• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

War Robots verse creation

Hello. I've been working on creating a War Robots profile and eventually a verse page for War Robots (formerly known as Walking War Robots).

I've got an example profile ready (it's almost complete) and I got a calc ready where most robots would scale to.

Now before I started creating profiles I need some help and ask some questions.

How do I factor in Robot upgrades in the profiles? Every robot in the game will likely scale of Shell's explosion calc in some way or another, and Shell's calc'd explosion yield will not change between upgrades, a level 1 Shell has the same explosive yield as a level 25 Shell (MK3 in this game), yet in game obviously a maxed Shell is far more powerful and deals far more damage with its explosion. Do I attribute the calc'd value to the level 1 Shell and simply have the upgraded bots upscale from that? Or do I keep the AP value the same between upgrade iterations? (Game mechanics?)

Also, how do I scale other weapons or damage sources (like mothership strikes) from the calcs? Do we simply do linear scaling based off damage numbers? (2x damage = 2x AP, valorant does this iirc) or treat it like how the wiki treats DB power levels where everything just upscales or downscales based off a specific calc'd or multiplied AP value?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll note that your link currently prompts whoever is clicking it to edit the page. May want to fix that.

How do I factor in Robot upgrades in the profiles? Every robot in the game will likely scale of Shell's explosion calc in some way or another, and Shell's calc'd explosion yield will not change between upgrades, a level 1 Shell has the same explosive yield as a level 25 Shell (MK3 in this game), yet in game obviously a maxed Shell is far more powerful and deals far more damage with its explosion. Do I attribute the calc'd value to the level 1 Shell and simply have the upgraded bots upscale from that? Or do I keep the AP value the same between upgrade iterations? (Game mechanics?)
Upscaling from the baseline calc is acceptable in the void of proper exposition of better feats- this means you can say "At least 8-B" rather than "8-B" for higher level shells, and clarify that they upscale from the calculated value.

Also, how do I scale other weapons or damage sources (like mothership strikes) from the calcs?
I'm going to need you to clarify what you mean here. If they have other weapons, you may note that in their tier- if these weapons are simply higher or lower in power compared to their usual affair, but lack a feat, then simply stating "higher/lower via ___" is acceptable. I'm not familiar with DB power levels so can't comment on that bit.

I'm going to need you to clarify what you mean here. If they have other weapons, you may note that in their tier- if these weapons are simply higher or lower in power compared to their usual affair, but lack a feat, then simply stating "higher/lower via ___" is acceptable. I'm not familiar with DB power levels so can't comment on that bit.
Okay so the robots can damage each other using their built-in abilities (like Shell's explosion), but they also have their own external weapons with their own damage values, they also can have a mothership support who can attack enemies.

Now my main question would be how to determine other weapon's AP value, an upgraded Shell's AP value, mothership AP value, all by using Shell's calc.

I had two ideas in mind which is either using linear upscaling based of in game damage numbers or regular VSBW upscaling downscaling.

For the first method, for example the level 1 Shell's explosion deals 15870 damage (Which would correlate to the 80 Ton calc). An MK3 Shell deals 57406 damage per explosion. If I upscale the AP value linearly with the in game damage number it would be 290 Tons. I would then also be to linearly downscale a level 5 Thunder (8640 damage per shot) to 44 Ton.

If I use the second scaling method an MK3 Shell will just upscale to baseline 8-A by being far more powerful than a level 1 Shell (80 Tons is close enough 100 Tons). A level 5 Thunder will then just downscale to Baseline 8-B+ (55 Tons)

Valorant uses the first method and is accepted which is why I'm asking this as an option. But I am leaning towards the second method.

Without a statement of being x times stronger, just "At least 8-B" will suffice. Game mechanics like damage values are not typically recognized except to establish general superiority.

Quick question: What power is disappearing from enemy targeting system? Because numerous robots have that ability. (Can't be tracked by Radar temporarily)

Perhaps limited Technology Manipulation without further explanation.

Updated the Shell sandbox

Added a second key to represent both a level 1 Shell and an MK3 Upgraded one. Added mothership strikes in Shell's attack potency. Added Wall level+ Striking Strength (Shell's weight should be relative to Seraph who is 120 tons). Moved Regeneration to second key only (level 1 Shell can't use active modules)

Back