• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vision users resist the effects of Smaragdus Jadeite (Genshin Impact)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to make something for today so here is this.

Smaragdus Jadeite contain concentrated elemental energy, which affect the health of ther persons and Vision users aren't affected by it.

I don't really know exactly what hax is, to me is either radiation manip or biological manip, though I can see even a argument for emphatic manip because of the part about cause changes in personality, but regardless of what is the characters should gain resistance to said hax, they also should gain said hax do to the use of elemental energy, though I'm not sure how combat applicable would be since is said that prolonged exposure is needed to affect a person.

Also, shouldn't the Liyue Traveler have dimensional storage/pocket dimension from the Serenitea Pot and the object itself as equipment?

empathic manipulation is more likely since it also causes agitation.

Yeah Traveler should get dimensional storage at least

Well i guess it should be fine for biological manip since it turn people ill, empathic manip for being able to cause agitation and change of personality in a worst case scenario (with the illness being worse as a bonus).

Both Baizhu and Yanfei seem to imply that only normal human that doesn't have a vision or some special constitution would be affected so vision wielder and clearly supernatural being should get resistance to it, maybe Hillichurl might also get it since they aren't exactly mortal in this context.

Characters that have attack that should be dense in elemental energy (Zhongli, Venti (?), Raiden) should have bio manip and empathic manip, would also explain how the traveler feel despair and got extremely dizzy after exposing to Musou Hitotachi. Lawachurl might have this as passive since they are basically walking concentrated elemental energy, especially once they enhance themself.

Also agree with traveler dimensional storage (pretty useless but hey).

I wanted to make something for today so here is this.

Smaragdus Jadeite contain concentrated elemental energy, which affect the health of ther persons and Vision users aren't affected by it.

I don't really know exactly what hax is, to me is either radiation manip or biological manip, though I can see even a argument for emphatic manip because of the part about cause changes in personality, but regardless of what is the characters should gain resistance to said hax, they also should gain said hax do to the use of elemental energy, though I'm not sure how combat applicable would be since is said that prolonged exposure is needed to affect a person.

Also, shouldn't the Liyue Traveler have dimensional storage/pocket dimension from the Serenitea Pot and the object itself as equipment?

I agree with the resistances and non-combat applicable dimensional storage/pocket dimension but the hax is a no. In a similar vain to when the Mikage Furnace went haywire the Jadeite passively gives off elemental energy to a dangerous extent. There’s no reason to believe a vision wielder would have this same danger, because if anything it’d be a hassle to hurt people who touch you for an extended period of time for obvious reasons. It’s probably either that the elemental energy is safely sealed within the vision and the wielder being able to channel it giving them a resistance to similar effects, the elemental energy being safely contained within their body until they use it, or something else along those lines. If I had to guess I’d say it’s the first one with the obvious exception of the Traveler.

I agree with the resistances and non-combat applicable dimensional storage/pocket dimension but the hax is a no. In a similar vain to when the Mikage Furnace went haywire the Jadeite passively gives off elemental energy to a dangerous extent. There’s no reason to believe a vision wielder would have this same danger, because if anything it’d be a hassle to hurt people who touch you for an extended period of time for obvious reasons. It’s probably either that the elemental energy is safely sealed within the vision and the wielder being able to channel it giving them a resistance to similar effects, the elemental energy being safely contained within their body until they use it, or something else along those lines. If I had to guess I’d say it’s the first one with the obvious exception of the Traveler.
I'm not saying they release elemental energy all the time, I'm saying that since they use elemental energy they should have it because if for example they fight for much time (like hours or even days) they would use a lot of elemental energy which would fulfil the condition of concentrated elemental energy and the long exposure

I'm not saying they release elemental energy all the time, I'm saying that since they use elemental energy they should have it because if for example they fight for much time (like hours or even days) they would use a lot of elemental energy which would fulfil the condition of concentrated elemental energy and the long exposure
Oh, I thought I replied to this. This does make sense for a Likely to me now that you explained it that way. Maybe even just generally for Ei because of how the Traveler was effected.

The resistance could probably be worded as a resistance against elemental energy where we describe the effects of elemental energy as part of the justification.

Ah yes, the first step toward elemental energy getting a page of it own, i can already see that now :v.
That thought is new to me but if elemental energy gets enough effects and properties that are ascribed to it, then that might actually happen.

so someone with strong elemental energy can inflict mental affliction by exuding a lot of elemental energies? pog

That thought is new to me but if elemental energy gets enough effects and properties that are ascribed to it, then that might actually happen.
I mean, I honestly think that is weird that there don't are a physiology page for vision users, there are several abilities to it, acrobaticts (since I don't know a single vision user who can't do that, maybe Klee or the child vision users are a exception?), elemental manip, elemental intag, forcefield, enhanced senses, this thread itself, and I'm pretty sure that the list will increase considering the fact that the game is only beginning.

The resistance could probably be worded as a resistance against elemental energy where we describe the effects of elemental energy as part of the justification.
I've already commented further up above and don't have much else to say as of right now. Perhaps I'll have a new thought pop up in my head or I might see a comment that will get a response out of me but nothing like that is currently the case.

Anyway, wouldn't this be disease and empathic manipulation, in combination?

The suggested changes seems uncontroversial to apply in that case.

Anyway, wouldn't this be disease and empathic manipulation, in combination?

The suggested changes seems uncontroversial to apply in that case.
I also thought it could be disease manip and resistance, but wasn't sure, I remember however another crt talking about disease resistance though that in the end I think didn't go so to wait for more example, so don't know if classify it as that, more opinions would be good.

In principle I also think are uncontroversial and pretty simple, but since is something that would affect every profile of the game I would like more input from staff just in case.

The effects seem to be Disease Manipulation and Empathetic Manipulation indeed. Why would the characters resist them though, if the effects take a very long period of continuous exposure to manifest themselves?

The effects seem to be Disease Manipulation and Empathetic Manipulation indeed. Why would the characters resist them though, if the effects take a very long period of continuous exposure to manifest themselves?
The seventh picture from the OP features a statement from Baizhu who says that these effects affect people without a Vision.

The seventh picture from the OP features a statement from Baizhu who says that these effects affect people without a Vision.
Ah I see. My apologies, I'm unfamiliar with the terminology as I haven't played Genshin Impact.
But yeah, in this case this should be good to go then. Though I'm still wondering if they should get Limited Resistance since the ill effects only kick in after prolonged exposure.

Ah I see. My apologies, I'm unfamiliar with the terminology as I haven't played Genshin Impact.
But yeah, in this case this should be good to go then. Though I'm still wondering if they should get Limited Resistance since the ill effects only kick in after prolonged exposure.
That might be worth discussing.

I'm not sure about limited since how much combat applicable would be probably change depending of the character since the amounts of concentrated elemental energy they use probably vary depending of their fighting style, someone like Noelle (A girl with just a big sword) I can see would take more time to use the amount of elemental energy needed to affect others but someone like Raiden as mentioned in this thread seem to provoke the effects very fast.

Also in the imgur itself Yanfei suspected that the hairpin was fake when she asked Ziquiao what she felt when she first touched it and she only said that it was smooth, to what Yanfei later said that the thing most certainly would not be "smooth to the touch", so there also seem to be at least some grade of effect with just touching it, while depending of the natural resistance of the person the effects at long exposure can vary from just sickness to changes in personality.

So I think the best would be just list it as disease manip and empathetic manip and then in the vs with each character is decided how much combat applicable would be in the respective fight.

Also, what would be the suggested wording to add it to the profiles?

I'm not sure about limited since how much combat applicable would be probably change depending of the character since the amounts of concentrated elemental energy they use probably vary depending of their fighting style, someone like Noelle (A girl with just a big sword) I can see would take more time to use the amount of elemental energy needed to affect others but someone like Raiden as mentioned in this thread seem to provoke the effects very fast.

Also in the imgur itself Yanfei suspected that the hairpin was fake when she asked Ziquiao what she felt when she first touched it and she only said that it was smooth, to what Yanfei later said that the thing most certainly would not be "smooth to the touch", so there also seem to be at least some grade of effect with just touching it, while depending of the natural resistance of the person the effects at long exposure can vary from just sickness to changes in personality.

So I think the best would be just list it as disease manip and empathetic manip and then in the vs with each character is decided how much combat applicable would be in the respective fight.
That could work then.
Also, what would be the suggested wording to add it to the profiles?
A person more familiar with the verse and its intricacies should probably write the descriptions, but I guess it could be something along the lines of:
Disease Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation (Prolonged exposure to the Smaragdus Jadeite, which contain concentrated elemental energy, can cause effects which vary from illnesses at best to changes in personal and temperament at worst)

As for the resistances, it could probably be something like:
Resistance to Disease Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation (Visions users can resist the effects of Smaragdus Jadeite)

Though it might be worth noting on the individual profiles to which extent the character in question gets these abilities/resistances to avoid confusion in the future.

That could work then.

A person more familiar with the verse and its intricacies should probably write the descriptions, but I guess it could be something along the lines of:
Disease Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation (Prolonged exposure to the Smaragdus Jadeite, which contain concentrated elemental energy, can cause effects which vary from illnesses at best to changes in personal and temperament at worst)

As for the resistances, it could probably be something like:
Resistance to Disease Manipulation and Empathic Manipulation (Visions users can resist the effects of Smaragdus Jadeite)

Though it might be worth noting on the individual profiles to which extent the character in question gets these abilities/resistances to avoid confusion in the future.
Thanks a lot for the help.

I guess we can applying this revision now?
I guess so, though before apply the changes others should say if they are fine with this wording or should be changed:
If there is no problem with the wording them we can begin to add it to the profiles.

Also as a note to add the reference to it is from the mission A Teapot to Call Home: Part I

Edit: From my part I think I can begin to apply it to some profiles the wednesday or thursday that before that I will be busy with uni.

Last edited:
I am fine with this change, I only withheld comment because I wasn't really sure what elemental energy is composed of. I'll probably get to work contextualizing this but these resistances should be fine for now.

What UchihaSlayer96 accepted can probably be applied, yes. Tell me here when I should close this thread.

I added it to The Traveler, Amber, Lisa, Diluc, Jean, Barbara, Klee and Noelle, look at them to see if there is something wrong.

Since there are a lot of profiles it would be goo if others can also apply the things to some of them, specially the profile of Raiden to also add her own feat mentioned in this thread, I still don't reach Inazuma so I'm not gonna touch anything of that point.

Thank you for helping out.

Please list the EXACTLY WORDED titles for all of the wiki pages that you need me to unlock for you to edit, so my automated unlocking script can handle it.

Thank you for helping out.

Please list the EXACTLY WORDED titles for all of the wiki pages that you need me to unlock for you to edit, so my automated unlocking script can handle it.
I think no genshin impact profile is locked so it shouldn't be necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back