's also implied that they colonize many more planets, and in the late game they should be absolutly capable of moving large quantities of tech and populations to other planets on a whim.

Unless the sealing automatically activates the moment the battle begins for whatever reasons, Composite Civ would see it happening in the future then move off-planet.

Mindhax resistance. Already told you they regularly resist and deal with stuff that can destroy minds.

Moving an entire population off of a planet? good luck with that.

Also, you are SERIOUSLY overestimating their resistance to mind control. Stellaris mind control is star wars level.

They can very easily do that with their tech, I don't know why that sounds so outlandish when their tech already has a planetary range.

I'm really not. Please read throught the technology trees I linked on the profile and read over the various PSI weapons and the Mind Worms. I think you're honestly underestimating it or you lack proper knowledge on Alpha Centauri.

Dargoo Faust said:
I'm really not. Please read throught the technology trees I linked on the profile and read over the various PSI weapons and the Mind Worms. I think you're honestly underestimating it or you lack proper knowledge on Alpha Centauri.
You do realize I made a sid meier's alpha centaur profile in 2017 but then matt deleted it right?

And if you want to link technology trees, here.

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Physics_research

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Society_research

https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Engineering_research

Then I have no idea why you're ignoring the existence of PSI weapons and sheilding, which should be perfectly capable of blocking the mindhax you linked.

I'm not saying they don't resist mind hax, I'm saying Mindhaxing half of a galaxy scales to mind hax potency.

To be fair, I've only played Civilization 5 and Alpha centauri. But unless there's a civilizaiton game in which they resist mind hax on that scale, the chosen one stands there, and the entire sid meier's civ gets mindhaxed.

"Mind hax potency"

What the
All that matters is the end-result of the hax. Range doesn't make it "more potent" other than letting them affect a larger area.

What? Not all hax is on the same scale. Otherwise, go remove Kirby's loss against Luke Skywalker since the only reason kirby lost was because Luke can mindhax on a galactic scale.

Unless it was because Luke just outranged Kirby, yes aboslutely that should be removed.

Range is just the area they can effect. Mindhax's potency is in the results, not the area of effect.

Back