• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Very Minor Luffy downgrade

Just removing or improving some questionable abilities for Luffy

First of all
I fail to see how this is enough for any ability, at best we need to reword it, with some actual feats or statements. At worst just removed it completely.

We also know that Luffy rushes in head first into basically anything. I fail to see how he has any form of real "stealth"

Second
First of all, the scan doesn't even work.
Second of all, him changing directions of his own attack doesn't qualify for Homing attacks.

From what I understand Phyton and other gear 4 (Snakeman) attacks, can change direction mid air, with the will of luffy or just bounce. Now why is this a problem?

From the Homing attacks page
Homing Attacks are moves that directly seek out its target, reducing the chance of missing even if the user or the opponent makes sharp turns, is in the air or suspended in space, and have a long distance between each opponent. Some homing attacks can continue seeking out their target even if there are obstacles between the homing attack and the target.
The main point is, that it directly seeks out it's target.

It isn't just being able to extend your limbs and bend them, like in Luffy's case.

Current proposal to be changed to

Thank you everyone that is participating in this thread. I hope we can all have a civil discussion, and I wish everyone a great day.

PS, I am sorry for my bad English

Agree - @Damage3245 (Some points seems fair), @Nierre (on stealth mastery)

Disagree -

Neutral - @DarkDragonMedeus (on Homing), @Nierre (on homing)

Last edited:
Luffy seeking out it's target and following their movement and technology seeking out it's target and following it's movement is basically the same thing

There's no difference there especially when obs Haki is even involved

The homing page perfectly describes what luffy is doing

Luffy seeking out it's target and following their movement and technology seeking out it's target and following it's movement is basically the same thing
Homing isn't limited to technology, the problem here is that the attack should do it "automaticly" without the input from the user.

Also, with that argument, I can just call a normal punch ""Homing"" if i change the direction mid way.

My point is that a attack can only count as "homing" if it's seeks out it's target by itself, not with A conscious human mind directing it.

Last edited:
which observation haki can do, even still homing attacks can still directed by humans similar to like a drone
I don't see your point, First of if Observation Haki could do that, that would be on the page, but it can't. It is just Luffy seeing the future, and bending the attacks so the attack where the opponent is going, due to him aiming their. That is just normal Precog.

Also, drones don't have "homing" when they are directed by a human.

I don't see your point, First of if Observation Haki could do that, that would be on the page, but it can't.
because observation haki doesn't attack...
0659-012.png
0659-013.png
0659-014.png

His own body is moving on it's own solely because of haki targeting brook's presence

An attack always chasing you is literally a homing attack
0784-016.png
0895-005.png

Luffy himself even says that python is chasing/going after them
It is just Luffy seeing the future, and bending the attacks so the attack where the opponent is going, due to him aiming their. That is just normal Precog.
Precog has nothing to do with the observation haki I'm talking about.
Also, drones don't have "homing" when they are directed by a human.
I guess kinda, but the examples has Heat Seeking Missiles listed as a homing attack which senses heat and targets that while luffy can do the same with observation haki but instead is sensing their presence which works subconsciously

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure i remember Luffy demonstrating some pretty good stealth mastery feats (Especially whenever food is involved, he's good at taking that when no one is looking); and just because he doesn't normally make use if it in character does not mean is isn't in capable of it.

Neutral about the homing attack though.

I'm pretty sure i remember Luffy demonstrating some pretty good stealth mastery feats (Especially whenever food is involved, he's good at taking that when no one is looking); and just because he doesn't normally make use if it in character does not mean is isn't in capable of it.
While I do agree, He has some decent stealth feats, the problem for me that it is extremly rareley, done and usally can't keep it up for long. Not to mentioned when he dose it, it is only to have fun or get food (meat)

That is why i suggested to either remove it, or at least change the description to have better examples, preferably with some scans.
(would love if someone in the one piece community would come here and help with that.)
Neutral about the homing attack though.
Will add you to neutral there then.

Thank you for your vote and explanation.

Luffy rarely performing stealth mastery doesn’t change the fact that he still has the ability tho????wtf
I mean that as in, him doing something only to be "caught" due to doing something stupid, or being unable to to act, or be stealthy. And the this only seems to be a case form of "comic relief".

So do you think, sneaking into a place only to be caught for doing something stupid, deserves to be called "stealth mastery?

That was what i meant by rarely.

I mean that as in, him doing something only to be "caught" due to doing something stupid, or being unable to to act, or be stealthy. And the this only seems to be a case form of "comic relief".

So do you think, sneaking into a place only to be caught for doing something stupid, deserves to be called "stealth mastery?

That was what i meant by rarely.
HUH???so Luffy cant have stealth mastery because the scenes where he demonstrates stealth mastery are stupid/funny??

so Luffy cant have stealth mastery because the scenes where he demonstrates stealth mastery is stupid/funny??
Are you you actually reading my entire reply, or only focusing on specifc parts of it?
Or is my English just that bad you can't understand it?

Are you you actually reading my entire reply, or only focusing on specifc parts of it?
Or is my English just that bad you can't understand it?
im trying to understand your argument here
it looks like the reason why you are not fine with stealth mastery is because he only performs stealth mastery to have fun or to get food
this is what you said
"it is extremly rareley, done and usally can't keep it up for long. Not to mentioned when he dose it, it is only to have fun or get food (meat)"

im trying to understand your argument here
it looks like the reason why you are not fine with stealth mastery is because he only performs stealth mastery to have fun or to get food
this is what you said
"it is extremly rareley, done and usally can't keep it up for long. Not to mentioned when he dose it, it is only to have fun or get food (meat)"
So you are completly ignoring all the other arguments, such as "getting caught" "being unable to properly hide" "only being able to actually be stealthy during certain sitautions"

Or the fact it is litterly stated in the CRT itself to
I fail to see how this is enough for any ability, at best we need to reword it, with some actual feats or statements. At worst just removed it completely.
As mentioned, legit in my CRT, I am either looking to remove it complelty, OR actually get a better explantion with some actual feats and scans.

That would be something you would have known, if you actually read the CRT. But instead you choose to nitpick the one thing you found wrong (my shitty english, debating and explaantion skills are work)

So we have 3 options
First you can either read the actual CRT, and my proposals and actually give some input.
Second, you can just leave.
Third, We continue a pointless debate that dosen't actually have something to do with the thread. and is rather a problem with my English.

Guido Mista has homing attack just because his stand kicks the bullets he fires at the target and changes their trajectory.

Guido Mista has homing attack just because his stand kicks the bullets he fires at the target and changes their trajectory.
My point was, that if it was chasing after the target automaticly, and with more confirmation and the scans that have been provided, I can clearly say it dose. Now i just gotta reword the description for it.

In this case, the "semi" part should be removed, Luffy should have homing attack with all the letters

doesn't the chase part not imply that? The attack chasing after you means it's following/tracking you
It is midnight here and i am tired braindead rn, so i misread the what you said.... Sorry about that (that is why i deleted the comments after publishing it.... I am sorry about that, it was my mistake there.

Dose this look better?

Tried to improve it, but I am also shit with grammar...
The ending doesn't really make much sense but the beginning part seem better, I edited my post above with it

Tried to improve it, but I am also shit with grammar...
Nah.. It's just that grammar is shit, not us 🙈😴

Nah.. It's just that grammar is shit, not us 🙈😴
ahh hell nah, just realized we both from Sweden I think 🙉 not a good look 😶‍🌫️

Now for the fun part.... We just wait for the CRT to either get accepted or rejected...
You can wait or simply ask staff if they can give input... You should preferably also edit the top post to conclude the proposals for the suggested changes 🐵

Back