• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unofficial Powers and Abilities Addition Thread 4

Are there any specific regulations on creating pages for verse-specific Powers and Abilities? Or is it just a "make sure it's okay with admins" kind of thing?

DarkGrath said:
Are there any specific regulations on creating pages for verse-specific Powers and Abilities? Or is it just a "make sure it's okay with admins" kind of thing?
The knowledgeable users on the verse have to be fine with it, as Eficiente told me, but beyond that, none as of now.

Gotcha. I was planning on making one for the Code Vein verse in which I'm pretty much the closest thing to a knowledgeable member who's interested in it. :p

DarkGrath said:
It'd need to be unique/seperate enough compared to other powers and abilities.

Actually, I think it would be better to link to Intangibility, since that just sounds like Elemental Intangibility.

Survivalism - A character's ability to survive in the wilderness without modern comforts. Things like hunting/tracking, knowledge on edible plants/fungus, basically any skill or knowledge that keeps you alive outside of civilization.

Regenerationn seems way too variable to be listed like that, and without it you're just combining Body Control and Elemental Intangibility, which seems too niche/pointless, especially when (I think?) Elemental Intangibility was considered too niche for its own page.

@Apies, that sounds like the combination of several aptitudes, you better list it under Intelligence.

Agnaa said:
Regenerationn seems way too variable to be listed like that, and without it you're just combining Body Control and Elemental Intangibility, which seems too niche/pointless, especially when (I think?) Elemental Intangibility was considered too niche for its own page.
It's a little unusual as a type of Regenerationn, though we can still quantify it on the same scale. It really stems from immortality type 2, and the ability to put oneself back together.
That reminds me, we should have a scale for type 2 equivalent to type 3.

The God Of Procrastination said:
It's a little unusual as a type of Regenerationn, though we can still quantify it on the same scale. It really stems from immortality type 2, and the ability to put oneself back together.
But what I mean is that there's no default level of Regenerationn to be assumed from that, so Regenerationn would need to be listed on its own on the profile anyway.

I agree with Agnaa's points. There is no default Regenerationn from from those cases of Elemental Intangibility. For example, in One Piece, characters with those type of Elemental Intangibility have Regenerationn that wildly varied like Borsalino's High Regenerationn, Sakazuki's Low-High Regenerationn, and Kuza's High-Mid Regenerationn.

Ok. So I gave it a little thought, I do know several characters who use it, just felt a little to useless at first. But I do see potential use that they have used this power for

Color Manipulation. Exactly what it sounds like, able to manipulate, change, or remove the color from objects or people.

The uses i have seen in this as a sort of Camouflage. People like Pink panther have turned his environment pink to conceal his body,

Removing the color is capable of turning them invisible (as lacking color, they become clear)

A certain characters have removed emotional or manipulate them through color or lack of color. I believe De Blob is an example for that

It can be useful against people who use color specific stuff as well potentially. Certain characters like maybe Inkling who can utilize a specific color of ink. Though that may be situational depending on the character

Mmm, marginally, by altering the properties of objects (unless you suggest using Matter Manip to control light, in which case yes, but still mainly Light Manip).

Hell, a certain verse treats has it accepted as Concept Manip.

To be fair, anything can be Conceptual Manipulation, is the meta level of any power, consider Meta Color Manipulation to be a subpower Meta Light Manipulation.

The only two characters I can think of that can get that are Minecraft players and D&D players (Especially Artificers)

The Smashor said:
The only two characters I can think of that can get that are Minecraft players and D&D players (Especially Artificers)
My ma D&D just has this as Power Bestowal at the moment.

The Smashor said:
There would be a lot verses like Skyrim dealing with Magic from what I know that would get Enchantment if the page is created, not just few.

The Smashor said:
Epithet Erased would get it since those characters can imbue their powers into objects. i.e. if they can de-age someone they can add that to bullets to de-age people when they're hit by them. So it's not even just RPG verses.

@KLOL Don't we basically already have that with abilities like Psychometry?

Retrocog is a significantly more limited form tho, it only allows you to see stuff that's already happened and might or might not be dependant on touch.

For example, take Arkham Batman's Detective Vision which creates accurate representations of past events via observing evidence and not actually touching it. Or Eagle Vision in Assassin's Creed, which literally requires you to do nothing and you'd see all the past events that happened (And sometimes in places where you're not supposed to see them but do anyway due to overexposure to a machine that allows to relive ancestor's memories which casuses halucinations of memories of previous ancestors merging with the present).

Back