• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

VSBW agrees with Death Battle: Optimus Prime vs Gundam (7-1) (Grace period)

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Optimus Prime (Transformers: Prime) vs RX-78-2 Gundam

Optimus Prime (Transformers: Prime) with Upgraded Form vs RX-78-2 with hyper bazooka (with 16 shots), twin vulcan cannon and twin beam sabres piloted by Amuro Ray (One-Year War).

Battle takes place in New York City Central Park, each standing at the north and south end respectively.

Speed unrestricted.

See if this goes well. (Yes I started this in response to this)

Optimus Prime (Transformers: Prime) - 7 - Leader Vladimir, TheMonsterKing56, ArgentinianDeadpool, Jimboydejuan12, Not Icarus, ZellTemplar55, TheArsenal1212

RX-78-2 Gundam - 1 - Asuka the Demonic Empress

push

probably sounds to many as a reaction to this now

(OK our Amuro Ray is screwed in front of this OP ok?)

Huesito88 said:
Just 1 question what's Gundam attack speed?
RX-78-2 Gundam's speed as stated in our page:

Subsonic running speed (102.5 miles per hour / 165 km/h). Supersonic+ (Mach 5) with boosts. Hypersonic+ combat speed in space.

XM-XX Ghost said:
Amuro at which point in the story? Depending on the answer then the kiddo could either get his funky Newtype ***** or not
The Amuro Ray at One-Year War is used.

(CCA Amuro has access to RX-93 Nu Gundam, which can do crazier *****.)

At that point the ****** can already do ***** like predicting where his enemy would move ain't he? Been a while since the last time i touch any ***** UC (that's not crossbone). Considering the location is a crowdass place then he might have the advantage of using it in tandem with his space jesus prowess

He could aim and shoot/slash for sure. But he has only hyper bazooka and Vulcan machine guns and his twin beam sabers. His ammo is still limited but sure he can make one good aim and finish things quick.

**** me, didn't read that. Totes thought he had his beam gun. But yea he could still either throw his beam sword (but that'd be kinda dumb since he got less sword to slash ***** with) or aimbot with bazooka. Vulcan's range is kinda shitty, wouldn't count on it for aim->shoot tactic. Would like to see more arguments on optimus' side aside from "he got more exp"

I'm really unsure.

Gundam seen to have better weaponry/equipment and hax, while Optimus seen to have greater combat experience.

In term of skills i'm not sure (experience doesn't equal combat skills), they may be on similar level for what i know.

But if i must choice, i feel like Amuro Ray may eventually win due of having better chance to inflict greater damage.

And what do you mean by speed unrestricted? That speed isn't equalized? You know that would allow Amuro to speedblitz?

If Amuro was a trickster sort of guy, i could see him tricking Optimus with "oh, that last blow has fixed my mind, i am no longer under the evil darklord's control....!" And then shooting Optimus in the chest, but nah. He will lose this one.

Stefano4444 said:
I'm really unsure.

Gundam seen to have better weaponry/equipment and hax, while Optimus seen to have greater combat experience.

In term of skills i'm not sure (experience doesn't equal combat skills), they may be on similar level for what i know.

But if i must choice, i feel like Amuro Ray may eventually win due of having better chance to inflict greater damage.

And what do you mean by speed unrestricted? That speed isn't equalized? You know that would allow Amuro to speedblitz?
The Mach 5 boost is in short bursts. Battle takes place on Earth so Amuro cannot enjoy the Newton's laws of motion for too long. Yet still good to chase down OP once in range.

VS debates here can have speed unrestricted (not equalised) matches or speed equalised matches. I am just spelling the conditions. Thanks.

Also, his ammo is limited so either he makes the shot or he misses and resort to chasing OP into a melee.

Jasonsith said:
The Mach 5 boost is in short bursts. Battle takes place on Earth so Amuro cannot enjoy the Newton's laws of motion for too long. Yet still good to chase down OP once in range.

VS debates here can have speed unrestricted (not equalised) matches or speed equalised matches. I am just spelling the conditions. Thanks.

Also, his ammo is limited so either he makes the shot or he misses and resort to chasing OP into a melee.
Maybe but it still got Massively Hypersonic+ reactions, Amuro will be able to react and dodge most attacks from Prime.

His ammo is limited but his weaponry seen to be more powerful overall and it could inflict major damage with the right chance.

Stefano4444 said:
Maybe but it still got Massively Hypersonic+ reactions, Amuro will be able to react and dodge most attacks from Prime.

His ammo is limited but his weaponry seen to be more powerful overall and it could inflict major damage with the right chance.
Yeah so this is the beauty:

Optimus Prime HERE has supersonic speed and (possibly high-end) supersonic reactions and battle experience, while RX-78-2 has normally subsonic speed and high supersonic+ short boosts, but MHS+ reactions, precog and accuracy.

Well sorry lol. Anyways, Optimus Prime for superior experience and physical capabilities. (I still hope that G1 Optimus Prime gets a speed upgrade if somebody does a calc about him with a jetpack instead of his feet boosters and him being capable of dodging lasers that can shoot things at space while being at ground level.)

Score's now 7-1, now it's grace period and then we can add this into Optimus Prime's profile once the grace is finished.

Back