• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Unpopular opinions.

I wonder if we can togle discussion rules if we can make good arguments..
would be pretty cool do that
If a good enough argument can be made then discussion rules can be and are ignored. It's just very rare since the fact that those rules exist to begin with means that every angle has been exhausted, unless you use new information.

the way the last thread went , doubt it
That thread should've been focused on Low 1-C, people used 2-C as an exploit to avoid the argument, and call it "wank". That's what made me disappointed. Let's not talk about the whole " Muh Discord screenshot " argument, which is honestly ridiculous

Dragon Balls kinda gets the Bleach treatment, in some way: people think and complain that it's wanked, and in order to " purge the wank" They end up downplaying the verse

What's the reason you don't agree with Low 1-C Sonic if i may ask?
All sonic supporters in that thread said that being infinitely superiority to 4-D is not necessary for low 1-C so low 1-C sonic is valid,then Ultima comes to Pmmm thread and said that it's still needed kek

Dragon ball z is well written.
Most anime fans are cringe
Bleach is better than naruto
Hunter x hunter is overhyped
Most female protagonist are boring.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Old Door has a better atmosphere, but Super Paper Mario has a better story and characters IMO
Eh, I don't think that's unpopular. From what I've seen most people think Super has the best story, while TTYD has the better gameplay and atmosphere. Though I truthfully think that the first Paper Mario has the best atmosphere, especially in chapter 7.

Eh, I don't think that's unpopular. From what I've seen most people think Super has the best story, while TTYD has the better gameplay and atmosphere. Though I truthfully think that the first Paper Mario has the best atmosphere, especially in chapter 7.
Maybe, I never grew up with TTYD so I never really got why it's seen as such a gem

SPM has the best story
TTYD has the best gameplay
PM1 has some of the best atmosphere, and Chapter 7 in it is a perfect example why indeed and might just be my favorite chapter in the entire series.

None of these are 'hot takes', but I don't get the chance to talk about my thoughts on this front and since someone else did, I get to, so it makes me feel happy.

Here are some.

1. The new Star Wars trilogy had terrible writing, but I do not care. I liked the movies.
2. VSBW is actually a reliable source for the most part. Most people complaining on other forums just cannot accept a character they like or don't like being under or overpowered.
3. Minecraft is overrated.
4. Fall Guys was inevitable going to die quickly, even if Among Us wasn't going to get popular.
5. Famous verses are often upgraded when the feats are clear inconsistencies.
6. Shiza is overrated.
7. The Bleach downgrade was entirely justified.
8. The removal of the internal forum was entirely unjustified, despite the spam and hate.
9. Tier 2 fights are equally as boring as Tier 1 in most cases.
10. Goku has no character development but does anybody really care?
I agree with most of what you say.

Alright, I might actually have an unpopular opinion all along that I haven't shared here.

Versus Threads are Overrated

I was reminded by this when I came upon a recent thread talking about how Speed doesn't matter because it gets equalized in matches anyways, most of the time. It's a very shortsighted opinion (yeah I know, the post itself is not that serious, it was posted in JBW. But still, I've seen this brought up before). Yes, I'm well aware of the fact that the main driving force of this wiki and culture in general is versus debating.

But. We're an indexing wiki, and the indexing part is, IMHO, more important than Versus Threads (which is just one part of it). Indexing is fun, statistics is fun, and I'm certain a lot of people came here with that opinion, whether we're deeply aware of it or not. I just like figuring out the most accurate representation of the characters and verses I'm interested in and putting it up on the wiki. Of course there are people who come here to wank the shit out of their favorite verses, but that's still indexing, though in a very dishonest and malicious way.

People put way too much focus and importance in Versus Threads and versus debating in general. People all get bent out of shape since time immemorial (by that I mean since the inception of battleboarding) within these threads. It is one of the root cause of unnecessary drama and people shouldn't really take it too seriously. That doesn't mean that they shouldn't be taken with integrity, which is another problem entirely.

Well, this ended up way dramatic than it actually should. Might as well post this in r/CharacterRant. But no worries, I'm chill.

Last edited:
Super saiyan 4 is an over the top design that dosen't fit the Super Saiyan theme, and should have been a seperate transformation line.

Are these even unpopular opinions? They seem pretty eh one way or the other.

Kid buu vs goku was better than frieze vs goku
Sakura vs sasori is better than naruto vs pain
Mineta is better than bakugo.
Jojo has the most overrated power system, chakra and magic are better than it.

I
Are these even unpopular opinions? They seem pretty eh one way or the other.
Ssj4 is pretty much one of the most popular Dragon Ball forms. Heck it's usually the one thing people always like from GT. I don't get it though. Sure it plays to the Great Ape heritage, but it just looks silly to me.

I mean, if by "better" you mean " more interesting" than yes, you can be subjective.

Hell, even if you mean which is stronger, that's still subjective.

Some stuff inspired by this thread.
MLP FiM was always overrated, not in sense that it was bad, just over praised.
TTYD and SPM also fall in that category.
New Invincible series is also okay, again, just overpraised. I can't go back an read the series when it came out, but I've seen whats conveyed in the animated series before.
To end the overpraised part of this list, every show made after BTAS in the DCAU barring the Zeta Project/Web Series is vastly superior to BTAS's overrated ass.

Speaking of the DCAU, unless it picks up from the end of JLU or is BB related I'd rather there be no new content for the verse period. Recent BTAS comics have had a myriad of problems such as trying to retroactively introduce Jason Todd to the verse or even more minor mishaps such as having characters reference HBO MAX in late 90s/2000s continuity.

Legitimately fell asleep watching The Last Jedi when it came out, no seriously. Look I know this isn't an unpopular opinion, I'm just seeing way too much praise for it and the rest of the sequel trilogy here for my own liking lol.

Death Battle shouldn't weigh stomps too often over audience demand.

Barring Sonic Mania. Generations, and Adventure 1 (Dreamcast/PC w/ Mods) were the last great "Major" Sonic games.

Ys needs more representation on this site.

Dragon Ball Super Profiles on this site need better clarification for anime/manga profiles and keys. For example Son Goku (Dragon Ball Super) -> Son Goku (Super Anime). The way its done right now I feel is dumb.

What system is more interesting than another will always be subjective by its very nature.
No, you can talk objective for anything. even intresting, also if we talk about power system, an element is his importance and how good it is. and those are objective
People differ in interpretation of powers and scaling.
hm, though, who do that is basically in wrong. you can't view feats with other eyes, the power is one. if characther X destroy a galaxy, and a dude think it's a universe, then he is in wrong.

No, you can talk objective for anything. even intresting, also if we talk about power system, an element is his importance and how good it is. and those are objective
What? How interesting people find chakra or magic or whatever isn't objective. You can wax poetic as much as you want about a system but it will always only be more interesting from a certain groups perspective.
hm, though, who do that is basically in wrong. you can't view feats with other eyes, the power is one. if characther X destroy a galaxy, and a dude think it's a universe, then he is in wrong.
An extremely obvious hypothetical doesn't speak for the totality of powerscaling.

What? How interesting people find chakra or magic or whatever isn't objective. You can wax poetic as much as you want about a system but it will always only be more interesting from a certain groups perspective.
I didn't say it is, i said it can. and dosen't matter the prespective, it can still be objective
An extremely obvious hypothetical doesn't speak for the totality of powerscaling.
they are still in wrong. it is impossible to find a subjective reality when it comes to scaling, also wdym with with "hypotetical"?

I didn't say it is, i said it can. and dosen't matter the prespective, it can still be objective
In what world would "I like this more than this" be objective?
they are still in wrong. it is impossible to find a subjective reality when it comes to scaling, also wdym with with "hypotetical"?
As in, the situation where this would happen is hypothetical. Powerscaling as a whole is extremely subjective.

Word of advice, you're not gonna last long here if you keep carrying that toxic "scaling is objective" mindset. Opinions exist and odds are, we're going to go with opinions that aren't yours.

In what world would "I like this more than this" be objective?
It wouldn't be like "i like this more than this", it would be "this is better than this".. a example is hm, like magic in [generic isekai] objectively isn't nowhere comparable to alchemy from FMA
As in, the situation where this would happen is hypothetical. Powerscaling as a whole is extremely subjective.
Word of advice, you're not gonna last long here if you keep carrying that toxic "scaling is objective" mindset. Opinions exist and odds are, we're going to go with opinions that aren't yours.
hm, kinda schoked .. but it also explains everything that happens here. However, im refering to power scaling in general, not only the wiki so

Back