• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I know that, but still, but I know of a 9-A character from Vertigo who has like 1-A levels of hax. Not to mention faster characters are generally more likely to use their hax first I should note. Obviously Tier 0 characters are top tier no matter what, but still.

Oh I was mostly referring to fighting games in general.

still though like I'd rather look at this like most people are on equal footing.

kinda like how in Smash Snake can fight Mario and Samus

I know that, but that's just game mechanics. VS Battles wiki doesn't allow Tier equalization outside of Fun & Games boards. Which counts as like special game mode.

Then dis is the special game mode my brudda

At least that's what I'll be assuming in all my posts. Sounds like that'd be the more fun one to play anyways..

If Reinhard was in Smash, I bet he would just be an assist trophy that says some words before launching his spear in a straight line, the hitbox only lasts one frame, but if it hits, those caught in it are inmediately KO´d if they have over 100% of damage, otherwise, sent flying diagonally upwards, after which he vanishes.

Ooo all the actually super high tiers on this wiki, like 1 and 0 and stuff could maybe be assist trophies or something like that that's be interesting.

they like watch the fight in the background

DarkDragonMedeus said:
I know that, but that's just game mechanics. VS Battles wiki doesn't allow Tier equalization outside of Fun & Games boards. Which counts as like special game mode.
Honestly. I think tier equalisations similar to 1-A matches should be allowed. But just not added.

We can just paste a mechanics like that Master Hand´s true form is the strongest tier 0 in reality and is just playing around with the characters, which balanced the stats of everyone so there are no stomps, at least with the notable guys that would be playable.

Characters below tier 10, and in tier 1 and 0 should only be assist trophies to keep things simple.

Monarch of Pointland: Nothing appears, but he is sent to the center of the stage, in which the camera of the game starts focusing on it, until there´s like only about 5 meters of space in the screen, after it makes a small "wink" and vanishes.

Yeah, it does the same thing as the Squid Sisters, but with no audio in its part.

Wish I knew how to make a tier list because it'd sound fun to just make a tier list of what we have so far.

At least for the ones that go a little more in depth.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Honestly we should allow serious debates on AP equal matches, but they just don't get added, just like x number of characters on 1 battles.

Gonna do this one more time at least for now. Afterwards I kinda just wanna mess around with this idea. Heh.

Kennen: Kennen can basically be described like Sonic getting zapped with volts upon volts of electricity. He's a fast guy. Annoyingly so, in fact, and many a player find him terribly annoying to fight. The very definition of a mid tier character, Kennen has stats that make him good but not the best. He relies on most of his cheap mechanics to get him through. Most of his attacks are going to stun you, and his combos can take away quite a bit of your health too: not only that but he's incredibly annoying to hit with that tiny box of his. He's like The Man, in that case, but less annoying...somehow. Hard to pinpoint what makes him less annoying, but he just is. A good Kennen player will likely stun you for the entire game. Might as well set your controller down if they got a good combo going. Unlike some of the other mid tiers, Kennen has actually seen some tourney games, with him dominating some of the other pretty good characters like Ben 10 himself and the Dragonborn. This was what mainly got him into the limelight, and has since then got a little buff to his defenses, which were lacking. Now he's arguably higher in the tier list, but debate is still had. Most Kennen players are generally seen as obnoxious and have ADHD. Like him or not, there's something you gotta respect about the guy.

Homer Simpson:
Ah, Homer. The butt of a lot of jokes in the community. He's a heavy hitter/tank kid that has a lot of defense and can hit pretty hard, but his low mobility makes him a bit of a sitting duck half the time. He tires out easily as well and struggles to really fight anyone who can fight him at a range, as he suffers from some knock back issues. If he does get close to you, though, he's gonna hurt a lot. The problem is it's hard to close the gap with Homer, which is why he's rather low tier. Very few people actually play Homer, with there being much better and honestly cooler looking options out there. Homer is not flashy and he does not play easily. Chances are if you pick him up you're going to struggle a lot, but if you can perfect his donut toss into walloping the opponent, you can easily get a ten hit combo off, though that's only with skilled players. Unlike some joke characters, Homer only has one professional player who mains him, Eggselon, and he's proved himself to be very capable with the character, but he hasn't won any major tournaments. He gets surprisingly far for who he uses, though. He's stated himself that he fights pretty well against people such as the dreaded Gingerbread Man as well as some of the higher tiers like Midoriya.

Raymond Bryce: Raymond Bryce is your stereotypical gunman in a punch game, and because of this there isn't much to say about him. People like to argue on whether he's a low tier or straight up bottom tier, with everyone having their own opinions. One thing is for sure, most of the people who play this guy are Australian and they love shooting things. Raymond Bryce is essentially the Courier except with more mobility options, such as his roll and his Take Cover! move, the latter or which makes his hit on practically impossible to hit. Though, Raymond really lacks any heavy hitting attacks, and most of them have pathetic knock back. You'll see this guy in a lot of local tournaments in Australia, but outside of it his popularity falls. This fighter has never seen the light of a tournament.

Jackythejack said:
Gonna do this one more time at least for now. Afterwards I kinda just wanna mess around with this idea. Heh.
Homer Simpson: Ah, Homer. The butt of a lot of jokes in the community. He's a heavy hitter/tank kid that has a lot of defense and can hit pretty hard, but his low mobility makes him a bit of a sitting duck half the time. He tires out easily as well and struggles to really fight anyone who can fight him at a range, as he suffers from some knock back issues. If he does get close to you, though, he's gonna hurt a lot. The problem is it's hard to close the gap with Homer, which is why he's rather low tier. Very few people actually play Homer, with there being much better and honestly cooler looking options out there. Homer is not flashy and he does not play easily. Chances are if you pick him up you're going to struggle a lot, but if you can perfect his donut toss into walloping the opponent, you can easily get a ten hit combo off, though that's only with skilled players. Unlike some joke characters, Homer only has one professional player who mains him, Eggselon, and he's proved himself to be very capable with the character, but he hasn't won any major tournaments. He gets surprisingly far for who he uses, though. He's stated himself that he fights pretty well against people such as the dreaded Gingerbread Man as well as some of the higher tiers like Midoriya.
But Homer would have some moves to balance that:

Side Special: Fat Grow

Homer´s fatness grows to the point his head, arms and legs are almost fully covered by the fat skin of the rest of his body, effectivelly turning him into a ball of fat, he can rotate to burrow grounded foes and even reflect pryectiles while using it, he also has Super Armor while using it, but he can´t spam it. The more he eats, the btter the move can be (aka, at peak, the speed of it increases noticeably and can even be canceled by the shield command).

If used in the air, Homer falls down to potentially bounce upwards once on the floor, you can grab ledges while using this move, however, so only use it to get back to the stage if you know what you´re doing.

Up Special: Time Toaster

Homer takes out of his pocket in a hammerspace fashion his Time Toaster, and then teleports while making a small explosion to another place nearby, returning back with another small explosion around him, unlike other recovery teleportation moves, this one doesn´t go as far, but it can be used more offensivelly as the explosions do quite a good amount of damage, you may also just do a directional dodge instead if you want another alternative to get back to the stage that doesn´t take as long and reaches as much.

Down Special: Alcohol Attack

Just like any other counter-based move, Homer stands in a defensive position, if he is attacked while the move is being done, he´ll stab the target with a Duff alcohol bottle.

Neutral Special: Duff Can

Homer drinks a Duff bottle and launches it. If he fully drinks it, he recovers and small amount of health and the throw is more powerful and has more range. The move can be charged for later by using the shield command.

Final Smash: Green Grabber

Homer eats a plutonium bar and then quickly grows to then take about half of the stage, those caught in the area of effect are digested (doing poison-based damage) and then spitted out upwards, if any of those caught gets 100% or more of damage before the final blow, they are immediately KO´d and Homer recovers a 5% of health for each one that suffers this sort of KO.

This is obviously Smash Bros based, but wow, Homer ended up witht this as basically another King K. Rool, but with a better version of Yoshi´s side special, Wii Fit Trainer´s Neutral Special and a similar version of Meta Knight´s Down Special.

Back