• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The first match for the Gem Empire!

Tyranids:

Gem Empire: 1 (@CinnabarManx421)

Inconclusive:

Scenario:

- The Tyranid hive fleets are entering the Gem territories the same way they did in 40k

- Neither opponent has any beginning knowledge of the other

- One side wins when the other is unable to fight/has been destroyed

Gems go back in time and stop the first Tyranids from being born.

Just kidding. They don't do that in character, and have never shown the capacity to prevent Pink Diamond's shattering even though they could so...

Sir Ovens said:
Gems go back in time and stop the first Tyranids from being born.
Just kidding. They don't do that in character, and have never shown the capacity to prevent Pink Diamond's shattering even though they could so...
oof

So what's your vote, Sir of Oven?

Tyranids can eat rocks and consume minds, and the majority of their weapons wouldn't be much less effective against rocks either. They'd adapt even if they were less effective. And then you get Synapse creatures as powerful as Hive Tyrants, which have the psychic strength to unify and control billions of Tyranids.

@Prom Okay? Being able to eat rocks helps them how exactly against Gems? And Gems are unaffected by almost all of the Tyranids' weaponry from their innate physiology alone.

Gems have tech that lets them subdue the minds of billions just by existing, they have tractor beams that can render High 6-As completely unable to move, BFR via Immersion with Tomes, can just nuke the planet from orbit with their ships or bust the planet entirely with the Cluster, have a Lapis Lazuli drop an ocean, or even just send down a few White Lights to clear out basically everything

It might also be a problem for the Tyranids that they don't really have a whole lot of biomass to consume, so it might be harder for them to reproduce. Gems sorta kill off all the biolgical life on the planets they conquer, so the Tyranids could be left starving here.

Mind haxing tyranids connected to the Hivemind by one of the bigger control organisms is certainly a no no.

Nuking planets is barely a momentary fix, throwing an ocean likewise, especially as it wouldn't tickle the stronger life forms and is asking for the mountain durability Lapis Lazuli to get sniped.

Not much they can do against White Lights and the space ships, so they get b*tch slapped. Anyway, someone more knowledgeable should come talk a little here. I don't even remember when the Tyranids page was made hue.

Population: Likely at least Quintillions of warrior organisms and ships (during the early stages of the Tyranid invasion, "a billion times a billion" Tyranids were stated to stand at the rim of the galaxy, despite the fact many Hive Fleets have yet to even arrive). Far higher when accounting for lesser weapon organisms and biomorphs. Can increase population numbers by consuming biomass.

That's what it says right now.

Right but absorbing somethings mind is different from trying to control it, if they have no mind at all, they can't fight. Unless there's some proof they can resist their minds being absorbed, the Harmony Cores should be able to absorb their minds.

Trying to absorb the minds off tyranids under the Hivemind's control sounds a lot like trying to wrestle it away from his control, which is what I don't really see happening.

Well either way, I'm going to officialy vote for the Gems now. Their tech advantage would allow them to play the long game and play keep-away from the Tyranids for awhile.

That plus even some Non-combat Gems are stronger than the average Tyranid so they'll be able to hold them back for awhile. Plus Fusions and they can give the Tyranids a run for their money. Heck, the Gems themselves don't even have to fight, they can just use Light Prisms to create entire armies of light that would decimate the Tyranids on the ground.

Meanwhile the Gems will have control over Space and can keep hitting them from orbit with their ships, all the while the Tyranids will have trouble reproducing and making more soldiers due to the lack of biomass in Gem space. And if all else fails, they can summon armies of themselves from time itself and overwhelm them that way, or even just travel back in time and stop the invasion from happening in the first place.

So yeah, voting the Gems here.

CinnabarManx421 said:
IDK about the Tyranid ground troops but their ships are between 14-18 petatons iirc, so the Gems smack the Tyranids in space.
How would the Gems smack the Tyranids in space?

The standard Gem warships are only High 7-A, and they have like 4 ones that are actually High 6-A

Because

A) Those ships alone are far stronger than the Tyranid ships and could decimate their fleets on their own and

B)They can easily mass produce more of those ships using Replicator Wands.

Edit: To be precise they're about 111x stronger than the Tyranid ships.

Gonna have to discount the summoning armies from time and going back in time to stop the invasion, as that's never been a thing for them. Logically they could because of the hourglass thing, but without any idea for it's actual use is best not to blindly guess.

Likewise, anything below or at High 6-C is fair game for the normal troops because of their weapons which are in that range. The super little ones that don't even have weapons are the actual fodder, which will soon disappear when the Tyranids realize their uselessness.

Lastly, only the diamond ships and other ships on that level actually completely destroy them, the more normal Gem Warship is on the High 7-A scale, and gets snacked on by the Tyranids in the air.

CinnabarManx421 said:
Because
A) Those ships alone are far stronger than the Tyranid ships and could decimate their fleets on their own and

B)They can easily mass produce more of those ships using Replicator Wands.
.....How is a High 7-A ship far stronger than a High 6-A ship?

I am a bit unsure whether I would go for that.

Logically it makes sense but then... Why have Gem Warships when you can mass produce the strongest model infinitely? If we assume it is because the diamonds don't see anyone else fit to control them, why would this change?

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
Gonna have to discount the summoning armies from time and going back in time to stop the invasion, as that's never been a thing for them. Logically they could because of the hourglass thing, but without any idea for it's actual use is best not to blindly guess.
Likewise, anything below or at High 6-C is fair game for the normal troops because of their weapons which are in that range. The super little ones that don't even have weapons are the actual fodder, which will soon disappear when the Tyranids realize their uselessness.

Lastly, only the diamond ships and other ships on that level actually completely destroy them, the more normal Gem Warship is on the High 7-A scale, and gets snacked on by the Tyranids in the air.
Steven was able to do that very thing while just messing around with the Glass, and the Gems have far more knowledge on how it works than he does, since they built it and all.

Again, the Gems themselves don't even have to fight in the war, their armies of White Light world decimate the Tyranids and would be never ending, meanwhile the Tyranids have no biomass to consume and will be unable to reproduce.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
I am a bit unsure whether I would go for that.
Logically it makes sense but then... Why have Gem Warships when you can mass produce the strongest model infinitely? If we assume it is because the diamonds don't see anyone else fit to control them, why would this change?
The Diamonds have changed their stances on that quite a bit since "Change Your Mind", plus Bismuth. Lapis, and Peridot proved that normal Gems can pilot them easily in that same episode.

And again, assuming how they would use them when that has never been hinted in literally any way is not a smart move in my eyes, nor do I remember at any point them just simply dropping White Lights in any area that was causing trouble and not getting involved.

Again, by all means they "should" because of the items they have, but this is never shown to be the case. There would be no need for gems that can and do fight, there would be no need for gem warships when you just replicate the diamond warships, there would be no worry about anyone poofing ever because hey, we just pulled them back from the fast or we are telling ourselves in the future but... I mean, this is in no way hinted to be how the empire runs as far as I am aware? Unlike the Vex from Destiny which are very much portrayed like that.

It really depends on what Tyranids are in the fleet and what technology they have at that point. If they're any notable psykers than I think by that basis the Tyranids win.

Hive Tyrants mind hax is actually on the scale of trillions.

The Tyranids can get passed the lasers and canons by using Narvhal ships which warp space and time between where they are and their location to get there as quickly as possible and then overwhelm the homeworld with sheer numbers.

@Wok Looking at the swarmlord's profile its range is only planetary meaning the Gems severely outrange it, Gems dont use psyker powers so power null doesnt work, and it wont survive the Cluster busting the planet

I don't think the Hivemind would be fair. I'm pretty sure it's never fought with a fleet per say it's just they were invoking it's power to an extent. As for The Swarmlord if he gets on their homeworld it's game over. Unless the Gems have some superweapons that can deal with him. Even then that really depends on the nature of the powersource.

Theyre not on Homeworld theyre just in a random planet. As for dealing with him they can just have the Cluster bust the planet itself, or bfr him into a Tome

Also just want to point out, a single Harmony Core has mind hax in the trillions

Homeworld has thousands of them

And can make more instantly via duplicator wands

If they're on a random planet and he lands on it. They escape and then blow it up [which he can tanks and all that really does is BFR him into space]. What stops it from telepathically calling for a ship and hopping back on a ship from space. What is the Tome?

Also I don't know if mindhax will work due to their connections with the Hivemind. If it does work then I guess Tyarinds lose.

Back