• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Vs battles wiki pet peeves

Bullets in One piece are also shown blitzing a stupid amount of fighters, is One Piece slower than bullet now?
Link is also shown weaker than a micro-sized explosion from a barrel, is Link stuck in tier 9 now?
You can't even try to break a wall with a powerful spell by the rules of D&D, obviously this means that even disintegrate doesn't hold a candle to the all-mighty GUN and all the "me shoot gun at dragon, me kill, 1 hit" were right all along.
Sonic's movements in game are shown to not even be close to the speed of sound, is sonic the biggest fraud ever now? (depending on who you ask I guess some may say yes, I'm neutral, I've never played Sonic)
Back to the Future spoilers I guess

In back to the Future 1 the Lightning that powers the DeLorean at the end is shown as slower than Doc'c movements...is Doc MHS? Is the lightning bolt human speed?

Need I go on?

Well I was referring more to the "powers from nowhere" problem than to the "inflated ratings" problem that dancing around game mechanics can cause (as I haven't looked into that side too much) but it's highly likely that that's a thing too
Then what would you go off? An unrelated ability that almost fits the bill?
Sorry if I'm being too aggressive.

Media literacy on this site is fucking nonexistent, holy shit. Like, is this what life is like when you don't read enough as a kid? If so, thank fucking god my mother was an English teacher.
For real though! Its like the content of the crt is right there in front of you, how are you interoperating x as meaning y when you have the source saying otherwise right in your face?

Media literacy on this site is fucking nonexistent, holy shit. Like, is this what life is like when you don't read enough as a kid? If so, thank fucking god my mother was an English teacher.
Pretty sure this goes past a pet peeve when you're actively insulting other people. Not only that, but I know exactly what you're referring to, and I don’t think a thread not going the way you hoped warrants this reaction. Supposedly uncontroversial CRTs being anything but that isn't anything new

Pretty sure this goes past a pet peeve when you're actively insulting other people. Not only that, but I know exactly what you're referring to, and I don’t think a thread not going the way you hoped warrants this reaction. Supposedly uncontroversial CRTs being anything but that isn't anything new
I just said media literacy is nonexistent on this site. That's a very general complaint that I've had for years, and this latest thread is just one of many examples (which is why I brought it up). It's not aimed at anybody in particular (unless you wanna count the entire site).

I just said media literacy is nonexistent on this site. That's a very general complaint that I've had for years, and this latest thread is just one of many examples (which is why I brought it up). It's not aimed at anybody in particular (unless you wanna count the entire site).
I suppose, though I'm not quite fond of it considering I usually find the more amicable response to be the best one

You know how hax powers in the AP section are listed as ignoring durability? Why is there no inverse in the durability section, for defensive abilities like regeneration, intangibility, damage transferal, etc. that ignore attack potency? (and maybe for powers that "ignore speed" like time stop or stat reduction)
There are stuff in the dura section for that depending on the profile. Usually “regen makes them hard to kill”

I suppose, though I'm not quite fond of it considering I usually find the more amicable response to be the best one
Nerd vs geek

Nerd vs geek
I'm finished
hTDtaeW.gif

Profiles with no scans and only references. I get it that it is valid as long as it has references but would it be that hard to post some scans so visitors can quickly verify as well as understand the context and mechanism of P&A, feats etc
At the same time hate when people do that, as that forces you to just dig through the whole series just to get to that specific point

Profiles with no scans and only references. I get it that it is valid as long as it has references but would it be that hard to post some scans so visitors can quickly verify as well as understand the context and mechanism of P&A, feats etc
Or the opposite in older profiles: scans with no references. You have the explanation and the link leads to a text excerpt that only has a small paragraph repeating the same the power explanation said, but nothing indicating where it came from.

Alot of the Naruto scans were nuked on Imgur, but thanks to references, they can be tracked and found.

Going through the process of replacing the scans is hell, but thank god there are references 🙏🙏

Back