• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whether to use "At least"/"possibly higher"

Hear me out...

So I've been wondering about something (which will determine whether I try for another go at a revision I've previously attempted)

If a character was shown as a casual 9-A in a verse full of 9-Bs...

Then a second character with another 9-A feat beat them in a fight...

And that second character was perfectly matched against another fighter...

And a fourth character was confirmed to be stronger than any of the above three, with one of those 9-As barely holding out against them while they were utterly casual...

And another character beat that character without getting serious...

And a final character has been confirmed as being capable of casually soloing all five of the above characters at their best, plus all 9-Bs so far introduced, with absolutely no effort whatsoever...

Would that scaling still make the last character 9-A, or would they be higher?

9A is a relatively large tier, so I don't think you could give anything but an "at least... likely higher" to the final character. Maybe if the 9A feats were pretty high in the tier it would be different.

Btw, this sounds like you're talking about DRRR and/or Baccano. Are you talking about DRRR and/or Baccano?

I may in fact be talking about DRRR and/or Baccano, yes.

It just seems so weird to me that certai someones don't have a possibly higher at least, considering how emphatically they're presented as being on a whole other level

Even with Claire's perpetual casualness, and the fact that he formerly had the "possibly higher", which was removed during the initial revision and never put back during the second revision (which pretty much just consisted of undoing the first revision due to mistakes on my part)? I think the original "possibly higher" is still valid.

A tier 9-A character can defeat billions of other tier 9-A characters with utter ease and still be 9-A.

That may be true, but if their upper limits were nowhere near shown, I think that's literally the exact reason we would put possibly higher

-BANLK- said:
A tier 9-A character can defeat billions of other tier 9-A characters with utter ease and still be 9-A.
I think that we have recurrently used "likely higher" for situations such as this, but I do not think that we have any set rules for it, and it depends on how much of a difference there is between the character that was being scaled from and the upper border of a tier.

For example, some of the tiers, such as 9-B and High 6-A have an upper border that is thousands of times higher than the lower border. In those case we should usually avoid it unless the character that is being scaled from is reasonably close to the upper border.

Well, 9-A has a 50x difference between the lower and upper border, and I do not know the context for your example, so I am not able to be of much help here.

So my calc request to Golden Void was deleted, and he's not getting back to me on why. I'm sure he has a reason (he's doubtlessly extremely busy), but i'm not sure who else would be available to request it from.

Well, this isn't a calculation request, so I think that my earlier explanation will have to be enough.

Use this page instead: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1604488

I did, but it's either taking a long time or it's been done and I don't know it. I don't wanna be impatient, but this has been an issue for a long time.

Well, I have no definitive answer to the first post, and the calc group likely does not either.

Uh huh. The only solid feat of destruction I could find was when Graham Specter breaks apart the floor with his wrench and when Ladd Russo shakes three prison cells with a punch.

The first feat should be calculateable, considering that it has a clear radius and happens onscreen, the latter is only described in the novel

Back