• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Weak Hero Discussion Thread

0.0566 Megajoules. Oof.
I don't see it as a clyinder IMO, it looks mostly like a biiig circle, mostly is though.
It is a circle. But a circle is a 2-D object. The only 2 3-D shapes with a circle as a face are cones and cylinders. A circular hole that goes from the front of a rectangular door to the back would be the same as circles stacked on top of each other ( i.e. a cylinder.)

It is a circle. But a circle is a 2-D object. The only 2 3-D shapes with a circle as a face are cones and cylinders. A circular hole that goes from the front of a rectangular door to the back would be the same as circles stacked on top of each other ( i.e. a cylinder.)
Oh? Fair, mb gang.
Let me redo the door calc, I already have the width, just need to get the thickness of the door and the height of it; right?

Oh? Fair, mb gang.
Let me redo the door calc, I already have the width, just need to get the thickness of the door and the height of it; right?
No, the height of the full door is irrelevant. You already found the radius of the hole earlier. You just have to substitute the formulas

4/3 π r³ -> π r² H(Height).

In this case, the thickness of the door is the height of the cylinder.
The radius is something you already found (35.23 cm)

So it's just 3.14... x 35.23 x 35.23 x 4.445 (door thickness) x 10.2732 (V Frag of wood)

This gets you 178 kj. So apparently I calced it wrong the first time. I have to check what happened.

Edit: for some reason, my dumbass divided by π. So yeah the total is

178054.382464 joules. Which isn't that bad to be honest, but definitely a drop off from 1.88 MJ.

Last edited:
No, the height of the full door is irrelevant. You already found the radius of the hole earlier. You just have to substitute the formulas

4/3 π r³ -> π r² H(Height).

In this case, the thickness of the door is the height of the cylinder.
The radius is something you already found (35.23 cm)

So it's just 3.14... x 35.23 x 35.23 x 4.445 (door thickness) x 10.2732 (V Frag of wood)

This gets you 178 kj. So apparently I calced it wrong the first time. I have to check what happened.

Edit: for some reason, my dumbass divided by π. So yeah the total is

178054.382464 joules. Which isn't that bad to be honest, but definitely a drop off from 1.88 MJ.
I was doing the calc on discord and eventually found it out, thanks though. However, I found the height of it G

So... following the height of damage, it should be..

π r² H(Height)

(4/3) π * 35.23² * 63.462 * 4.445 * 10.2732 = 15066249.6 Joules... 15 Megajoules.
Uhhh, no? The hole (corny joke sue me) purpose of using radius for a circle is that a r² x π = Area. This is completely invalidated when you use a radius and a height. You also multiplied by 4/3 and an extra 35.23. If you wanna use this and ditch using the area of a circle while still somewhat using it the correct calc would be
π * 35.23 * 63.462 * 4.445 * 10.2732 which would be 320 kj, not the result you gave which uses a pseudo sphere calc.
I'd recommend going back to the earlier calc I gave which led to 178 kj but idrk what to think at this point.

Uhhh, no? The hole (corny joke sue me) purpose of using radius for a circle is that a r² x π = Area. This is completely invalidated when you use a radius and a height. You also multiplied by 4/3 and an extra 35.23. If you wanna use this and ditch using the area of a circle while still somewhat using it the correct calc would be
π * 35.23 * 63.462 * 4.445 * 10.2732 which would be 320 kj, not the result you gave which uses a pseudo sphere calc.
I'd recommend going back to the earlier calc I gave which led to 178 kj but idrk what to think at this point.
LET IT HIT ONE MEGAJOULE 👿
Aight, I'll use the one you showed. Let me get on my PC.

On second thought tho, I think my second calc was better. The first is more a circle but the hole is elliptical (looks like an oval) meaning my second calc is better. 320 kj ain't nothing to scoff at. Ofc both can be added to a blog for the purpose of being conservative tho.

This one;

jpKR94H.png
eGQ6kJU.png

Oh you just tryna calc the crack in the wall? What's the height of the character and what material is the wall made of?

Oh you just tryna calc the crack in the wall? What's the height of the character and what material is the wall made of?
It's bungou stray dogs ;-;

Dazai is 1,81

Wall is made of stone? Idk they are in some sort of basement for torture in an crime organization of sorts

Back